HELP! Firmware Update stuck and Gimbal Disconnected
682 7 2018-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bruno Franchi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26358 ft

Hi, about a month ago at the night berofe a flight I tested my MP and everything was OK. The day when I tried to fly I got the camera image blurred (it didn't focus anymore) and the message "Gimbal Disconnected". Since this day i couldn't connect it anymore. I have to say that I just have updated to .500 version of firmware. So right now I can't update and even downgrade the firmware anymore. Together with this issue, when I try to auto-calibration the gimbal, after some tries it works and the gimbal do the work, but after finished this i get my gimbal working but I have no image from the camera. Its a very very weird issue and i just searched all the web to find a way out but i've tried everything and nothing works. Please help me I need the drone working to make my movies. Thank you all!
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to re-calibrate your gimbal? After that, please re-link your RC to your AC to be able to view the live feed. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for repair. If you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-10-16
Use props
Bruno Franchi
lvl.1

Thank you for the answer Natalia. I did it and have no success. What about the firmware update? Can it be causing the issue? I've tried so many times upgrading and downgrading and the proccess stucks at 44%. Sometimes thos proccess works but it's really rare.
2018-10-16
Use props
S4-Ducati
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107388 ft

I had this same issue last week. After several reboots the camera/gimbal did connect and I have in-focus live feed. At the same time I was experiencing compass calibration errors. That may have been due to a large piece of construction equipment. Once I move away the compass calibrated.
2018-10-17
Use props
Bruno Franchi
lvl.1

Before this event I had the same problem about three times, and it turned working again like yours. But this time even after many rebooting it doesn't work anymore. I don't know if it has something related with firmware upgrade failing..
2018-10-17
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

Had the same problem and had to send my MP in for repairs,  the thing is about a month before I did have a small crash,  now the drone worked well after for about a month with no problems then I updated, and that's when all the problems started, could not calibrate the gimbal,, gimbal started trembling,  downgraded things went back to normal so I waited a few days then listen to some of the people's advise so again I upgraded, bang the problems started all over again so after so many attempts to fix the problem by upgrading downgrading and everything else that I tried ,  decided to sent it in, mind you I did have care refresh and DJI  has taken good care of me in which I am so grateful,  but I will be extremely nervous when the time comes for me to upgrade,  this is not the first time I seen here on Forum where people had issues with that last upgrade.
2018-10-17
Use props
Bruno Franchi
lvl.1

I cannot even downgrade, cause it rarely works. My MP is in for repair right now, they said they will reset to the first firmware version but they are not sure this is gonna work cause the issue can be on gimbal flat cable. As DJI doesn't provide original flat cables, they don't make tihs kind of services. So I'm afraid to get it paid and doesn't work at the end.
2018-10-17
Use props
Bruno Franchi
lvl.1

Hey DJI, I found a person with the same issue than me, please help us! https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules