Frustrated / Update Failure
581 14 2018-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ozoutt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16604 ft

I am really burnt out with not being able to use my drone and the lack of adequate customer service to get this issue resolved.
I follow all the insructions  for updating/upgrading the drivers/software. When I connect everything like I am going to fly, the phone inteface will get to 5% firmware update and I get a failure message.
No matter what I do. re install the software into the phone, re install he update into the aircraft, fully charged batteries. Then, theres the phone support that you cant understand and they are not helpful, do not respond as they say they will
I am ready to go to the BBB and start a busy social media campaigne to explain my issue and displeasure with this company.
Is there anyone out there that shine a light or provide a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance...
2018-10-21
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Can you try to do firmware update with dji assistant 2 for mavic program
2018-10-21
Use props
ozoutt
lvl.1

Thats what I have been using , I downloaded the ASS 2 to all my  comps, plug in directly to the aircraft and let in download. Disconnect from computor and connect the aircraft to the controller and it tells me I cant fly I must update. click update , gets to 5% and stops
2018-10-21
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Don't disconnect it until the update is finished
2018-10-21
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the uneasiness on updating the firmware of your aircraft. I would like to ask if you've managed to finish the firmware update using the DJI Assistant 2? Is there any error message on the DJI GO 4 app? What is the version of your DJI Assistant 2? You can refer to the post on #5 for the whole process of the firmware update.  Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-10-21
Use props
ozoutt
lvl.1

Update always completes. I update via DJI Assistant 2  
Loading the update is not the issue. When I connect the receiver/controller to my Android Samsung  S7, and then connect to the aircraft, the controller software in the phone tells me "Cannot fly" update.
I click on update and it will engage. it gets  to 5% and stops.
Thanks
2018-10-21
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft

ozoutt Posted at 2018-10-21 16:39
Update always completes. I update via DJI Assistant 2  
Loading the update is not the issue. When I connect the receiver/controller to my Android Samsung  S7, and then connect to the aircraft, the controller software in the phone tells me "Cannot fly" update.
I click on update and it will engage. it gets  to 5% and stops.

I am fortunate enough to have 2 mobile devices. An IPhone for work and my Samsung galaxy s7 for personal use. I originally used the Samsung but had nothing but issues, (including the one you’re having), along with constant disconnects and near disaster too many times. Samsung would not update the firmware and never go beyond 5%. I switched everything to the iPhone and the updates install flawlessly. I will now only use IOS for these no matter what they say is compatible, way to expensive to be messing around with devices that are OPTIMIZED for them. I firmly believe it’s your device. Just my opinion, fwiw. Good luck
2018-10-21
Use props
ozoutt
lvl.1

Thanks, I'll buy another phone tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. Cant switch to Iphone but can definitely try another Android phone. LG perhaps
Appreciate your trying to help.
2018-10-21
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

ozoutt Posted at 2018-10-21 17:01
Thanks, I'll buy another phone tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. Cant switch to Iphone but can definitely try another Android phone. LG perhaps
Appreciate your trying to help.

No need to do that just don't use the side port on the controller, use the lower middle USB port.
Have used S7 for all updates sins 1.03.0400 and it works perfect.
Just follow this info Dji on Android.
2018-10-21
Use props
ozoutt
lvl.1

Thanks G, I appreciate it. Will let you know how I get on.
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ozoutt, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our phone support team and the troubles during the firmware upgrade, could you please PM me your contact number which you are used to contact our support so that we can investigate and keep improving our customer service.
Please refer to G_Sig' suggestion and try the USB port at the bottom of the RC or another mobile device to see if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-10-21
Use props
ozoutt
lvl.1

G_Sig Posted at 2018-10-21 17:35
No need to do that just don't use the side port on the controller, use the lower middle USB port.
Have used S7 for all updates sins 1.03.0400 and it works perfect.
Just follow this info Dji on Android.

G! you rock. You can spike the ball. you have completed another perfect intervention.
You have no idea how long I have been messing with this issue.
Cant thank you enough... DJI should be paying you a lot of money. You just saved them another client.
2018-10-21
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

ozoutt Posted at 2018-10-21 18:55
G! you rock. You can spike the ball. you have completed another perfect intervention.
You have no idea how long I have been messing with this issue.
Cant thank you enough... DJI should be paying you a lot of money. You just saved them another client.

Good it worked for you. This link to Phantomhelp is worth reading it.
Android can bee nightmare if not setup right.
Fly safe.
2018-10-21
Use props
ozoutt
lvl.1

G_Sig Posted at 2018-10-21 19:08
Good it worked for you. This link to Phantomhelp is worth reading it.
Android can bee nightmare it not setup right.
Fly safe.

Thanks again. Yes great link, I have book marked it.  Cheers
2018-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules