Mavic 2 Pro - V01.00.0100 Firmware Issues
3469 13 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tylerjhill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34014006 ft

Greetings,

Recently updated to the latest DJI firmware for the Mavic 2 Pro and have observed some issues while flying. Specifically:

• Blurry vision and display from the remote controller / DJI GO4 app
  • Obstance avoidance is disabled - while in P/T modes, this should be on, however, the app is showing the obstacle avoidance icon as all red indicative of the sensors being disabled. I have seen some reports of this that indicate the sensors active upon take off, however, I have had no luck and the sensors are definitely off based on some careful testing...
  • One of the C1/C2 menu options shows in Chinese charcters - I believe this option corresponds to the abliity to turn the Obstance Avoidance on / off.. I verified this was not the underlying culprit for the aforementioned item (tried applying button mapping) but it did not appear to be the case when turning that on / off... there is also another option showing as undefined which I am not sure about...

These three issues were not present on the previous version of the software. At the time of this post, below are the versions that are installed on the Mavic 2 Pro:

• DJI GO4: 4.3.2
  • Aircraft: 01.00.0100
  • Remote: 01.00.0100
  • Mobile OS: Android

Another user had reported some of the same issues in the latest software verisions of the M2P - is anyone else experiencing this?

Are there are known fixes for these issues yet? Guessing that DJI will need to release another update, but wanted to see if there are workarounds in the interim. Hopefully DJI can get this fixed soon.

Cheers,

Tyler

2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Tyler, thanks for reaching us. There are some points need to be confirmed and clarified.
1. Regarding the blurry vision and display, do you refer to the live view of the DJI GO 4? How about the original videos in the SD card? Do they play well? It will be better to upload some sample, we'd like to check, thanks!
2. May I know which mobile device do you use? The obstacle avoidance icon will be red in Android device before take-off. If they are still not working during the flight, you may upload the screen recording for better assistance.
3. As for the Chinese characters in App, our engineers have been aware of this and will fix it in the future update.
4. For some features mentioned in the video, our engineers are working on the precision landing and waypoints. We'll release on our website as soon as they are ready. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-10-22
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Here in italy some users crash their drones After update in cattive track and not, me on my personaly mavic 2 pro, i noted in Tripod Mode icon remain red bifore take off i ha an iPhone , hope dji fix quick issue and not every month as usual, we are speaking about a products of 1500 euro, dji is considered like Apple in drone market, but Ness to be more quick and why not test update bifore, The tester can not be The user, agee that if issue i caused by firmware dji change drone in case of crash but we need time to do.

Last think that all user request is Enable possibility to go in atti mode so in case user cam take control of drone, because when ther is signal weak of gps drone decide himself , I saw a lot of crash about this is very essay from engeneer to update this like innphantom 4 the people made this in past with modification of some parameter, it will be better user not hack this , dji please read request of users customer is not so hard, because when will arrive a good competitor you will loose market very quick hope read my suggestion and comments
2018-10-22
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-22
Use props
tylerjhill
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-22 20:09
Hi Tyler, thanks for reaching us. There are some points need to be confirmed and clarified.
1. Regarding the blurry vision and display, do you refer to the live view of the DJI GO 4? How about the original videos in the SD card? Do they play well? It will be better to upload some sample, we'd like to check, thanks!
2. May I know which mobile device do you use? The obstacle avoidance icon will be red in Android device before take-off. If they are still not working during the flight, you may upload the screen recording for better assistance.

Hey Susan,

In response to your questions..

1. This was specific to the live view of the DJI GO 4. The SD card produced a mix of videos / pictures that either came out blurry or were okay.
2. Using a Android OnePlus 5T - since reinstalling the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, this issue seems to have gone away. Will record screen capture if I experience it again.
3. Good to know
4. Good to know

Thanks,

Tyler
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cicciopilota Posted at 2018-10-22 21:04
Here in italy some users crash their drones After update in cattive track and not, me on my personaly mavic 2 pro, i noted in Tripod Mode icon remain red bifore take off i ha an iPhone , hope dji fix quick issue and not every month as usual, we are speaking about a products of 1500 euro, dji is considered like Apple in drone market, but Ness to be more quick and why not test update bifore, The tester can not be The user, agee that if issue i caused by firmware dji change drone in case of crash but we need time to do.

Last think that all user request is Enable possibility to go in atti mode so in case user cam take control of drone, because when ther is signal weak of gps drone decide himself , I saw a lot of crash about this is very essay from engeneer to update this like innphantom 4 the people made this in past with modification of some parameter, it will be better user not hack this , dji please read request of users customer is not so hard, because when will arrive a good competitor you will loose market very quick hope read my suggestion and comments

Hi cicciopilota, sorry for the late response. For the red sensors in ActiveTrack and Tripod Mode, may I have the issue recording and corresponding flight data in the aircraft? Please kindly upload to Google Drive or Dropbox, then share the link here, we'll forward to our engineers to analyze.
For the Atti mode, the drone will not brake or hover immediately, which requires high flying skills. It is recommended to fly in an open field and do a fully pre-flight checklist every time. If there is anything new, we'll release on our website at the first time. Thanks for your support and attention.
BTW, if you need one's attention, please click the reply button under one's message so that he/she can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks!
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

El Diablo Posted at 2018-10-22 22:48
It would be nice if the DJI mods could remove older FW updates threads from the initial page. It is becoming confusing and it really doesn't make sense for people to comment on FW issues from the initial launch. Please leave only the current version. Thanks.

Thanks for heading up, El Diablo! This will be forwarded to the designated team to check and clean regularly.
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tylerjhill Posted at 2018-10-25 12:49
Hey Susan,

In response to your questions..

Thanks for getting back to us. Does the liveview appear in taking pictures or recording? Are the channels stable when the liveview blur? You may change to another open field without interference or recommended mobile device to verify. It the issue persists, please kindly upload to the issue video, we'd like to check.
2018-10-26
Use props
tylerjhill
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-26 22:50
Thanks for getting back to us. Does the liveview appear in taking pictures or recording? Are the channels stable when the liveview blur? You may change to another open field without interference or recommended mobile device to verify. It the issue persists, please kindly upload to the issue video, we'd like to check.

Thanks, Susan. I was recently able to reproduce the issue regarding the obstacle avoidance and captured a screen record. You will be able to see that after initial take off, a 'temporary obstacle avoidance error' message is displayed. As a validation, I switched between S/P/T mode a few times (P/T mode should be valid, S is turned off) and subsequently approach a couple light poles that would normally invoke the obstacle detection warnings. Additionally, I am aware using C1+C2 simultaneously can turn off the sensors, and I ensured that was not the case here. You will be able to see that the sensor indicator remains red the entire time at the top of the DJI GO4 app in reference to the sensors being unavailable.

Can you help me understand what the issue might be here? Appreciate your help!

2018-10-27
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

tylerjhill Posted at 2018-10-27 09:23
Thanks, Susan. I was recently able to reproduce the issue regarding the obstacle avoidance and captured a screen record. You will be able to see that after initial take off, a 'temporary obstacle avoidance error' message is displayed. As a validation, I switched between S/P/T mode a few times (P/T mode should be valid, S is turned off) and subsequently approach a couple light poles that would normally invoke the obstacle detection warnings. Additionally, I am aware using C1+C2 simultaneously can turn off the sensors, and I ensured that was not the case here. You will be able to see that the sensor indicator remains red the entire time at the top of the DJI GO4 app in reference to the sensors being unavailable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpFhx8L8ZM

did you try at morning ? since the sensor are not working with low light condition!
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tylerjhill Posted at 2018-10-27 09:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpFhx8L8ZM

Thanks for getting back to us. The temporary obstacle avoidance error will appear if the sensors do not work. Upon checking your video, I'm afraid that the light is not enough for VPS working, you may switch to daylight and do not fly towards to the sunshine to verify, thank you!
2018-10-29
Use props
sujic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 727372 ft
France

for me, impossible to update my Mavic 2 Zoom to V01.00.0100. To update with phone, the firmware download is anomally too long ( stop in 3% and nothing), and with DJI Assistant 2,  everything is ok ( downlaod and transmitting) but at the end, a message says Failed. What are your recommendations ?

2018-11-1
Use props
tylerjhill
lvl.4
United States

sujic Posted at 11-1 09:25
for me, impossible to update my Mavic 2 Zoom to V01.00.0100. To update with phone, the firmware download is anomally too long ( stop in 3% and nothing), and with DJI Assistant 2,  everything is ok ( downlaod and transmitting) but at the end, a message says Failed. What are your recommendations ?

[view_image]

@sujic usually updating via DJI GO4 has always failed attempting to update firmware, but DJI Assistant
2 on PC has always worked well. Maybe reboot your machine, re-install DJI Assistant, that might help?
2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules