8203 12 2018-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4d376b39
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2041 ft
United States

Hi

I am trying to setup my A3 Pro and getting as mush info as possible.  Having said that, I am running the T motor 80A HV ESC and I am confused on the two different power sources I have to run.  I understand that I have to power the flight controller and will with 12s, but the separate power for the ESC I am a little lost.  How much power do I need for the esc? Also, what is the voltage range for the ESC power.  Much appreciated.  Thank you.

2018-10-18
Use props
fans4d376b39
lvl.2
United States

In this picture is the wiring for the ESC and I circled in blue the wires that need to go the A3 flight controller, but there is just signal and ground.  I  see a power wire coming off the ESC, but I am not sure the voltage there (maybe 5v).  Would I take that red power wire and plug it in the middle of the signal and ground? Thank you. A3Pro.jpg
2018-10-18
Use props
fans4d376b39
lvl.2
United States

Anyone, please help.
2018-10-19
Use props
Slav Webster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5348 ft
Russia

Tmotor ESC connect to the A3 is very simple.
3 thick black ESC wires - must be connected to the motor
2 thick ESC R/B wires - connected to battery
3 thin ESC wires must be connected to M1-M8 A3 terminals. White wire from ESC must be connect to terminal A3 on signal pin on side notch key

everything.
2018-10-20
Use props
fans4d376b39
lvl.2
United States

Thank you so much for your reply. So, does the red thin wire go in the middle of the white and black thin wire? I circled it in purple.
2018-10-20
Use props
Slav Webster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5348 ft
Russia

For A3 of the three-wire tmotor esc wire, only black and white line are important - the signal and gnd.
Red line is not needed  for A3 - its only power +5v,  but A3 has its own power supply (it seems + 9v)

White line - its PWM signal, not PPM.
2018-10-21
Use props
fans4d376b39
lvl.2
United States

Ok, thank you so much. I thought I have read this forum that the A3 needed two different power sources for the actual flight controller and ESC's.
2018-10-21
Use props
fans4d376b39
lvl.2
United States

This is what I read on here that the Flight Controller where the ESC's plug into need power into the FC.  

Two power sources, one for ESC and the other for FC.
- power everything on
- run Assistant 2
- Calibrate all ESC
- props off continue
- everything starts to beep and doesn't stop
- unplug ESC
- Press continue
- plug ESC power back in and they all beep once
- press finish
2018-10-22
Use props
fans4d376b39
lvl.2
United States

I appreciate everything Slav Webster, but just trying to figure out if I need the red wire in between the white and black.  Things I am reading on this forum say the flight controller needs a different power source for where the ESC's plug into.  Maybe a DJI moderator can help, please?
2018-10-22
Use props
fans4d376b39
lvl.2
United States

All went well and I want to thank Slav Webster for helping me.....greatly appreciated.

2018-11-1
Use props
info.onboardcamera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7828 ft

I have the same problem, but the FLAME ESC require 5v, if I get 5v from another pin of the A3 I can arm the motors, but every time I turn it on the craft I have to bind the controller, why?? Is there another solution for this red wire of the esc?
2019-9-6
Use props
djiuser_jA7nJHjC1Kyg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 919820 ft

Spain

i have the same problem I can´t start the motors . I tried exactly what dji says but dont work.
Two power sources, one for ESC and the other for FC.
- power everything on
- run Assistant 2
- Calibrate all ESC
- props off continue
- everything starts to beep and doesn't stop
- unplug ESC
- Press continue
- plug ESC power back in and they all beep once...................this is the step that don´t work for me.
Please
2020-4-17
Use props
CASCARLOS
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

djiuser_jA7nJHjC1Kyg Posted at 4-17 03:26
i have the same problem I can´t start the motors . I tried exactly what dji says but dont work.
Two power sources, one for ESC and the other for FC.
- power everything on

Hi,

How do you  to solve the issue?
2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules