Cold weather process
904 6 2018-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27510 ft
  • >>>

Is it important to warm the motor before taking of in cold weather? What is the procedure when flying in cold weather with the inspire 2
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. I would recommend using the aircraft in moderate weather conditions with temperatures between -4 to 104°F ( -20 to 40°C) to maximize the usage of the aircraft and avoid the incident as well. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Worry more about batteries temperature before attempting to fly in a cold air. The Go 4 app will warn you if batteries are not warm enough. They will reach safe threshold while you hovering 2-3 ft above ground for a minute or so.
2018-10-16
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-10-16 16:51
Worry more about batteries temperature before attempting to fly in a cold air. The Go 4 app will warn you if batteries are not warm enough. They will reach safe threshold while you hovering 2-3 ft above ground for a minute or so.

A friend of mine was filming my inspire 2 when i was taking off to get a shot and it wasn't cold but it was little windy and snowing but very very light but i just wanted to fly for five min because its a very expensive drone and i had my zenmuse x7 camera on it. And he posted it in instalagram and few guys are saying im a looser that i didnt warm the battery and start to fly in bad weather that im stupid.. thats why im im trying to see here if what i did was very wrong. Cause i saw a nice video on youtube with an inspire 2 and zenmuse x7 flying in snow and it looks very nice so i decide to get some shots with mine but as it says i can fly under -20 i took chance! Anyway lots of ppl are blasting me on that video comment!
2018-10-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

fans5abca74f Posted at 2018-10-17 06:20
A friend of mine was filming my inspire 2 when i was taking off to get a shot and it wasn't cold but it was little windy and snowing but very very light but i just wanted to fly for five min because its a very expensive drone and i had my zenmuse x7 camera on it. And he posted it in instalagram and few guys are saying im a looser that i didnt warm the battery and start to fly in bad weather that im stupid.. thats why im im trying to see here if what i did was very wrong. Cause i saw a nice video on youtube with an inspire 2 and zenmuse x7 flying in snow and it looks very nice so i decide to get some shots with mine but as it says i can fly under -20 i took chance! Anyway lots of ppl are blasting me on that video comment!

Minus 20 deg Celsius may be risky for any battery powered machine. The battery efficiency is dropping rapidly, the grease on arm lifting mechanism is getting stiff, the same apply to a motor bearings. Keep your batteries and a drone warm in a vehicle. After initial lift off and pre-flight check-up for any abnormalities, keep the battery state page open and carefully watch the displayed info. Do not push the throttle to a max, do not fly in Sport mode, because cold batteries may not deliver. Rapid cell's voltage drop into yellow or red zone are the signs of a trouble I will recommend to acknowledge and eliminate by immediate landing.

Generally, Inspire 2 class is not designed to fly in really cold environment. Most of us is hibernating them in a hangar, maintaining batteries health only during storage until the next summer season.

2018-10-17
Use props
fans5abca74f
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-10-17 09:45
Minus 20 deg Celsius may be risky for any battery powered machine. The battery efficiency is dropping rapidly, the grease on arm lifting mechanism is getting stiff, the same apply to a motor bearings. Keep your batteries and a drone warm in a vehicle. After initial lift off and pre-flight check-up for any abnormalities, keep the battery state page open and carefully watch the displayed info. Do not push the throttle to a max, do not fly in Sport mode, because cold batteries may not deliver. Rapid cell's voltage drop into yellow or red zone are the signs of a trouble I will recommend to acknowledge and eliminate by immediate landing.

Generally, Inspire 2 class is not designed to fly in really cold environment. Most of us is hibernating them in a hangar, maintaining batteries health only during storage until the next summer season.

Well thats what i did. It was warm in the car i took it out i on the motor i went very slow frw meeters nand flow back slowly and stop. They were calling me idot and looser do that in bad weather lol they dont ever know how cold it was. It was around -2. Anyway i guess i didnt do any mistake.
2018-10-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

fans5abca74f Posted at 2018-10-17 12:19
Well thats what i did. It was warm in the car i took it out i on the motor i went very slow frw meeters nand flow back slowly and stop. They were calling me idot and looser do that in bad weather lol they dont ever know how cold it was. It was around -2. Anyway i guess i didnt do any mistake.

Oh, I'm sure she can tolerate -10C with no problem, although flight time will be reduced. Just don't abuse her too much ...
2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules