Mavic pro flickering and stuttering footage. HELP!
5366 9 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikram19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51273 ft

A quick video shot on the Mavic Pro in 2.7k. I am still trying to find the best camera settings so please feel free to comment on which settings work for you. I shot in DLOG +1,0,0, 30 fps, but am getting significant flicker/lag. Used ND filters and locked at 1/60, iso 100. Any tips? I have tried numerous camera settings and profiles,watched countless hours of videos, and gone through a lot of threads. What camera settings are the absolute best for flicker free, stutter free, quality footage???? Thanks. Please reply soon
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern, make sure you have the original file from the SD card, not the cached video and may I ask as well what type of Sd card you are using? Make sure you are using the recommend and supported SD card.
2018-10-23
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Nice video! Well done!
And it looks perfectly fine to me;

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2018-10-23
Use props
Nikram19
lvl.4

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-23 07:55
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern, make sure you have the original file from the SD card, not the cached video and may I ask as well what type of Sd card you are using? Make sure you are using the recommend and supported SD card.
[view_image]

yes , the footage is from the sd card that came with the Mavic Pro. It meets the requirements.
2018-10-24
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

What camera settings are the absolute best for flicker free, stutter free, quality footage?
One, best and only option does not exist. The best settings will always depend on other things. Where, when, how, etc.

Your problems could be caused by everything between a malfunction of the drone camera, inadequate computer hardware, your choice of video player and last but not least, the choice of video editing software.

With that said, your video doesn't show much without som explanation. It is necessary to point out something specific you think might be a problem for you. For example -

"what I'm talking about is visible between 0.17 and 0.23"
or
"0.17 and 0.23 - is it normal?"

Also remember, it's not a $3000 camera hanging in front of the drone.
2018-10-25
Use props
Nikram19
lvl.4
Canada

I did pay over $1200 for this. It should not flicker. My iPhone se, which was $200 does not flicker. My old hubsan h501 did not flicker. The video stutters and flickers even before editing. It is visible when ascending bear the tree, and in other areas. Not really that hard to notice
2018-10-25
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Nikram19 Posted at 2018-10-25 06:08
I did pay over $1200 for this. It should not flicker. My iPhone se, which was $200 does not flicker. My old hubsan h501 did not flicker. The video stutters and flickers even before editing. It is visible when ascending bear the tree, and in other areas. Not really that hard to notice

Then please link to an unedited clip, and point out exactly what you mean.
2018-10-25
Use props
MBrown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 619790 ft
United States

Just a thought.  It could be a mismatch of frame rate settings in whatever  video editing software you use.  If there is a mismatch, it will appear as a hicup or studder.  Not saying thats what it is, just a maybe.
2018-10-26
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

Well you done a great job with that video, I also have problems with jerking footage however when I do download onto  a USB flash drive the jerking and flickering disappears, so I have purchased better micro sd cards, might be more expensive but hopefully that problem will no longer be there.
2018-10-26
Use props
STRK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118825 ft
Ukraine

Hi! After change SD-card problem solved?
2020-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules