Test the latest DJI Inspire 2 firmware and win DJI Credit!
2145953336 2145953336 2018-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Test the latest DJI Inspire 2 firmware and win DJI Credit!

New Inspire 2 firmware will be available soon! To optimize user experience of the new version, we would like to invite you to participate in the public beta test.

If you give us your feedback, user experience, and valuable suggestions for firmware optimization, you will get a chance to win DJI Credit and exciting accessories! You may also be authorized to join future internal beta tests, win special titles, and even interact directly with DJI R&D engineers.

Target Beta Testers:
300 Inspire 2 users.

How to Apply:
1. Please email your application to beta@dji.com
2. Subject: Inspire 2 Firmware Public Beta Test Application
3. Email Content:
    Forum ID:
    DJI Account:

How to Test:
1. We will give you access to the public beta test after receiving your information.
2. You are required to upgrade your device to the beta firmware versions below:
Aircraft Beta Firmware Version: V01.02.0300
Remote Controller Beta Firmware Version: V01.01.0050
Cendence Beta Firmware Version: V02.00.0150
CrystalSky Beta Firmware Version: V02.06.06.00
iOS DJI GO 4 Beta Firmware Version: V4.3.0 or above
Android DJI GO 4 Beta Firmware Version: V4.3.0 or above
We suggest you to enable DJI Product improvement Project in DJI GO 4 (Me ->Top Right setting button - > Privacy - > DJI Product improvement Project) to help us optimize our products and services.
3. Please fill out the attached form and email it to beta@dji.com with “Inspire 2 Firmware Public Beta Test Feedback” as the subject line. excel.png

Reward Plan:
1. The rewards are based on a point scheme. DJI will review and classify your feedback according to the criteria below, then determine your points according to how much the reported bugs can contribute to firmware optimization.
a. 0 points for requests for new features
b. 2 points for any bugs
c. 3 point for small bugs that cannot be solved in the short term
d. 4 points for small bugs that can be solved in the short term
e. 5 points for serious bugs that cannot be solved in the short term
f. 6 points for serious bugs that can be solved in the short term
2. We will calculate points between the release of the beta firmware and the release of the official firmware. After the rewards are given out, points will return to zero.
3. The top 30 point earners will be rewarded with 200 CNY DJI Credits. Top 10 point earners will be rewarded with an Inspire 2 shirt (fixed size) and 200 CNY DJI Credits. Top 5 point earners will be rewarded with an Inspire 2 shirt (fixed size) and 200 CNY DJI Credits, as well as a chance to join the DJI internal test team depending on whether the feedback they provided was constructive.
4. The rewards will be released after the public beta test. If several users report the same bug, they will all receive points; however, the first person who reports the bug will win one extra point.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Within the scope of the law, DJI reserves the right of final interpretation of the program.

Inspire_2_Release_Notes_EN_20181011.pdf

200.95 KB, Down times: 162

2018-10-16
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

What do I get if beta firmware crashes my drone?
2018-10-16
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I think it can be a good experience!
2018-10-16
Use props
Tharg (from the Planet 'Thring&#
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

rent Posted at 2018-10-16 07:38

This has been covered before.
2018-10-16
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

Hope this comes soon, finally fixing all major issues...
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Nicksons Posted at 2018-10-16 16:10
Hope this comes soon, finally fixing all major issues...

Hi Nicksons, it will come soon, we have attached the release notes in the thread, you can check it.
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi rent, any crash caused by the beta firmware, we will cover it.
2018-10-16
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

If all those changes work this could be a solid firmware !
2018-10-16
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-16 19:09
Hi Nicksons, it will come soon, we have attached the release notes in the thread, you can check it.

Hi mindy,  solutions mentioned on the release notes are the main problems all users are experimenting together with stability issues, hope this comes out soon !!! Thanks
2018-10-17
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

i hope i dont crash my x7 on these beta
2018-10-17
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

i hope i dont crash my x7 on these beta
2018-10-17
Use props
massimiliano maestroni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201752 ft
Italy

Done!hi i can't read release note
2018-10-17
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i hope my application gets excepted soon, i have the next 4 days off work and the weather is looking good!
On the latest release of firmware (.200) I was able to create the “Fixed a rare issue where compass interference altered the orientation of the aircraft“ issue nearly 100% of the time and because of that Im keen to test and provide feedback for this.
Soon after the .200 firmware was released, I provided my flight logs to DJI showing off this issue, so I’m interested to see if it’s fixed.

I have no interest in the DJI credit on offer or a bug bounty, but rather ensuring the issues can/will get fixed, as such I’m hoping my feedback and/or logs will do that.

2018-10-17
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

is it gonna support force pro ? would love to test that
2018-10-17
Use props
flyingfun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

massimiliano maestroni Posted at 2018-10-17 11:29

i have the same issue from time to time it works ...
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nicksons Posted at 2018-10-17 05:37
Hi mindy,  solutions mentioned on the release notes are the main problems all users are experimenting together with stability issues, hope this comes out soon !!! Thanks

It will come very soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mafia16 Posted at 2018-10-17 06:53
i hope i dont crash my x7 on these beta

Hi Mafia, as I mentioned, any crash caused by the beta firmware will be covered, no worries, welcome to test the beta.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-10-17 14:31
is it gonna support force pro ? would love to test that

Hi Flo, currently, DJI Force Pro is only compatible with the Ronin 2 and Ronin-S, or third-party gimbals through an S-BUS connection. Your need will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-10-17 12:00
i hope my application gets excepted soon, i have the next 4 days off work and the weather is looking good!
On the latest release of firmware (.200) I was able to create the “Fixed a rare issue where compass interference altered the orientation of the aircraft“ issue nearly 100% of the time and because of that Im keen to test and provide feedback for this.
Soon after the .200 firmware was released, I provided my flight logs to DJI showing off this issue, so I’m interested to see if it’s fixed.

Hi jdmagoo, thank you for your participation, hope the issue you are experiencing now will be fixed with this firmware.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

massimiliano maestroni Posted at 2018-10-17 11:29

Hi massimiliano, it should work now, please try again, if not, please check my screenshot below. GTScreenshot_20181018_151704.png
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

flyingfun Posted at 2018-10-17 21:54
i have the same issue from time to time it works ...

Hi flyingfun, please check the screenshot in 20# if it still doesn't work.
2018-10-17
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-17 23:16
Hi jdmagoo, thank you for your participation, hope the issue you are experiencing now will be fixed with this firmware.

Hi Mindy,

I put three sets of Batteries through today and tested for a good hour trying to replicate the problem and can say it’s fixed!! Previously I could get the inspire to yaw uncommanded nearly 100% of the time, now not once!

The gimbal doesn’t yaw either on both the 15 and 45mm lens, it stays perfectly locked on. The hover performance is similar to my Mavic now compared to the .100 firmware I was on previous. So far very happy with this firmware! A lot more testing to do though and will fly for most of tomorrow and submit bug reports if I find any
2018-10-18
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-10-18 03:33
Hi Mindy,

I put three sets of Batteries through today and tested for a good hour trying to replicate the problem and can say it’s fixed!! Previously I could get the inspire to yaw uncommanded nearly 100% of the time, now not once!

jdmagoo
You may want to check the terms of the beta, often they have a clause in there that prohibits you from sharing updates outside the program.  As much as I would love to hear about this program I don't want you (or anyone) to have issues with the program terms (if those exist within this DJI Beta).

However, your post contains very exciting news!  I was going to sign up for the beta but didn't think I would the weather to fly much as winter and snow is all around me now.
2018-10-18
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-10-18 03:33
Hi Mindy,

I put three sets of Batteries through today and tested for a good hour trying to replicate the problem and can say it’s fixed!! Previously I could get the inspire to yaw uncommanded nearly 100% of the time, now not once!

Finally good news! No warning messages? No horizon tilt? No drifting? Stable ? It’s really working?
2018-10-18
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-10-18 06:52
jdmagoo
You may want to check the terms of the beta, often they have a clause in there that prohibits you from sharing updates outside the program.  As much as I would love to hear about this program I don't want you (or anyone) to have issues with the program terms (if those exist within this DJI Beta).

The changes on this updates are already known, the release notes are on detail, here it’s just saying that this issue it’s fixed as dji says... I’m not observing any detail on the beta firmware project itself as you referred, more than dji already mentioning...  
2018-10-18
Use props
massimiliano maestroni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201752 ft
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-17 23:19
Hi massimiliano, it should work now, please try again, if not, please check my screenshot below.[view_image]

tnx Mindy, i sent the apply but nothing.. my mail is empty ;-( 1 day left for response...
2018-10-18
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

POINTS, POINTS, AND MORE POINTS!! YOU MAY EVEN GET A DJI SHIRT!! FIXED SIZE OF COURSE!!
2018-10-18
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-10-16 07:38
I think it can be a good experience!

OHHH!! It will be an experience All Right !!
2018-10-18
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-16 20:28
Hi rent, any crash caused by the beta firmware, we will cover it.

Mindy, who determines that ?
2018-10-18
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mafia16 Posted at 2018-10-17 06:53
i hope i dont crash my x7 on these beta

Doubt that your Camera and Lens' are covered in this project
2018-10-18
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You people are out of your minds! If you want test pilots, pick the experienced pilots and you supply the equipment that you want tested. Why should we invest $ 6-10 K to your developement and or update programs? I paid good money for something that was advertised as FLAWLESS!! Now you want me to help you for a T-Shirt at my expense and time ! Recruiot some experienced users and work with them directly to help you with field experience and supply the input.
2018-10-18
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-10-18 13:08
You people are out of your minds! If you want test pilots, pick the experienced pilots and you supply the equipment that you want tested. Why should we invest $ 6-10 K to your developement and or update programs? I paid good money for something that was advertised as FLAWLESS!! Now you want me to help you for a T-Shirt at my expense and time ! Recruiot some experienced users and work with them directly to help you with field experience and supply the input.

hi roger,

while you are right it seems that the first reports about the beta seem to be very positive and let´s hope it will get use a great .300 firmware soon and the nightmare is over !

I think it would be great to have some active users of this forum as permanent beta testers that bridge the gap between pilots and engineers  ! @mindy please pitch this idea of Rodger to the boss

2018-10-18
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Argentina

Feel the same, reward is insignificant compared to the aircraft price, the minimiun for me is a pair of batteries, and is a very cheap price ....
2018-10-18
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-10-18 06:52
jdmagoo

Thanks for the warning, I did check before posting. Couldn’t see any reference to terms and conditions anywhere so figured it’s fair game. Same as Apples public beta.
If it’s an internal beta that would be a different story, in addition there was no NDA for me to sign as well.

Of course if I’ve breached any guidelines or rules more than happy for someone at DJI to let me know, but so far these are not available for me to read
2018-10-18
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I’m not really sure how a public beta is any different to installing the release version in the past. Previously DJI would internally test the firmware until its at a satisfactory level, then release to the public as a finalised version. Then the bugs come out.
This time round they did the same testing internally until it’s at a satisfactory level, but unlike previous, they opened it up to a small public sample group to capture any further bugs.
For me this is how they should release all future firmware, but also, I couldn’t use the .200 firmware as the uncommanded yaw drift occurred to often and I considered it unsafe. So installing let’s me see if they fixed that and provide aircraft specific feedback if they haven’t.
2018-10-18
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-10-18 13:51
hi roger,

while you are right it seems that the first reports about the beta seem to be very positive and let´s hope it will get use a great .300 firmware soon and the nightmare is over !

I hope it is positive! 2.0 was supposed to be! Obviously it was never tested in the field. Most people had very bad experiences with 2.0. DJI needs to have dedicated users working with these updates, and not just for points and a T-Shirt!
2018-10-18
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicksons Posted at 2018-10-18 13:53
Feel the same, reward is insignificant compared to the aircraft price, the minimiun for me is a pair of batteries, and is a very cheap price ....

My reward is to have the bAircraft perform as advertised.
2018-10-18
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-10-18 14:08
I’m not really sure how a public beta is any different to installing the release version in the past. Previously DJI would internally test the firmware until its at a satisfactory level, then release to the public as a finalised version. Then the bugs come out.
This time round they did the same testing internally until it’s at a satisfactory level, but unlike previous, they opened it up to a small public sample group to capture any further bugs.
For me this is how they should release all future firmware, but also, I couldn’t use the .200 firmware as the uncommanded yaw drift occurred to often and I considered it unsafe. So installing let’s me see if they fixed that and provide aircraft specific feedback if they haven’t.

Mine, I had to put down in tall grass ever so gently in order not to damage the Gimbal. The landing gear would not come down. Fortunately the only damage was grass stains from mowing then landing spots weeds. Went back to the 100 version and things are OK other than the stable hover issue. With the 200 there is also a very slow response issue while turning.
2018-10-18
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Submitted, glad if we're accepted.
2018-10-18
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-16 19:09

Dear Mindy, we applied. Hopefully we will be accepted. I tried to look at the release note, but could not see the attached PDF
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules