Landing Gear Anomaly
879 6 2018-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1175272 ft
United States

I'm experiencing an odd anomaly/malfunction. When flying the I2 in sport mode at full power/speed I'm getting indicators that the landing gear is lowering then a split second later an indicator that the landing gear is raising. Time between is less than 1/2 second. This occurs when I reach top speed(between 52 and 60 MPH depending on the wind conditions) I am not sure whether the landing gear in that .5 second interval is actually moving or not. It could just be a false notification in the go app. Has any else experienced this?

2018-10-19
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If your i2 is on the .200 firmware, this is yet another bug that is addressed in the upcoming .300 soon to be released...lol
2018-10-19
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

The warning is an error, and the landing gear are not moving. As Epic stated, this was a bug in .200 firmware,. There is currently a beta .300 floating around that appears to have fixed this.
2018-10-20
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1175272 ft
United States

Thank you both for your replies. I am very appreciative. Knowing that its just an indicator error and that the rotors are remaining in flight mode gives me great comfort. I can imagine how disastrous it would be if the landing gear lowered while the I2 is zipping through the air at 55MPH shifting the center of gravity.
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. How many times did this issue occur? May I know if this issue occurs while not on the sports mode? Have you tried to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2? I would recommend to re-calibrate the IMU to see if this issue would persist. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-10-21
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

I'm having a similar problem except that my landing gear ACTUALLY DO LOWER. Tomorrow I'm going to see if turning off the auto-lowering puts an end to it.  Of course, I'll then have the mind-numbing chore of manually retracting and lowering the landing gear!
2018-10-21
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine was doing that with the 200 and it finally locked up in. the raised position and I had to Put it down with the gear up. I had to cycle the gear down manually and the I went back to the 100 and all is fine with the gear.
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules