980 5 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
filipsnajdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2623196 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 Pro vs Mavic Pro advantages

Hi guys, I tested the new Mavic 2 Pro recently and I was so excited to compare it to my old Mavic Pro and to share with you my first impressions.
I hope it can help you to decide if you hesitate to buy the Mavic 2 Pro or if you don't have any of these two drones and you want to pick the right one for you regarding the price.

I would like to share with you what I like the most on the new Mavic 2 Pro.

Pros:

1. Adjustable aperture
This is for me the biggest advantage of the Mavic 2 Pro over Mavic Pro. My picture above is Mavic Pro in flight captured by his younger brother Mavic 2 Pro. If you like shooting sunrises and sunsets, the adjustable aperture is just a great benefit for you. You have much more possibilities for your creativity. For this picture I used f/10, which was enough to get the nice sunrays. You can never get this result using Mavic Pro, because it has fixed aperture f/2.8.
The adjustable aperture is useful for many other reasons as well. If you want to keep your shutter speed as a double of the frame rate to get nice motion blur, you don't need to use and change the ND filters all the time depending on the situation. You can just simply adjust your aperture instead!

2. Wind resistance
I have to say that Mavic 2 Pro is just much more stable in the air, even during a stronger wind.

3. Mavic 2 is quieter
Mavic 2 is much more quiet, specially during take off, which is a big advantage for me.

4. Sensors
Mavic 2 has the back vision sensor which works as good as the front one. It also has sensors on the sides for autonomous flight modes on for the tripod mode. THanks to that you can just more focus on the result of your shooting.

5. Dynamic range
The camera dynamic range of Mavic 2 Pro is much better. The good quality Hasselblad camera allows you to get much more details if you do post-processing.

Cons:

Portrait mode
I actually found just one thing, which I was really missing on the new Mavic 2 Pro. I was using the portrait mode a lot on my old Mavic Pro specially for Instagram vertical images.
Hovewer, thanks to the better camera resolution of the Mavic 2 Pro, you can just easily crop the image in post-processing and you will get almost the same result.

If you are a Mavic Pro owner and if you are looking for the best picture and footage result after post-processing, I would definitely recommend to upgrade to Mavic 2 Pro.
If you don't own any of these drone yet and if you want to fly the drone just for fun, I would suggest you to choose Mavic Pro. It is still a great portable drone for an amazing price now, just with lower camera capabilities.
I hope my information was helpful for you.

2018-10-22
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 455558 ft

Beautiful, and informative - Thanks!
2018-10-23
Use props
filipsnajdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2623196 ft
United Kingdom