Still trying to get my drone to do something other than fly.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TroubleshootINC
lvl.1

United States

The one thing I can say about my Phantom 2 is that it is really easy to fly.

I want to use the gimbal, but it never worked
I want to use fpv but i can't seem to connect my camera to the app
I want to use flight information but i can't seem to connect my drone to the app
I want to use naza-m and use the more advanced controller settings but the software won't recognize my controller (tried on 3 different computers windows 7, 8.1, and 10. None work)
I want to call support but their hours coincide with my work hours

If there is just one thing anyone here can help me with please help me withthe software and naza-m. Everything else I've been able to rig and use 3rd party software to get around even though its not ideal or working perfectly well, but I am totally stuck on the software.
2018-10-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Let's start from the beginning.  What is the complete name of your Phantom?  Please be specific.  

2018-10-17
Use props
TroubleshootINC
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 2 h3-3d is my drone
2018-10-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Unfortunately, that's one I don't own and I don't know a lot of details about it other than it uses 2.4 ghz for control.  I don't own a GoPro either.  But ironically, this Phantom is the one that got me interested in DJI Phantoms in the first place due to this amazing video shot back in the summer of 2014.

I have family in Seattle and I've been up in the Space Needle several times.  When I saw that video, I knew I needed to buy a DJI Phantom.  

I think a lot of people snub their noses at the P2 series Phantoms because the tech is so outdated, but they are still viable aircrafts IMO, they are still fun to fly and fiddle with, and they do have certain advantages that the advanced Phantoms don't have.  

You should be able to get the gimbal to work by studying the respective manual on the DJI site.  

Your camera is a GoPro, correct?  That means the camera app is almost certainly from GoPro.  So you need to go to the gopro site to download that app and see how to connect it to your mobile device.  There may be helpful info on the DJI site regarding this.  And the gopro site may have their own forum to help you.

I don't believe telemetry is available for this Phantom because the downlink would be from the GoPro camera, right?  I don't believe the GoPro provides that kind of data - I believe it uses that channel for audio.  But I'm not a GoPro guy.

If you want to switch your AC from Phantom mode to Naza mode, connecting your controller won't do anything.   You need to connect the Phantom to your laptop/PC.  The micro usb plug is right in front of the AC behind the rubber cover.  Connect it.  Then launch the software.  The icon to switch to Naza mode should be in the upper right corner of the first page.  Just click on it where it says Phantom.

Read the various manuals and watch the helpful videos.  There's no question you can get it to work, you'll just have to figure it out.  I'm sure it's not that difficult if you're willing to spend a little time.  

https://www.dji.com/phantom-2?site=brandsite&from=landing_page

I'm sure you'll find tons of helpful info on youtube too.  

That should keep you busy for a while.  

Good luck.  

2018-10-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-10-20 05:47
Unfortunately, that's one I don't own and I don't know a lot of details about it other than it uses 2.4 ghz for control.  I don't own a GoPro either.  But ironically, this Phantom is the one that got me interested in DJI Phantoms in the first place due to this amazing video shot back in 2014.

Video

Good review. Awesome information.

RedHotPoker
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules