*BUG Ronin-S + GH5S + External Monitor = Motor Pause
1418 9 2018-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob_angie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321519 ft
United States

As many of you know, when using the Ronin-S connected to a GH5/s and using an external monitor the motors will occasionally go limp mid-use, forcing a restart to get the Ronin-S to function normally, only for it to happen again a few minutes later. I'm not creating this thread to notify DJI of this issue, they know it's happening. I'm creating this thread to let users know a solution is on the way. A DJI engineer commented that they're currently testing a firmware that addresses this issue directly and they'll be releasing it soon.
I'm not saying tomorrow, or maybe even a week, but it feels validating to know the issue is being acknowledged and will be solved. Originally DJI was saying they couldn't replicate the issue and we felt like it was something we'd be stuck with, even considering returning our gimbals. I know there are other bugs and kinks out there, and I'm sure they're being addressed and worked on. For now, anyone with this current issue, if it's any comfort, just know it's being worked on. Please comment on the thread if you've experienced this issue, it's still good to keep the topic fresh.

Firmware

Firmware
2018-10-23
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are many posts in this forum about this very topic.  If you have not done so already, I would add a "me too" type post to some of the more established threads to ensure your voice is heard.
2018-10-23
Use props
bob_angie
lvl.3
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-10-23 05:13
There are many posts in this forum about this very topic.  If you have not done so already, I would add a "me too" type post to some of the more established threads to ensure your voice is heard.

If I wanted to do that I would, I created this thread to update people without them having to search for obscure posts in overcrowded threads with multiple types of complaints. Like I stated I’m not complaining about the bug, I have official responses and it’s being addressed, this is to update people who may be experiencing the bug and are unaware its being fixed.
2018-10-23
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4
United States

bob_angie Posted at 2018-10-23 05:25
If I wanted to do that I would, I created this thread to update people without them having to search for obscure posts in overcrowded threads with multiple types of complaints. Like I stated I’m not complaining about the bug, I have official responses and it’s being addressed, this is to update people who may be experiencing the bug and are unaware its being fixed.

Wrong - this is the incorrect way to accomplish this.  Forums aren't made for every single person to make their own threads. People need to learn how to use "Search".
2018-10-23
Use props
bob_angie
lvl.3
United States

FlySD Posted at 2018-10-23 10:44
Wrong - this is the incorrect way to accomplish this.  Forums aren't made for every single person to make their own threads. People need to learn how to use "Search".

I’m not really interested in what you think “people need to learn.” There’s no unifying thread discussing this particular bug and there’s no unifying post on the Facebook groups either, just random people discovering and discussing things as they happen in real time. If you have a problem with it, then don’t acknowledge the thread. I swear you people care about the most trivial crap, keep it to yourselves. This post is not breaking any rules, it’s just an update to an issue with a product we paid a lot of money for and want to use as intended. Hopefully it helps someone. I couldn’t care less if it helps you.
2018-10-23
Use props
djiuser_oIgxy6k2lQP0
lvl.1
New Zealand

Same issue. Same setup. GH5s, Ronin S manual focus wheel, external monitor shooting 50fps 4k. Only happens in this exact config.
2018-10-23
Use props
Zap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 410942 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are they working on a Crystal Sky - Ronin S option?
2018-10-24
Use props
bob_angie
lvl.3
United States

Zap Posted at 2018-10-24 03:29
Are they working on a Crystal Sky - Ronin S option?

Unfortunately, the answer is no. I had feared the limited use of the Crystalsky when it was announced, seeing as it did not feature an HDMI in but I bought it anyway because it worked beautifully with my OSMO pro setup and Phantom 4 systems. There was a glimmer of hope when there were rumors DJI was working on a dongle or attachment of some kind to give the Crystalsky an HDMI in but they never amounted to anything. The truth is, the Crystalsky device isn’t really a monitor at all, it’s an Android based tablet, so expecting it to have the features of a Smallhd or similar monitor is just wishful thinking on our part. I will say though, I don’t mean to discount the Crystalsky, being able to swap external batteries and have a 1000 nit display, MicroSD card reader, has made it very useful, if only they had designed it with an HDMI in.

Maybe if they make the OSMO pro 2 with the Zenmuse X7 integrated the Crystalsky will have a second life. I imagine Inspire 2 and cendence users love it enough already.
2018-10-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

bob_angie Posted at 2018-10-23 05:25

Hey Bob, why so much apparent hostility?  We are all working together here.  No need for adversarial relationships.

For what its worth, although we can agree to disagree, this topic is already covered in at least four other posts...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1615717
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=168705
https://forum.dji.com/thread-165719-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-163456-1-1.html

The biggest problem with opening additional posts is the the moderators will routinely update the threads where we are all posting, so we might be told (for example) of an upcoming firmware update and you might not hear about it since this thread will eventually drop below the better attended threads.  Anyway, I'm not picking on you or saying you are wrong, just reiterating that there is nothing bad that will come of you adding to one of the more established threads, it will only work in your favor.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi bob, we apologize for the trouble caused with the external monitor attached, we have been aware of this and will get it fixed in the future firmware, thanks for sharing here, please wait patiently for the future update.
2018-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules