Mavic 2 pro is suddenly sliding to the side
1582 12 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2jc8LWvY4Qg6
lvl.1

Hi,

Since I bought the drone the Mavic was staying in the air almost exactly with no sliding.
Since yesterday I noticed a slide to the right side (about 30 cm), this happened with out any wind and just some meters above the ground.

I just checked it then at about 50 m over the ground and I still saw the sliding. When I leave the sticks alone, the Mavic moves slowly to the right, you also can observe it via the app if the crossfield in the center is enabled. I just changed the propellers but with out beeing a solution.

I recalibrate Imu and Compass. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
2018-10-22
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Try calibrating the RC as well, and then relink it to the AC.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently. Have you seen some error messages before you took the flight? All firmwares are updated? I would highly suggest to calibrate the remote control and kindly let us know what will happen. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-10-22
Use props
djiuser_2jc8LWvY4Qg6
lvl.1

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer. I also did the rc calibration but the issue is still there. Firmware is updated and I didn't get any message before the sliding started. But you will see the sliding on every flight.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_2jc8LWvY4Qg6 Posted at 2018-10-22 04:11
Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer. I also did the rc calibration but the issue is still there. Firmware is updated and I didn't get any message before the sliding started. But you will see the sliding on every flight.

Hi, does it have the latest firmware already? It should be v01.00.01.00. I will be providing a video tutorial on how to update the firmware just in case you haven't updated it yet. Should you have any concerns, kindly let us know. We're here to help.

2018-10-22
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hmm, so are you saying the drone drifts 30cm to the right and stabilises or it just constantly drifts right but at a very slow pace? Also just to confirm is the drone actually moving or is it just the camera that is moving slowly ?
2018-10-22
Use props
djiuser_2jc8LWvY4Qg6
lvl.1

Firmware is up to date. The drone is constantly moving to the side (mostly right, but also left) with a very slow pace. It is not the camera, I double checked that. Could this be some issues with the side sensors?
2018-10-22
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's difficult to say, if you had a flight log from your phone i could look at that and it may tell me more. Without that or looking at the drone myself i cannot really say. I doubt it's an issue with the side sensors, if it was you could just switch from T to P mode to find out, though i don't think you were flying in T mode in the first place were you ?
2018-10-22
Use props
djiuser_2jc8LWvY4Qg6
lvl.1

No, most of the time I use P. Will again do some Imu calibration and then come back with a log. Thanks!
2018-10-22
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we look at one of your flight logs? If so, please upload it here and post the link back here.
2018-10-22
Use props
djiuser_2jc8LWvY4Qg6
lvl.1

Sure will upload one tomorrow! Thanks!
2018-10-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, post a short video. Also 30cm sliding, is it back and forth or sliding to one direction? how many stats and is the bar green ready to go with enough stats?
2018-10-22
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try flying higher that should fix it.
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now