Communication Problems
993 8 2018-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scanman50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18563 ft

I keep getting this error message when im out in the middle of no where and have flown here multiple times without any messages.

Strong Interference Detected. Be careful when flying long diStance.

I also encountered while turning in a slow circle in while hovering the drone would stop like hanging up and then start back turning again.

Any idea what i need to look at.

2018-10-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just a standard message that other wifi is close to you.
2018-10-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The aircraft, like thousands of other devices, uses an un-regulated radio band that it has to share with millions of other un-regulated radio emitting devices. Not just WiFi, but garage door openers, baby monitors and just about anything you can imagine. Even though you might have been in the 'middle of no-where' you can still be in range of these things. Put your phone in airplane mode, it might help a bit.

The 'hanging up' will be because as the aircraft rotates, the position of its receiving antenna is changing. If it drops out for an instant, it is not receiving the rotate command, so it stops for a moment while waiting for the signal to return.
2018-10-19
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Hi Geebax,
you mean it´s a build in procedure of a DJI copter to receive a signal from the RC again and if it fails then RTH,but if it ´s able to regain then it waits for stick input. I hope i interpret you right.
2018-10-20
Use props
Scanman50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18563 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 10-19 16:38
The aircraft, like thousands of other devices, uses an un-regulated radio band that it has to share with millions of other un-regulated radio emitting devices. Not just WiFi, but garage door openers, baby monitors and just about anything you can imagine. Even though you might have been in the 'middle of no-where' you can still be in range of these things. Put your phone in airplane mode, it might help a bit.

The 'hanging up' will be because as the aircraft rotates, the position of its receiving antenna is changing. If it drops out for an instant, it is not receiving the rotate command, so it stops for a moment while waiting for the signal to return.

Thank you for the info on putting the phone in airplane mode. It helps. I am still a little spooked at being a newbie plus I really don't want to crash it like I read on these forums.

Thanks again

Jerry
2018-11-7
Use props
scruffs dad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1071604 ft
United Kingdom

Scanman50 Posted at 11-7 14:54
Thank you for the info on putting the phone in airplane mode. It helps. I am still a little spooked at being a newbie plus I really don't want to crash it like I read on these forums.

Thanks again

if you have an apple watch make sure you put that in airplane mode as well.
2018-11-16
Use props
Dumbthumbs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7972 ft
United States

scruffs dad Posted at 11-16 12:02
if you have an apple watch make sure you put that in airplane mode as well.

Good catch! I had some interference alerts, too.
I wear a Fitbit watch, but its Bluetoothed to my tablet. Just the same. its a source of EMI. I can set the tablet from all-day sync to sync-on-command, but I don't think it keeps the watch from radiating. May just try leaving it on the dresser when I fly.
2018-11-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

Peterx Posted at 10-20 00:58
Hi Geebax,
you mean it´s a build in procedure of a DJI copter to receive a signal from the RC again and if it fails then RTH,but if it ´s able to regain then it waits for stick input. I hope i interpret you right.

RTH has a small delay before it kicks in on loss of signal. All P3's should on loss of signal - stop ... loiter for a short bit and if still no signal - RTH kicks in.

If signal returns in that short interval - it will resume and RTH will not action.

If signal returns after RTH has actioned - RTH will continue - it will need you to cancel the RTH and take over full control again.

Nigel
2018-11-17
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Thanks for that info,i did´nt an emergency RTH of that sort yet.
2018-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules