Question Linking Phone to RC
578 7 2018-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AcesFull
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54265 ft

Iphone 6. I turn on RC, then power on Spark. When I get the green light, I open GO4 and it asks me to 1) Enter Device 2) Connect to the Aircraft 3) Choose Connection Method - Aircraft Combo 4) Scan the RC QR Code. Then I'm connected.

Question 1: I've been doing this every time I fly. Is there an easier way? I must have missed something in the manual if it's addressed.

Question 2: I took Spark to my friend's house about 10 miles away, power up RC, power up Spark, open GO4, tap Enter Device, and boom! I'm connected. I didn't have to go thru the above mentioned steps. I powered everthing down and restarted a couple times to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

Cool. Then I get back home. Power up and CRUD. I have to go thru the annoying sequence of taps above.

What's up with that?

Thanks.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. Regarding your concern, if you are using the same mobile device, you don't need to re-link it unless the application ask you to do it. You may also do the manual re-link. For reference, kindly watch the attached video tutorial below. Should you have further question. please keep us posted. Thank you.

2018-10-19
Use props
fansdadcc3de
New

This is the same issue I am having.  I can not conmect at all. If I scan the QR code it says can not connect to sSid RC-XXX. I never see the SSId show up in settings. My RC is linked to the Spark and everything is green.
2018-10-19
Use props
fansdadcc3de
New

2018-10-19
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Make sure to put your phone to aircraft mode, only turn on WiFi (since you are not using an OTG cable). Only then turn on R/C and Spark. That way, you'll get the Go Fly button right away.
The problem may be network routing problems with your provider, so the app cannot talk to your R/C.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-20
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

fansdadcc3de Posted at 2018-10-19 17:42
This is the same issue I am having.  I can not conmect at all. If I scan the QR code it says can not connect to sSid RC-XXX. I never see the SSId show up in settings. My RC is linked to the Spark and everything is green.

Hi,

Maybe your R/C is transmitting the Wifi on 5 GHz, and your phone cannot see or does not scan these bands. Try a different phone, or switch to 2.4 GHz band.
BTW: impressive list of Wifi networks you have! I'd avoid to fly in a congested area like that.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-20
Use props
djiuser_DM7YZmMkRAd4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
Poland

Why not to try OTG ?
2018-10-20
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Get an OTG cable. Works better and is LOTS less fuss.
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules