798 11 2018-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans54aaea03
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189498 ft
Spain

Hi everybody
I have just bought a P3SE to learn and practice with before I upgrade to a Mavic 2.
My question is this:-
If I set my return to Home at 100 metres, will it fly back to Home point at 100 metres height above the ground or at an altitude of 100 metres above the altitude of the point that it took off from?
Thanks in advance.
2018-10-20
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

From where you took off.
2018-10-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You should spend some time reading your manual.  
2018-10-20
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

One of the things I stress to the folks I've taught to fly is that the displayed altitude is from the take off point. If you are at 100 feet, fly toward a hill that is 50 feet higher than you and there's a 60 foot tall tree, the tree will eat your drone.
2018-10-20
Use props
Charbarn7
lvl.2
Spain

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-10-20 07:11
You should spend some time reading your manual.

I have, but my manual does not tell me whether it is height or altitude. That is why I asked the question !!!
2018-10-20
Use props
Charbarn7
lvl.2
Spain

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-10-20 07:19
One of the things I stress to the folks I've taught to fly is that the displayed altitude is from the take off point. If you are at 100 feet, fly toward a hill that is 50 feet higher than you and there's a 60 foot tall tree, the tree will eat your drone.

Hi Father Christmas. Thanks for the info. Now I know the answer to the question, cheers!
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. If you set your home point at 100 meters, your Aircraft will return to home altitude from the last recorded home point. For more information, please see the attached image below. If there is any help needed, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to help. Thank you.

2018-10-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Charbarn7 Posted at 2018-10-20 12:21
I have, but my manual does not tell me whether it is height or altitude. That is why I asked the question !!!

If you carefully study the graphic on page 14, it should be clear, although I don't blame you for wanting to ask questions to confirm.  It is a bit complicated.  And you don't want to make a mistake.  Sorry.

Height and altitude almost always mean the same thing in these manuals.  The lone exception is when it talks about max service ceiling above sea level.  

As stated in post #2, the Phantom only understands the height from the homepoint.  It doesn't know about hills and valleys.  It is blind to them.

In RTH, the Phantom will first turn towards home and then begin to ascend to the minimum RTH height.  BUT... if it senses you have moved a stick on the controller while it's ascending, it will stop ascending and come straight home at that height, provided that height is at least 20 meters.  There are people who have crashed into hills during RTH because they weren't aware of this.  They complain that their RTH height was high enough, but they weren't aware that they had cancelled the RTH ascent.  So be careful of this.  

The Phantom won't descend to the min RTH height.  

When it's over home point, it will descend.  Again - be wary of your sticks.  If you are absent mindedly moving the sticks, the Phantom will respond to the stick movement and could move away from home point as it's descending.  

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.0.pdf

Good luck
2018-10-20
Use props
Charbarn7
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-20 13:50
Hi there, thanks for the inquiry. If you set your home point at 100 meters, your Aircraft will return to home altitude from the last recorded home point. For more information, please see the attached image below. If there is any help needed, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to help. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for that explanation Natalia.
2018-10-20
Use props
Charbarn7
lvl.2
Spain

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-10-20 15:01
If you carefully study the graphic on page 14, it should be clear, although I don't blame you for wanting to ask questions to confirm.  It is a bit complicated.  And you don't want to make a mistake.  Sorry.

Height and altitude almost always mean the same thing in these manuals.  The lone exception is when it talks about max service ceiling above sea level.  

That,s great. Thanks Mark.
2018-10-20
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

If you set the AC RTH altitude on 100 meters then the AC will climb to 100 meters from the place level of take off place and start the RTH and will land on the home point.
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Charbarn7 Posted at 2018-10-20 23:57
Thanks for that explanation Natalia.

You're most welcome, Charbarn7. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules