Mavic Pro Battery: New/Old Stock
1269 6 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I read a few days ago (and i cannot find the post but) someone said they had one new/old battery from a Fly More pack and made me think about the possibly i might have one from 1.5 years ago or so (04/17ish). Looked in the trunk of my car (i don't drive it much) and i had a couple of Amazon boxes and one said battery inside bla bla bla on a special sticker. I opened it up and voila! a brand new battery i forgot i had ordered. No i am not rich at all. So from what the others told him the battery is no good and to throw it away if it is out of warranty.

Well i tinker with stuff all my life and fix most of it. Without touching the battery button to see if it would light up i plugged it in the charger that came with my Mavic Pro and one led just flashed for 30 minutes or so. I unplugged the battery and hit the button and one led lit up and didn't go out so i did the double push and it went out. I thought kewls it is going to charge. Put it back on the charger and 2 leds were doing what their supposed to do. After a couple hours i finally had all 4 leds lit so i unplugged it. Hit the button once all 4 lit and stayed on. I did the double push and it lit all 4 and went out. So after all that and make a longer story shorter it works like a charm but will keep an eye on it. All the voltages are on par. I am charging it back up so i can put it in the rotation with my others. So glad it still works
2018-10-22
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Charged for a 2nd time now I wasn't sure you could wake them up like this when they have sat for so long not being touched.
2018-10-22
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft

You got lucky that it was a "new" in box battery that probably had 25% charge which is perfect for storing for long periods of time. If your not going to be using your batteries for a while discharge them to 20%-30% and then store them. Will last a lot longer, also HEAT is a killer for MP batteries keep that in mind on hot summer days ( I had 2 swell up from heat this summer)
2018-10-22
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Strobing_NYC Posted at 2018-10-22 16:14
You got lucky that it was a "new" in box battery that probably had 25% charge which is perfect for storing for long periods of time. If your not going to be using your batteries for a while discharge them to 20%-30% and then store them. Will last a lot longer, also HEAT is a killer for MP batteries keep that in mind on hot summer days ( I had 2 swell up from heat this summer)

My car is in the garage most of the time but still it isn't heated or cooled for a year and a half. I kind of thought it would take off ok but it did have that one hiccup.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We're glad that the battery is still working. Kindly take time reading this for your reference. Have a safe flight always.

Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines
2018-10-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-23 01:58
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We're glad that the battery is still working. Kindly take time reading this for your reference. Have a safe flight always.

Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines

Hi DJI Gamora yes that booklet came with the battery. It is one of yours i ordered through Amazon last April 2017. I have it marked so i can keep an extra eye on it when using it to fly with. Thank you for your concern
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-23 03:37
Hi DJI Gamora yes that booklet came with the battery. It is one of yours i ordered through Amazon last April 2017. I have it marked so i can keep an extra eye on it when using it to fly with. Thank you for your concern

No worries. Keep us posted.
2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules