Turn off Obstacle beeping?
2413 7 2018-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I presume that the continuous beeping that I hear is the Obstacle Detection system.  As I wrote elsewhere, at the moment, I'm confined to a rather small backyard with an apple tree almost dead center and additional fruit trees and shrubs.  I can circle the tree and gain some altitude in two locations.  But the constant beeping is more than annoying although I understand its purpose.

Thanks.

2018-10-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The beeping cannot be disabled. You don't have to fly hear obstacles though
2018-10-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, do you have an ankle monitor??? Otherwise go find an open space and fly.
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern, unfortunately, we don't have the option to turn off the Obstacle avoidance beeping sound when sensing since it's part of the safety feature.
2018-10-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Using my iPad Pro 10.5, I can turn the volume down via volume buttons on the iPad.
2018-10-16
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-10-16 14:21

The ankle bracelet referenced in the other post does confine my movements (g)

I have joined a flying club and it's about a 12 mile drive through Seattle traffic.  I also have to arrange to meet someone to be vetted.  No place legal in Seattle unless I find a church parking lot or similar and even that may be questionable.

Is the sound from the drone or the software app?   I can probably tone down the phone.

But, yes, I would like to have more room to fly.  But this still allows me to get the hang of things.
2018-10-16
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I have joined a flying club and it's about a 12 mile drive through Seattle traffic.  I also have to arrange to meet someone to be vetted.  No place legal in Seattle unless I find a church parking lot or similar and even that may be questionable.

Is the sound from the drone or the software app?   I can probably tone down the phone.

But, yes, I would like to have more room to fly.  But this still allows me to get the hang of things.
2018-10-16
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules