Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass error
727 21 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansff184075
lvl.2
Brazil

Everytime wnen i land my drone and gonna do a second flight, te compass error message appear. Even doing the calibration steps several times the error persists and i give up to flight. Someone knows what can i do ?
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

Hi, sorry for the difficulty that you've experienced. Did you try to change the location wherein there are no interferences such as a metal object or power lines? If yes, I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. You can re-calibrate the IMU and compass of your drone once you've done using the application to see if there will be changes. Please see the link below for you to download the application.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-10-22
Use props
fansff184075
lvl.2

Thank you to answer. I will try to restore the defaults. This problem occur at diferent places all the time i land the drine and try to take of again.
Thank’s a lot!
2018-10-22
Use props
fans0708f408
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi! I’m experiencing the same! Please let me know if this works in order to perform the same in my drone! Tks
2018-10-22
Use props
fansff184075
lvl.2
Brazil

I restored the factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the dji assistant 2  but didn’t work! Very disappointed to spend a lot of money to have this kind of problem.
2018-10-23
Use props
fansff184075
lvl.2
Brazil

I restored the factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the dji assistant 2  but didn’t work! Very disappointed to spend a lot of money to have this kind of problem.
2018-10-23
Use props
powell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 706411 ft
Poland

You guys should try to move away from your cars or other metal subjects before turning the AC on. And do not land near such things either. This helped me
2018-10-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Strange why your Mavic Air has problems with Magnetic Interference on Second flight, but not First flight.

Is there anything you might be doing differently between First flight and Second flight?  

For example: How you power-up Mavic Air after swapping battery.

You might try stopping, then restarting GO-4 running on your SmartDevice to simulate First flight of day.  

2018-10-26
Use props
fansff184075
lvl.2
Brazil

Itt’s occured at a top of a mountain (and others places like this) very far away from cars, power lines and metal objects. The last time hapenned at the first flight and i couldn’t took off!
2018-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 5980561 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Because this is a known problem for some with MavAir, I would recommend you do a factory reset in assistant, then refresh firmware, this has worked for others, I had similar problem with older firmwares in fact all firmwares until .500, now it seems to be fixed .
2018-10-26
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Hello
I tell you I had the same problem, I returned it and on the second flight I threw the compass error, what I did was turn off the drone, move 1 meter away, turn it on again and go, no mistake, I do not know what the problea but so solve it, if I tried to calibrate just could not, all this was during the first days of use, today I no longer ask for the calibration. I hope it helps you.

regards
2018-10-28
Use props
fansff184075
lvl.2
Brazil

Thank you all to spend time to help my problem! I tried evrethyng you post here and nothing worked. Now the problem is woelrse than before, the drone do not take off at the first fflight. And the message is the same, “compass error”, “can not take off”.
2018-10-28
Use props
MAIRDA
lvl.3
United States

powell Posted at 10-26 05:55
You guys should try to move away from your cars or other metal subjects before turning the AC on. And do not land near such things either. This helped me

This is not the cause of the problem.
2018-11-6
Use props
MAIRDA
lvl.3
United States

fansff184075 Posted at 10-26 07:51
Itt’s occured at a top of a mountain (and others places like this) very far away from cars, power lines and metal objects. The last time hapenned at the first flight and i couldn’t took off!

Happens to me all the time when outside the US.
2018-11-6
Use props
fansff184075
lvl.2
Brazil

MAIRDA Posted at 11-6 09:21
Happens to me all the time when outside the US.

I have at least 5 friends who have the mavic air and it hapoens just with mine!
2018-11-7
Use props
djiuser_28QJZNPq3Sg4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31211 ft

India

It happens with me also. Yesterday i was about to land the aircraft after a small flight of arround 7 minutes, it started giving the msg 'compass error'
2018-11-9
Use props
djiuser_28QJZNPq3Sg4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31211 ft

India

I am also facing the same issue 'compass error' again and again
2018-11-9
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.4
Argentina

Hola, solucionaron el problema de la brujula, como lo hicieron ?

Gracias
2019-1-1
Use props
fansff184075
lvl.2
Brazil

Guillo10 Posted at 1-1 12:34
Hola, solucionaron el problema de la brujula, como lo hicieron ?

Gracias

Con mucha paciencia!! Yo desistí de encontrar una solución. Lo ago unas vueltas camiñando, a veces lo obra e a veces no.
2019-1-2
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.4
Argentina

fansff184075 Posted at 1-2 02:50
Con mucha paciencia!! Yo desistí de encontrar una solución. Lo ago unas vueltas camiñando, a veces lo obra e a veces no.

Hola, probaste desmagnetizarlo ? Saludos
2019-1-2
Use props
Nishimura
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19902 ft
Peru

I've had the same problem, it depends where I'm trying to calibrate, usually it works on the second attempt. But I've tried to calibrate on the top of my building over a dozens of times and I haven't had any luck over there.
2019-1-4
Use props
FarNorth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820 ft
Sweden

Nishimura Posted at 1-4 12:19
I've had the same problem, it depends where I'm trying to calibrate, usually it works on the second attempt. But I've tried to calibrate on the top of my building over a dozens of times and I haven't had any luck over there.

Just in case you havent, you can try with the mobile phone set in flight mode
2019-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules