Improve Forum : Did it on my own... Enjoy ! (feedback appeciated)
2395 49 2018-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M4veric17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519715 ft
France

Screenshots with explanations...

Highlighting threads in thread-list view (part one) :

Screen 1

Screen 1

Highlighting threads in thread-list view (part two) :

Screen 2

Screen 2

Highlighting threads in thread-direct view :

Screen 3

Screen 3

Directly Accessing the last post from thread-list view :

Screen 4

Screen 4

And again a few remarks :

- you need TamperMonkey + my user script DJIForumImprove installed (see 1st post of this thread for instructions)
- highlighted threads are locally stored in your browser cookie, so they should be preserved even if you close your browser (unless if your brower deletes everything on close), but you will not retrieve your highlighted threads on another device/browser than on the one you used for creating them.
- you might have to wait for the whole page to finish loading for properly seeing your highlights

2018-11-18
Use props
M4veric17
lvl.3
France

So could you finally make it work on your end ?
2018-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

M4veric17 Posted at 11-18 09:15
So could you finally make it work on your end ?

I have not tried, thought the clock thing was DJI stock.
I avoid plugins as much as possible.
Nothing personal, but they have a way of messing with my development.

2018-11-18
Use props
M4veric17
lvl.3
France

Montfrooij Posted at 11-18 09:51
I have not tried, thought the clock thing was DJI stock.
I avoid plugins as much as possible.
Nothing personal, but they have a way of messing with my development.

This is actually because 'DJI Stock' seems to lack several functionnalities you usually find on other forums that i created my user script for trying to fix these missing features.

Now if you also work in development, i understand you might not want to mess up anything in your own work due to any add-on or whatever.

TamperMonkey and user scripts are though very powerful as you can add/re-design much stuff on any site that you would want to suit your needs.
2018-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

M4veric17 Posted at 11-18 10:18
This is actually because 'DJI Stock' seems to lack several functionnalities you usually find on other forums that i created my user script for trying to fix these missing features.

Now if you also work in development, i understand you might not want to mess up anything in your own work due to any add-on or whatever.

Yes, I fully understand your opinion.
The forum is rather 'lazy' and lacks some features I like in other forums.

Yes, I do some development in websites. Mainly prototyping before we decide to make 'the real deal'
Just to reduce the overall cost of developing our main ERP system since we have a proven concept ready plus a lot of data before we start
In the past I did have some plugins, but every now and then I got strange results when testing stuff and I ended up removing them all.
Nevertheless, it seems like a nice plugin and a cool script!
Maybe I try it in FF
2018-11-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

M4veric17 Posted at 11-18 08:46
Version 0.4 is ready and now make the highlight stuff also working when you are into any thread (and not just when viewing the thread's list). I also added a prompt confirmation before deleting  all hightlights through the ctrl+click function. I will add a few screenshots trying to clarify the whole highlighting process thing ^^

I never have to load a new version. They load themselves on my Chrome. Anyway thanks again for the fixes
2018-11-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

M4veric17 Posted at 11-18 10:18
This is actually because 'DJI Stock' seems to lack several functionnalities you usually find on other forums that i created my user script for trying to fix these missing features.

Still working just fine to let you know and thank you once again
2018-12-5
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

I cannot  go to the last post on the 2nd page on. Also i lose the yellow highlight on the 2nd or 3rd page. Did you change anything or did i just forget what you script will do?
2018-12-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2018-12-26
Use props
rolling56
First Officer