Lessons from DJI support team
2084 1 2018-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Williamyao
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44131 ft
China

Hi there, I had my Mavic Pro 2 crashed last month, and I posted a thread about what happened before. If you didn't read it, here is the link of it, https://forum.dji.com/thread-166604-1-1.html

After sending my drone back to DJI, I have negotiated with DJI support team couple of times. Now I feel exhausted to deal with this and I would love to share you my experience you guys to avoid what happened on my drone.

The first email I reveived was the data analysis and the damage estimate. See below. 1.png
It came with a bill over 1000 AUD to repair my drone. Then I replied them.
2.png
I attached a screenshot of flight log you could find in the link above with my email. And here is the reply from them.
3.png

Here is the official data graph which is important, and I find something interesting on it.
1.png

4.png
Here is the photos of my propeller.
IMG_0680.jpg IMG_0686.jpg IMG_0690.jpg
Here is the last email I got from DJI support team and I haven't replied yet.
5.png
I have tried to post the context of the email, but the system of forum just keeps rejecting my post and says inappropriate context. Maybe some words form my email are banned lol. Sorry for the inconvenience from reading on screenshots.
Now I am tired to chat with these people. When you told them something doubtful, they just gave you some explain irratilonal and ignored the key part. The lesson from DJI engineer just blew my mind. A contact from bottom can cause a horizontal accerleration only and one tiny horizontal accerleration is strong enough to tilt the latest high technology drone off the sky. Here is some tips for you guys, do not trust any crush test on youtube such as attack the drone with water and push the drone with fingers. From the official data analysis, it would not survive from a half sandwich.

2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi William, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. I have a quick look at your email history, our support has made this clear and there are some points need to be clarified:
1. In Sports mode, the drone will not avoid obstacles, you may find this in the user manual. Sports mode.png
2. Just as the 4th screenshot mentioned in your post, the acceleration changed abruptly means that the aircraft crashed something.
The data analysis is based on the flight data in the aircraft, we're sorry that this is not a warranty case according to the data analysis. Hope for your understanding.
Your case has been forwarded to the designated team for further follow-up, they will review and contact you during the working time, thanks!

2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules