Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPhone 6+ disconnects when using Goggles
395 8 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkCoffey
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

When using my iPhone6+ and the goggles with my M2Z the phone keeps disconnecting. Sometimes it will reconnect on its own. Sometimes disconnecting the controller and reconnecting fixes it and sometimes it will not fix itself.

The signal was never lost in the goggles (and I am thankful) so it has not been a major problem, but it is very annoying. One of the reasons I like the using the goggles and iPhone6+ is that I can switch between them as needed.

Is this a common issue?
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused.  I would like to clarify if you haven't tried to change the mobile device to isolate the issue? Please provide the firmware version of your Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI Goggles as well as the iOS of your mobile device for further clarification. Please let us know for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-22
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-22 10:05
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused.  I would like to clarify if you haven't tried to change the mobile device to isolate the issue? Please provide the firmware version of your Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI Goggles as well as the iOS of your mobile device for further clarification. Please let us know for further help. Thank you for the support.

I have the IOS 12.0.1 on both my iPad and my iPhone 6+. I updated the Goggles about two weeks ago (Sorry, I do not have them in from of me) with the DJI Assistant. I will check to see if there is a later version out. The M2Z has the latest firmware as of 10/20/2018 since I updated prior to flying. Something I noticed after update the M2Z is that I got an inconsistent firmware each of the two spare batteries. But once all of the batteries were connected it stopped happening...
2018-10-22
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

SparkCoffey Posted at 2018-10-22 10:23
I have the IOS 12.0.1 on both my iPad and my iPhone 6+. I updated the Goggles about two weeks ago (Sorry, I do not have them in from of me) with the DJI Assistant. I will check to see if there is a later version out. The M2Z has the latest firmware as of 10/20/2018 since I updated prior to flying. Something I noticed after update the M2Z is that I got an inconsistent firmware each of the two spare batteries. But once all of the batteries were connected it stopped happening...

Try using another USB cable to connect phone to RC and plug into bottom full sized port on RC. You will need to unplug side cable from RC for bottom port to function. Problem I found (albeit with Mavic Pro RC) is that movement where lightning connector plugged into phone was the culprit causing disconnections from RC to phone. I generally use a tablet now in a holder connected to bottom port.
2018-10-22
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-10-22 14:06
Try using another USB cable to connect phone to RC and plug into bottom full sized port on RC. You will need to unplug side cable from RC for bottom port to function. Problem I found (albeit with Mavic Pro RC) is that movement where lightning connector plugged into phone was the culprit causing disconnections from RC to phone. I generally use a tablet now in a holder connected to bottom port.

I will try this. Thanks. It is a new M2Z and I am using the cable that came with it. it will be interesting if it does work.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SparkCoffey Posted at 2018-10-22 10:23
I have the IOS 12.0.1 on both my iPad and my iPhone 6+. I updated the Goggles about two weeks ago (Sorry, I do not have them in from of me) with the DJI Assistant. I will check to see if there is a later version out. The M2Z has the latest firmware as of 10/20/2018 since I updated prior to flying. Something I noticed after update the M2Z is that I got an inconsistent firmware each of the two spare batteries. But once all of the batteries were connected it stopped happening...

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. I would recommend trying to use first the other USB port like Aardvark mentioned. Please ensure that the other cable is disconnected on the left side once you've used the bottom USB port to see if the issue will persist. If the issue will still occur, please provide the exact firmware of Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI Goggles for further help. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-23
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

My Goggles version is v01.04.0500. Aircraft is 01.00.0100. App 4.3.3.

The issue continues.
2018-10-27
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Anything else I should try?
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now