CrystalSky Charger Blinking Red - Can't Charge Batteries
3267 9 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kencox
lvl.1

Just received the CrystalSky 7.85 inch monitor to use with my Mavic 2 Zoom.
I put the two batteries in the charger but there's no power supply or cable. Why?
I hooked the charger up to the USB port of the Mavic 2 Zoom's battery charger but all I get are two blinking red lights. Apparently that means "Battery Charger Error. Retry with an official battery charger".
This is insulting because this is is a genuine DJI product direct from DJI in China.
The manual is very poor for the WCH2.
Maybe someone can point me to how I'm supposed to get the batteries charged enough to run the CrystalSky.
This is lame. Not a happy customer.
2018-10-22
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

check this thread out please.. You need to purchase one of the listed chargers. I found one for a Phantom 3 on Amazon for $18
https://forum.dji.com/thread-102248-1-1.html
2018-10-22
Use props
kencox
lvl.1

cinnabun Posted at 2018-10-22 17:11
check this thread out please.. You need to purchase one of the listed chargers. I found one for a Phantom 3 on Amazon for $18
https://forum.dji.com/thread-102248-1-1.html

Thanks for the reply. This is ridiculous. I have 10% battery and no way to use an expensive monitor without spending even more money?
Also, the updated CrystalSky software doesn't include the Mavic 2 Zoom as a choice of device.
Very close to sending it back.
2018-10-22
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

kencox Posted at 2018-10-22 17:14
Thanks for the reply. This is ridiculous. I have 10% battery and no way to use an expensive monitor without spending even more money?
Also, the updated CrystalSky software doesn't include the Mavic 2 Zoom as a choice of device.
Very close to sending it back.

I know that's how I got mine, but before I bought it I knew it didn't come with a charger which I know is still a bit silly but ya. I felt the same way about having to buy a charger but figured with all the money that I spent on the drone and CS that I could afford to get a $20 charger.

I will say that if you have updated both the CS firmware and the DJI Go4 app to the latest versions,  you should be able to use the CS as long as its plugged in via the USB type c connector on the bottom... but it won't charge the battery.

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and have been flying with it for about a month now and there are some issues but I can live with them vs using a phone.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi kencox, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The original package of CrystalSky does not include the charger, you may refer to the compatible chargers here: https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... osition=0&vid=23531
Also, the V4.3.0 for CrystalSky has been released, you may update the APP separately from here: DJI GO 4 App> "Me"> "Settings" and click "Check for Update", then follow the steps to update to see whether it works.
Compatible Battery Chargers.png
2018-10-22
Use props
EV007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8146 ft

As far as I can tell there is no way to charge the battery while it is mounted on the CS, but... I have connected a USB power bank to the controller's USB on the side  and it seems to keep the 5.5" running with NO battery installed.
2018-10-23
Use props
EV007
lvl.2

EV007 Posted at 2018-10-23 07:57
As far as I can tell there is no way to charge the battery while it is mounted on the CS, but... I have connected a USB power bank to the controller's USB on the side  and it seems to keep the 5.5" running with NO battery installed.

Yep - just tested it again.  Does keep the 5.5" CS running, but you have to give it a second or two after powering on the controller THEN hit the power button on the CS.  

DOES NOT work with the Ultrabright, tested it too - no luck.
2018-10-23
Use props
kencox
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-22 22:14
Hi kencox, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The original package of CrystalSky does not include the charger, you may refer to the compatible chargers here: https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... osition=0&vid=23531
Also, the V4.3.0 for CrystalSky has been released, you may update the APP separately from here: DJI GO 4 App> "Me"> "Settings" and click "Check for Update", then follow the steps to update to see whether it works.

Is it normal for the CrystalSky to have poor touch sensitivity? The app uses a Next button in the upper right corner of the screen and I'm having a very hard time getting the screen to recognize the touch motion.
Apparently I can't return the CrystalSky unless I can prove it is defective.
2018-10-23
Use props
EV007
lvl.2

kencox Posted at 2018-10-23 08:57
Is it normal for the CrystalSky to have poor touch sensitivity? The app uses a Next button in the upper right corner of the screen and I'm having a very hard time getting the screen to recognize the touch motion.

I haven't experienced that.  I have some issues getting to the corner with the sun cover on, but for gimbal control on the MP2 it works great.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kencox Posted at 2018-10-23 08:57

Sorry about the troubles. You may try to reset the CrystalSky from here: Settings>Backup&reset>Factory data reset. If it does not help, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!
2018-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules