Ronin-S Start Stop Recording on Nikon DSLR
3351 9 2018-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HybridPhotog
lvl.1
Philippines

I have a Nikon D7200 and looking for instructions how to setup start/stop recording with the Ronin-S.

Thanks in advance to those who will share info or give inputs.

ronin-s-record.png
2018-10-20
Use props
Peter von Frosta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39659 ft
Germany

Not possible, yet.
In future updates there might be the possibility to Control the shutter via the IR-Cable.
See the latest compability List
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi HybridPhotog, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Currently, Nikon's D850 and D5 are compatible to the Ronin-S. Please stand-by for more updates of the possibility of controlling the shutter via the IR-Cable. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you.

Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List

2018-10-21
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-21 01:58
Hi HybridPhotog, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Currently, Nikon's D850 and D5 are compatible to the Ronin-S. Please stand-by for more updates of the possibility of controlling the shutter via the IR-Cable. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you.

Please can you stop saying that the D5 is compatible. It. Is. Not. I have one and I have tried all of DJI’s recommended processes and procedures. It does not work. It goes into PC mode,  you can’t use the camera controls and, eventually, live view will turn off. All of this makes the camera completely unusable with the DJI cables and despite the firmware update that you still claim gives full functionality. The fact that you can fleetingly use the focus wheel...just before live view stops working...does NOT constitute a working piece of compatible kit. You really shouldn’t continue to mislead people in this way.
2019-6-16
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

No they're not compatible. Neither the D5 nor the D850 work properly with the Ronin-S.

Is this why you won't reply to me?  
2019-7-9
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

No they're not compatible. Neither the D5 nor the D850 work properly with the Ronin-S.

2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JP LEE Posted at 7-9 01:40

Hi JP LEE, sorry for the late response. May I have the version of Ronin S firmware and camera firmware? Please make sure that when connected with MCC-B cable, the built-in dials and buttons on the camera will be locked. If the issue remains, please kindly upload a video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!
2019-7-10
Use props
plakplak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2884 ft
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 7-10 18:56
Hi JP LEE, sorry for the late response. May I have the version of Ronin S firmware and camera firmware? Please make sure that when connected with MCC-B cable, the built-in dials and buttons on the camera will be locked. If the issue remains, please kindly upload a video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!

So is the D5 fully compatible after all? Which cable should I get?
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

plakplak Posted at 7-24 21:30
So is the D5 fully compatible after all? Which cable should I get?

Hi plakplak, you may check the compatibility list here and choose the cable accordingly: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20190314/Ronin_S_Camera_Compatibility_List_en_.pdf
X.png
2019-7-25
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Oh not they're not.

I am on a D5 and I can assure you that it is not possible to record at all when connected via the MCC-B cable. Please can you tell me why this is when DJI are stating it's compatible, as you have above?
2020-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules