crash
1144 19 2018-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

Hello everyone ! Its been a min since i last bothered anyone.lol But sadly my job has been keeping me super busy and vallenteering for the Preston Castle Haunted house thing has kept my weekends busy as well. But we did rank #8 in california of top 10 places to visit for Holloween Haunts. SWEET !
So now the bad news.. I crashed my Bird .. Not real bad but did manage to break a couple props... And that was the only physical damage i could see BUT i flew it again right after the blunder and now it hesitates REAL bad when yawing left or right but mostly left.. Di i mess up something inside or what ? Any ideas ?? Anyone oh and i did the update as well but it seem to fly fine just afterwards other then needing to reboot it twice ... So i crashed and now it dosent want to yaw right and it wonders real bad .. Thanks and hope to hear from someone ...
2018-10-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Maybe calibrate the imu and see if that helps.   Everybody has a crash sooner or later.
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear regarding what happens, Regarding your concern, I would suggest do an overall calibration like calibrating the IMU, Compass, and gimbal as well just to check if it's working properly. I would suggest as well check the propeller.
2018-10-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-18 07:47
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear regarding what happens, Regarding your concern, I would suggest do an overall calibration like calibrating the IMU, Compass, and gimbal as well just to check if it's working properly. I would suggest as well check the propeller.

Aloha HarleyGuy,

Congratulations on the haunts!  Sorry to hear about the crash though.  DJI Stephen and BAMA are giving you good direction.  You might want to hold off on the Compass calibration though.  If all else fails, then try the compass calibration.

Along with the calibrations, you might want to try resetting all the YAW settings.  If the calibrations only show slight improvement, it would be worth a try.  You might also want to consider doing the reset and then do the calibrations and then put your preferred settings back.  BTW, there are a ton of YAW settings.  I can never seem to find them all and always discover another one when looking for something else.  LOL!  But they are all helpful.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-19
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-18 07:47

Thank you.. You techs have this great ability of stating the obvious , i say this because if the propellers broke as i mentioned then yes i would have checked and replaced before i flew it again.. But in hindsight there are peeps that would not check..lol ! I will do a complete calibration this weekend . Thank you for the info.. My first crash.. at least it was fairly close and not off some miles away ... Drone operators are like Harley riders .. If you have not crashed you've not ridden or flown  enough..lol !
2018-10-19
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-10-19 01:33
Aloha HarleyGuy,

Congratulations on the haunts!  Sorry to hear about the crash though.  DJI Stephen and BAMA are giving you good direction.  You might want to hold off on the Compass calibration though.  If all else fails, then try the compass calibration.

Thank you as well Cetacean , That is a great bunch of info.. Have a awesome day !
2018-10-19
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4

Well my bird just seems different..... It seems like now I’m losing signal way to much... I’m flying in the exact same place as the other 20 times but today after the IMU and compass and gimbal calibration,oh and all three went well ... without one hitch... anyway as I’m flying around in the 200 foot mark I keep getting no signal or loss signal and I’m literally 200 up and 150 out and I can clearly see my bird ... no trees no power lines no satellite dishes ( old style 100 foot diameter) nothing visualy obstructing my LOS..... So I’m a bit worried now... There’s absolutely not physical damage to my bird that I can see other then it broke 2 propellers when it flipped over... He’ll it didn’t even scratch the decal on it... So any other ideas.... anyone???? It is how ever yawing properly now ... well seems like it anyway.. I did not realize that after that last update it somehow changed or deleted my original settings. So exp was way off ... So I’m off to the castle for the nights haunting so if I don’t reply that’s why and I’ll get back to the forum tomorrow morning.... Thanks in advance to any and all that chime in with help or what ever... lol. Have a awesome weekend... Ttul...
2018-10-19
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

The crash may have caused damage to the antenna cable that goes down to the leg of the drone if this is the case and if you have the know how also if out of warranty you could try opening it up to see if these cables are connected securely.
If you are not inclined to open it up then you may need to send off to get it repaired.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cetacean Posted at 2018-10-19 01:33
Aloha HarleyGuy,

Congratulations on the haunts!  Sorry to hear about the crash though.  DJI Stephen and BAMA are giving you good direction.  You might want to hold off on the Compass calibration though.  If all else fails, then try the compass calibration.

Thank you for bumping up the reply and adding some additional information, Cheers!
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-10-19 02:40
Thank you.. You techs have this great ability of stating the obvious , i say this because if the propellers broke as i mentioned then yes i would have checked and replaced before i flew it again.. But in hindsight there are peeps that would not check..lol ! I will do a complete calibration this weekend . Thank you for the info.. My first crash.. at least it was fairly close and not off some miles away ... Drone operators are like Harley riders .. If you have not crashed you've not ridden or flown  enough..lol !

Alright! that's great! hoping it working fine, keep us posted. Fly safely cheers!
2018-10-21
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-10-19 14:16
The crash may have caused damage to the antenna cable that goes down to the leg of the drone if this is the case and if you have the know how also if out of warranty you could try opening it up to see if these cables are connected securely.
If you are not inclined to open it up then you may need to send off to get it repaired.

It is under warranty... well maybe not warranty but I did buy the care insurance.. and I am capable of checking wether or not if the antenna got damaged or disconnected. Great idea.. it’s 12:50 on Sunday on my side of the train tracks and I’ve just got my batteries charged and getting ready for a fly by.... I’m going to fly in some different places today and under different conditions to check on wether it’s operator error or my bird. If the no signal thing continues I’ll pull off landing arms / gear and check things out . I will post again my flight experience today. Thank you DJI techs and Mr.Hellsgate.. ttul....
2018-10-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-10-21 11:55
It is under warranty... well maybe not warranty but I did buy the care insurance.. and I am capable of checking wether or not if the antenna got damaged or disconnected. Great idea.. it’s 12:50 on Sunday on my side of the train tracks and I’ve just got my batteries charged and getting ready for a fly by.... I’m going to fly in some different places today and under different conditions to check on wether it’s operator error or my bird. If the no signal thing continues I’ll pull off landing arms / gear and check things out . I will post again my flight experience today. Thank you DJI techs and Mr.Hellsgate.. ttul....

Aloha HarleyGuy,

Do be aware that opening up Phantom Units can void Care and Warranty.  Which P4 does this problem involve?  

There are also transmission settings that can be a problem for you in your specific circumstances.  It would be very easy for you to ask us if your next action is a good idea rather than accidentally voiding your contract with DJI by opening your bird unnecessarily.  We are here to help just like the DJI techs.

Maybe you should look into the transmission settings since the other problems have been resolved.  I can understand your interest in opening up your bird but that is best put off until you have no contract or warranty.  

Changing the skin on my P3 Pro was one of the best Phantom experiences I have had so far.  And my P3 Pro is still my favorite bird!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-21 07:15
Thank you for bumping up the reply and adding some additional information, Cheers!

Aloha Stephen ,

Good to see you on it!  I may need to take some aspirin for my headache after all that bumping!  LOL!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-22
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
United States

I was thinking about the warranty thing right after i said what i said.. so I'm NOT going to mess with it... If it keeps losing signal i will just send it in... But i must say it sure is acting weird..  I'm losing camera pic randomly and it will not fly straight .. well its never really flown straight but its real bad now. And when i try to land .. lets say landing and trying to hit a certain spot it wanders all over the place . I thought it was me but i do really think that the last update has or is causing issues.... I've been landing on the same landing pad/table since i started flying DJI drones at least while im home and its now very difficult to land on the pad... I'd like to say i'm a little upset at DJI for this update and not giving us the choice to go back to the last firmware .. But as always i'm sure there's nothing i can do so i'm not even going to get upset... Eventually i'll get tired of not being able to fly in my warehouse that in a NFZ and these updates that we are forced to do that may fix one thing but cause other things and just stop buying DJI drones and or supplies and find me another company to spend my thousands of dollars with....Just my thought !
2018-10-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-10-22 10:43
I was thinking about the warranty thing right after i said what i said.. so I'm NOT going to mess with it... If it keeps losing signal i will just send it in... But i must say it sure is acting weird..  I'm losing camera pic randomly and it will not fly straight .. well its never really flown straight but its real bad now. And when i try to land .. lets say landing and trying to hit a certain spot it wanders all over the place . I thought it was me but i do really think that the last update has or is causing issues.... I've been landing on the same landing pad/table since i started flying DJI drones at least while im home and its now very difficult to land on the pad... I'd like to say i'm a little upset at DJI for this update and not giving us the choice to go back to the last firmware .. But as always i'm sure there's nothing i can do so i'm not even going to get upset... Eventually i'll get tired of not being able to fly in my warehouse that in a NFZ and these updates that we are forced to do that may fix one thing but cause other things and just stop buying DJI drones and or supplies and find me another company to spend my thousands of dollars with....Just my thought !

That's rather unexpected conclusion, I must say. You've crashed your Phantom (how unfortunate, no doubt), after which you're observing some abnormalities. And you're blaming DJI for this? Please correct me, if I'm wrong.
2018-10-22
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-10-22 11:13
That's rather unexpected conclusion, I must say. You've crashed your Phantom (how unfortunate, no doubt), after which you're observing some abnormalities. And you're blaming DJI for this? Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

No your absolutely right and i will have to say I'm sorry DJI for my finger pointing... But some of the things i mentioned in my rant were going on 2 days before my small crash .. and as i have other electronic equipment and hobbies not a single one of them is 100% running or flying everytime.. But the camera just losing it pic mid flight has never happened before .. yes it would kind of freeze for a split second then come back ... got used to that but after the download or update was my bird just not running like it used to... But the camera loss of pic was before my crash and now after my crash its really acting up. I was a bit upset as i was writing and i'm sorry i should not have jumped on the band wagon... Thank you for calling me on my ignorance...  
2018-10-23
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
United States

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-10-23 03:28
No your absolutely right and i will have to say I'm sorry DJI for my finger pointing... But some of the things i mentioned in my rant were going on 2 days before my small crash .. and as i have other electronic equipment and hobbies not a single one of them is 100% running or flying everytime.. But the camera just losing it pic mid flight has never happened before .. yes it would kind of freeze for a split second then come back ... got used to that but after the download or update was my bird just not running like it used to... But the camera loss of pic was before my crash and now after my crash its really acting up. I was a bit upset as i was writing and i'm sorry i should not have jumped on the band wagon... Thank you for calling me on my ignorance...

What i mean by other electronic things is none work 100% all the time.. So i do not expect DJI drones nor anyone's drones to work flawlessly . There's just way too many outside things that cause interference . That is what i was trying to say .
2018-10-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-10-23 03:31
What i mean by other electronic things is none work 100% all the time.. So i do not expect DJI drones nor anyone's drones to work flawlessly . There's just way too many outside things that cause interference . That is what i was trying to say .

Oh, I see. I understand reasons of your frustration, no need for apologies though. It's important to realize that machines of such kind and complexity are extremely vulnerable. Accidental damages aside, these machines are prone to malfunction occasionally. Single loose wire connector may cause a plethora of issues. Yet I firmly believe that DJI drones are the most reliable and advanced in this industry.
2018-10-23
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-10-23 12:32
Oh, I see. I understand reasons of your frustration, no need for apologies though. It's important to realize that machines of such kind and complexity are extremely vulnerable. Accidental damages aside, these machines are prone to malfunction occasionally. Single loose wire connector may cause a plethora of issues. Yet I firmly believe that DJI drones are the most reliable and advanced in this industry.

I will agree with that statement ... But when they start having issues they really have them.. But like you and i have both said or implied , ya just cant have any electronics with this kind of smarts lets just say without some kind of hiccups once in a while... I have bought brand new Laptops and PC's and right out of the box there's been little issues.... But anyway thanks for your feed back . TTul !
2018-10-30
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.2

Canada

I blame Donald Trump cause he's ORANGE !
lol
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules