Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 driver problem
9652 23 2018-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grumson
lvl.1
Slovenia

Hi!
I buy new Mavic 2 Zoom, I instal DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic update firmware on drone and controller. I make some test flying and all was ok.
But then I come home to see the moves., and my windows 10 dont recognize my drone. It's connecting and disconectong all the time.
What I do wrong?
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Just to clarify, may I know if you are having a problem recognizing your drone via DJI Assistant 2? Have you tried using different cable or can you please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2? If you have further question, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
2018-10-18
Use props
grumson
lvl.1
Slovenia

Yes a have a problem recognizing my drone via DJI Assistant 2. And also I  can't  access storige in dron and sd card..
Reinstaling Dji Assist 2 and changing  cable don't fix the problem.
2018-10-19
Use props
grumson
lvl.1
Slovenia

Yes a have a problem recognizing my drone via DJI Assistant 2. And also I  can't  access storige in dron and sd card..
Reinstaling Dji Assist 2 and changing  cable don't fix the problem.When I put cable in Pc it make sound like somthing is connected but after some seconds it make sound like somthing is disconnected and repeating this all the time.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

grumson Posted at 2018-10-19 05:34
Reinstaling Dji Assist 2 and changing  cable don't fix the problem.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly install this driver to your PC : (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jKLmmRYhQaX3pYOXJRWkpzSFE/view). Just download the file - Open it - Choose "run"- Select your language - Power on device and connect it to pc via usb - Click Next- Click Next again- Install. Please let me know if your RC still can't connect to your PC. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

grumson Posted at 2018-10-19 05:40
Reinstaling Dji Assist 2 and changing  cable don't fix the problem.When I put cable in Pc it make sound like somthing is connected but after some seconds it make sound like somthing is disconnected and repeating this all the time.

Hi, please follow post #5 and let me know if the problem persists, thanks for your support.
2018-10-19
Use props
grumson
lvl.1
Slovenia

Thank you for helping me. At the moment I dont have time to do this. I will do this in Sunday.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

grumson Posted at 2018-10-19 06:33
Thank you for helping me. At the moment I dont have time to do this. I will do this in Sunday.

You're welcome. Please keep me posted, thanks!
2018-10-19
Use props
bbloomquist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft

Had the same issue and figured it was a bad cable as when I used a shorter cable from my bike camera the drone connected fine. DJI promptly sent a new cable and the new cable did the exact same thing, turns out it was the USB port extensions on the front of my computer when plugging directly into the ports that come off the mother board the drone now connects every time. Thanks to DJI support for helping with the issue
2018-10-19
Use props
grumson
lvl.1
Slovenia

I fix the problem.
I instal drivers that DJI Paladin give me and now it works.
Thanks Paladin and bbloomquist for helping me.
2018-10-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

As long as this is a Driver thread, maybe someone could help with the result shown in the attached image.  By the way I have Win7 - does the link which mentioned Win10 also work for Win7?

2018-10-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Just a quickie since it would not let me edit.  As an aside, how does one tell that a post was successful.  I don't see evidence that my post worked.  That has led occasionally to a duplicate post.  Thanks.
2018-10-20
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 2018-10-20 10:40
Just a quickie since it would not let me edit.  As an aside, how does one tell that a post was successful.  I don't see evidence that my post worked.  That has led occasionally to a duplicate post.  Thanks.

Dude, just refresh the page before you post again.
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

grumson Posted at 2018-10-20 08:34
I fix the problem.
I instal drivers that DJI Paladin give me and now it works.
Thanks Paladin and bbloomquist for helping me.

You're welcome. Please let us know if you have other concern, we're here to help. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ff22 Posted at 2018-10-20 10:36
As long as this is a Driver thread, maybe someone could help with the result shown in the attached image.  By the way I have Win7 - does the link which mentioned Win10 also work for Win7?

Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. Please change the cable and see if that can help. The link that was mentioned in post#5 is for Windows 10 only. May I know what specific Mavic series you are referring to? Please follow the instructions below.
Here will show you how to reinstall the drivers using Device Manager on PC:
1. Power on the aircraft and connect it to PC via USB cable;
2. Select the Start button on PC , type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results;
3. Expand one of the categories to find the name of Unknown device, then right-click it, and select Update Driver;

4. Select Browse my computer for driver software and click Browse and go to where the drivers located (Sample: C:\Program Files\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Drivers);

5. Click Next and then the drivers will be installed.
After installing the drivers, re-plug the USB cable and launch DJI Assistant 2, then the Unknown Device should be gone from the Device Manager and DJI Assistant 2 should recognize the aircraft.

If the issue still persists, please advice customer to disable the digital driver signature on PC.Kindly use this link: (https://in.c.mi.com/thread-28161-1-0.html). Please let us know if the issue persists. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ff22 Posted at 2018-10-20 10:40
Just a quickie since it would not let me edit.  As an aside, how does one tell that a post was successful.  I don't see evidence that my post worked.  That has led occasionally to a duplicate post.  Thanks.

Please follow post #13 and let me know if you still have the same issue.
2018-10-23
Use props
William516
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163071 ft
United States

I can confirm that even after trying all this it never works.  I can get the aircraft Mavic 2 Zoom to connect and was able to update the firmware on the aircraft.  I can not get the mavic 2 zoom controller to connect.  I have tried everything.  I have tried different cables different usb ports and nothing.  I have installed the DJI assistant 2 and upgraded.  I have used the installer and done it with admin rights.  I have tried the drivers listed in the post #5 and still nothing.

When i connect the controller i get a short tone that then goes to another tone indicating that the usb was found and then it drops.  I eventually get an error that says the USB driver is not recognized or has malfunctioned.  I can not get anything to work.  This is about the only way i can update the controller.  I don't feel safe flying without the controller updated and my tablet does not do support 4g or cell, it is simply wifi.  

This seems to be an issue with DJI and windows drivers and device signatures.  Can you please advise on what to do or if DJI is going to do anything about this.  

Thanks
2018-12-16
Use props
William516
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163071 ft
United States

I finally got this to work by going through and manually dropping my usb drivers and installing them and then making sure i used the SHORT usbc cord with the supplied micro usb converter.  This seems to work but now my controller is showing up as MAVIC PRO Orange.  I own a MAVIC 2 ZOOM.

Why is my controller showing different then what it should be, or did DJI simply re-use the controller from the MAVIC PRO?

Again confused and concerned that i have been cheated or that something could happen while flying.  Things here don't add up.
2018-12-16
Use props
Michael A.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1226070 ft
Russia

William516 Posted at 2018-12-16 19:43
I finally got this to work by going through and manually dropping my usb drivers and installing them and then making sure i used the SHORT usbc cord with the supplied micro usb converter.  This seems to work but now my controller is showing up as MAVIC PRO Orange.  I own a MAVIC 2 ZOOM.

Why is my controller showing different then what it should be, or did DJI simply re-use the controller from the MAVIC PRO?

If your Mavic2 is defined as MAVIC PRO Orange, then you are using the old version DJI assistant 2. To work with Mavic2 you must download the new version DJI assistant 2 from the DJI website
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-3-11
Use props
djiuser_NFOYfWd
New
Flight distance : 44216 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-19 06:24
Hi, please follow post #5 and let me know if the problem persists, thanks for your support.

Hi, this is my first post.

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and Lenovo Ideapad 520 laptop that has Windows 10 and USB 3 ports.

After downloading the driver from this link 2 weeks ago my drone connected OK on a few occasions initially but was still a bit flaky at times (only connected 50% of the time).
Now it will not connect at all and has reverted to continually connecting briefly then disconnecting.

I installed the latest firmware this morning but I don't believe this is the source of the problem.

Any suggestions? Is there anything I should check in 'Devices'?
2019-4-19
Use props
djiuser_jox8MRd1xO8j
New

United Kingdom

i was getting the same problem when i inserted my cable which came with the mavic 2 zoom into the usb port on my windows 10 laptop it either would not connect or it would connect and then disconnect.
i overcame this by inserting the usb half way into the usb port and it connected straight away everytime. hope this helps for you guys too,,
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_jox8MRd1xO8j
New

United Kingdom

i was getting the same problem when i inserted my cable which came with the mavic 2 zoom into the usb port on my windows 10 laptop it either would not connect or it would connect and then disconnect.
i overcame this by inserting the usb half way into the usb port and it connected straight away everytime. hope this helps for you guys too,,
2020-5-28
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

i had this problem and did solve it. But dont remenber how. I think i had followed some switch on order ...
2020-5-28
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26785 ft
United States

Francis Posted at 2020-5-28 17:11
i had this problem and did solve it. But dont remenber how. I think i had followed some switch on order ...

Hello DJI Paladin,
Can you share your driver from you link. Tried to download it but did not went through. I have the same issue. Connecting to USB will make a sound for detection and 1 second later it will make a sound again for disconnection. I think your Windows 10 driver will work for me as I'm using the same OS. Thank you in advance.
2023-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules