Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MANUAL IS NOT MANUAL! DJI, please fix it asap!
605 6 2018-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbcbcf80d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2443947 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I am shooting in manual mode only. It means that if i want my shot to be underexposed it should be underexposed. My settings were iso 200, f5, shutter 1/100. But when i came home and opened my raws they all were iso200, f5, shutter 1/8!!! Why?? Why it is adjusting the shutter in manual?
Another example. After i set up camera settings for the top down shot and then i simply point my camera to the sun i can see how my liveveiw is adjusting not to overexpose the shot. I open the settings and they stay the same! Then i open the raws and i can see that the shutter is different!
M1 or p4pro manual behaved like it should. But not in m2. Please fix it.
2018-10-18
Use props
Systema
lvl.1

Russia

On my M2 is the same.
2018-10-18
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

really annoying if M mode is in fact auto compensated.
2018-10-18
Use props
ygrabo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 543097 ft
United Kingdom

Not at all the case here. My settings stay if I am in manual. Mode. Can you capture a video of the screen where the settings are open and you move the camera so we see how it changes?

What is a bit annoying is that the video and photo settings are completely different. I can see the point within a session, but sometimes you do your video, quickly want to take a photo, and then continue filming, but you get the settings from the day before which are way over or underexposed for example. different shutter, aperture etc. Survivable though.
2018-10-18
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

I think there's a bug where it switches out of manual into auto without you realising. Not sure what causes it but there's a few weird inconsistencies like that when changing modes, one minute your in raw and then your shooting jpegs. You pretty much have to check all camera settings whenever you make a slight change.
2018-10-18
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

I don't have this problem either. Manual Is really manual. No issues
2018-10-18
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106093 ft
France

I just checked, before and after the firmware upgrade, and Manual is really manual for me. I was able to take under exposed pictures as well as over exposed picture.
And the display on the screen, the histogram and the picture on the SD card all show the exposure that I set.
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules