Horizon tilting on new firmware
635 6 2018-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2217402 ft
United Kingdom

Ive just come back from flying and when im yawing left or right my gimble is tilting and horizons is badly tilting.
I have seen quite a lot of posts in other forum's about this problem on horizon massively tilting.
Im wondering if dji knows about this?
I have already tried calibrating the ium and gimble none of that works.
Ive just finished refreshing the new Mavic Pro 1 firmware and going back out to test to see if thats fixes it,if not then the next thing is too go down versions till its gone. When i first had my Mavic flying i know it never did this. So it must be to do with the new firmware.
Gavin UK.
2018-10-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

The gimbal is set to 'follow' and not 'FPV' in gimbal setting in DJI Go 4 ?
2018-10-20
Use props
djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2217402 ft
United Kingdom

No I've checked that I've just being flying it again it's definitely the 500 latest version firmware that's causing the tilting problems when I get home I'm going to go back a version and try that tomorrow. When flying it's a bad tilt and you can see the gimble trying to sort itself out,and over in the Mavic pilots furum it's getting quite a lot of people having the same problem. Autell got slammed for there horizon tilting problems. And software fix was released.
2018-10-20
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Remember calibrating on a completely flat and level surface - both IMU and gimbal, and in that order.
2018-10-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely recalibrate      
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm Posted at 2018-10-20 09:05
No I've checked that I've just being flying it again it's definitely the 500 latest version firmware that's causing the tilting problems when I get home I'm going to go back a version and try that tomorrow. When flying it's a bad tilt and you can see the gimble trying to sort itself out,and over in the Mavic pilots furum it's getting quite a lot of people having the same problem. Autell got slammed for there horizon tilting problems. And software fix was released.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Please keep us posted about the issue after you downgrade the firmware. Please make sure to re-calibrate the gimbal and IMU so we can check. Thank you.
2018-10-20
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm Posted at 2018-10-20 09:05

Did downgrading fix the horizon issue?? I've just bought a MPPlatinum and the tilt is awful when strafing left / right. Phantom doesn't do it!
If it did, what fw version did you downgrade to??
Cheers.
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules