New Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Firmware Released (11/23/2023)
12Next >
13691 53 2018-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2023.11.23
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.70.17
  • Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.70.17
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.04.00
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.60
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.60

What’s New?
  • Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States.

Notes
  • Update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest version v4.3.60, otherwise the aircraft cannot be used.
  • DO NOT update to this firmware version if the GS Pro app is being used with the aircraft. Otherwise, the aircraft cannot be used.
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller once the update is complete.
  • The update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them in DJI GO 4 after the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 app or DJI Assistant 2, then try updating again.

Overview:
  • Date: 2018.10.24
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.22.00
  • Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.22.00
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.01.00
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.3
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.2

What’s New?
  • Optimized the sensitivity of the remote controller's right stick when adjusting camera parameters.
  • Fixed an issue where after restarting, the remote controller automatically reset to Mode 2 even if the remote controller was set in a different mode.

Notes:
  • Once the firmware is updated, it cannot revert to a previous version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller once the update is complete.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and app, and try updating again.

2018-10-23
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

THX DJI for quick update after last FW. really thx.
please keep it up
2018-10-24
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
  • >>>
United States

And has the slow yaw problem been fixed yet?
2018-10-24
Use props
jacksond
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50991 ft
Australia

I updated to lastest firmware, my controller right dial has returned to normal. And now my P4Pv2 only yaw drifts to the right (so they seem to be getting there).
2018-10-26
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I possibly have a new issue with my P4PV2 with the new firmware.

I have my one set to record in H265/HEVC format at 4K/30 and all used to be well. I have only done one flight with the new firmware.

I like to record the entire flight and turn it into one video but now at the moment the segments are stitched together i get a glitch in the produced output file.

At first I thought perhaps it was because I had tried some different software so I went back to my original product but it was no better. So today reinstalled Windows 10, bought the HEVC codec (no longer included in Windows) and tried again.

Exactly the same issue every five minutes or so.

This is not my latest upload of a video with the issue but all are much the same with the problem every five minutes or so, at 10m54s is a good one.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Weather permitting I will try another test soon...
2018-10-27
Use props
Thanhduyminh
lvl.2

Vietnam

Hi everyone.

I see P4P v2 have new Ocusync 2 update from Ocusync 1. Can someone review about that, Ocusync 2 in P4P v2 is good like Mavic 2?
2018-10-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Hope it solve all problems !!
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DiamondKing1976 Posted at 10-24 15:57

Hi DiamondKing1976, sorry for the late response. Please kindly update to the latest version and check if everything works well. If you encounter any difficulties with the latest firmware, please kindly contact us for further assistance, thank you!
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jacksond Posted at 10-26 17:32
I updated to lastest firmware, my controller right dial has returned to normal. And now my P4Pv2 only yaw drifts to the right (so they seem to be getting there).

Hi jacksond, may I know what's the current status? For the yaw drifts, may I have the issue video for better assistance? Thank you!
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IM35461 Posted at 10-27 11:14
I possibly have a new issue with my P4PV2 with the new firmware.

I have my one set to record in H265/HEVC format at 4K/30 and all used to be well. I have only done one flight with the new firmware.

Hi IM35461, just to verify, does the issue only appear in H265/HEVC format at 4K/30? If yes, please kindly upload the original video to Dropbox and Google Drive, then share us the link here, we'd like to check the exact status, thank you!
2018-11-1
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

The new firmware "DOES NOT" fix the yaw drifting on hover.  Net, the drone will move usually left ( for me) during a hover.  Slight stick pressure against the direction of movement will usually hold it in place, but not always.  Drone also will about 50/50 yaw off center when ascending straight up.  

So, for picture purposes, if you are working a scene, that needs more than the -1.34 to +1.34 of total exposure latitude that AEB bracketing allows, you can't take another 5 images and then attempt to blend them later on as the drone will have moved to the left during the time you adjust the shutter speed for the next series of images.  Same day, older P4 Pro, no problem.  Stays in place. always has.

The P4 Pro 2.0 has had this issue from DAY 1, DJI, please just do a search on google or any other search engine.  

You can try multiple IMU calibrations, and that may help for 1 flight, but after you power off the drone, the pilot is back to the same issue, yaw during hover, and inability to fly in a straight line as the drone will yaw off of center, with mine it's always right.   There are plenty of videos showing this on youtube, by just going there and putting in "yaw on hover P4 Pro vr 2.0 I found 10.

If this issue has been addressed with a EC change for newer products that shipped after the May 2018 build date, then it's only fair to take back the drones in the first wave and replace the necessary hardware.  I have held off sending mine in as it's 1.  Brand new as of June 2018, 2.  Camera is centered and solid, 3.  I don't want to get a refurb back in place of a brand new product.

However there have been posts of more recent purchases, in the July to September time frame where this issue is still persisting.  

It's very sad that DJI can't remedy this with a firmware that can be rolled out, and or recall to fix the necessary hardware that is causing the problem.

Paul Caldwell
2018-11-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-1 04:08
Hi DiamondKing1976, sorry for the late response. Please kindly update to the latest version and check if everything works well. If you encounter any difficulties with the latest firmware, please kindly contact us for further assistance, thank you!

Aloha Susan,

Please see "Paul2660" reply in Post #11.  The YAW problem appears to still be there.

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-1
Use props
kentatas
lvl.1

Vietnam

It seems to be working now, but I wonder if there is any issue after that. Anyone has reviews for this. Thanks.

md

2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

paul2660 Posted at 11-1 07:55
The new firmware "DOES NOT" fix the yaw drifting on hover.  Net, the drone will move usually left ( for me) during a hover.  Slight stick pressure against the direction of movement will usually hold it in place, but not always.  Drone also will about 50/50 yaw off center when ascending straight up.  

So, for picture purposes, if you are working a scene, that needs more than the -1.34 to +1.34 of total exposure latitude that AEB bracketing allows, you can't take another 5 images and then attempt to blend them later on as the drone will have moved to the left during the time you adjust the shutter speed for the next series of images.  Same day, older P4 Pro, no problem.  Stays in place. always has.

Hi Paul, thanks for heading up. So the current aircraft firmware is v01.00.22.00, right? Could you upload some issue video about the yaw drifting on hover status? Please also export the corresponding flight data in the aircraft, we'd like to forward to our engineers to review.
Also, I understand your point of searching online, but we cannot make any conclusion without reviewing the data. We appreciate your feedback and cooperation.
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 11-1 12:41
Aloha Susan,

Please see "aul2660" reply in Post #11.  The YAW problem appears to still be there.

Hi Cetacean, thanks for your kind reminder, I've replied Paul already.
2018-11-3
Use props
Mavicii Ramses
lvl.1
Belgium

When I updated the firmware, I am able to fly, but I have no camera connected.. No signal keeps blinking. Is this a common issue?
2018-11-14
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got a P4Pro Ver2 to add to my M2P/M2Z collection.
Updated all firmware. Calibrated compass and IMU. Definitely a drift going on when hovering. Pretty disappointing for the money I spent and commitment to DJI products.

DJI, please fix this.

2018-11-15
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

04in719 Posted at 11-15 12:58
Just got a P4Pro Ver2 to add to my M2P/M2Z collection.
Updated all firmware. Calibrated compass and IMU. Definitely a drift going on when hovering. Pretty disappointing for the money I spent and commitment to DJI products.

With the latest firmware referenced in title of this post, my P4 V2 seems more stable in regards to yaw during hover.

There is still some slight yaw at times noticed when I need to shoot 10 exposures. 2 5 shot brackets. 2nd set will net just slightly off from first set. But better than before.

Forward flight also seems to have better control as befor it was pushing to the right.

On 2 20 minute flights did a lot of hovering to test and when yaw occurred it was about 50 percent of the time and very slight.   There is still a tendency for  the drone to yaw back after a pan while in hover. So if panning right when you take pressure of the stick instead of a slow stop the drone moves back to the left which just means more editing of that video in post.

Paul C
2018-11-18
Use props
Mavic_Timo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773025 ft
Kosovo

paul2660 Posted at 11-18 18:06
With the latest firmware referenced in title of this post, my P4 V2 seems more stable in regards to yaw during hover.

There is still some slight yaw at times noticed when I need to shoot 10 exposures. 2 5 shot brackets. 2nd set will net just slightly off from first set. But better than before.

For video footage that editing might be ok (but honestly - for that amount of money it is not!) but for pictures at night time my drone is useless!
And that was the main reason I upgraded from Mavic Air!
2018-11-21
Use props
Akin_rw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135243 ft
United States

I upgraded to the new firmware (v01.00.2200) for my Phantom 4 Pro +. Started experiencing issues with drifting and stability the remote controller taking forever to connect to the drone. Then recently I noticed the camera not responding to the controller on a separate flight. I've recalibrated the compass and the controller. Since then, I've tried to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom. It always fails at 66% during the update process with error code 0x022404. The inability to control the camera (it just points down yet it moves during startup) is also a major concern.

I've attempted this on 2 different computers. I've tried it with and without SD Cards inserted. I've used different batteries. I've also uploaded the log. Please assist.
2018-11-24
Use props
Akin_rw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135243 ft
United States

Akin_rw Posted at 11-24 08:07
I upgraded to the new firmware (v01.00.2200) for my Phantom 4 Pro +. Started experiencing issues with drifting and stability the remote controller taking forever to connect to the drone. Then recently I noticed the camera not responding to the controller on a separate flight. I've recalibrated the compass and the controller. Since then, I've tried to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom. It always fails at 66% during the update process with error code 0x022404. The inability to control the camera (it just points down yet it moves during startup) is also a major concern.

I've attempted this on 2 different computers. I've tried it with and without SD Cards inserted. I've used different batteries. I've also uploaded the log. Please assist.

Latest Update:

After checking out my Windows Event Logs, I noticed that there was an MS ID 1002 event each time the DJI Assistant Update failed around 66%.
Here are the details "The IP address lease 192.168.42.3 for the Network Card with network address 0x2E8F5FE8966F has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.42.2 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message)."

So, it appears that at the point that the drone reboots, the USB driven network connection driven by the "remote NDIS based internet sharing device"  network adapter drops off. Upon reconnecting, the drone makes a DHCP request to the DHCP server (I'm assuming this is the adapter) but because of the reboot/reset, that connection is gone.
Code might need a larger TTL to allow for that connection to be re-established. In the meantime, I still don't have camera control and I cannot refresh the firmware (which might not resolve the camera control problem).

2018-11-24
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mavic_Timo Posted at 11-21 00:24
For video footage that editing might be ok (but honestly - for that amount of money it is not!) but for pictures at night time my drone is useless!
And that was the main reason I upgraded from Mavic Air!

I fully agree with you.  There is no excuse for the yawing in hover, the older P4 Pro has no problem with this.  The problem makes it difficult for still work also if multiple exposures are needed, (two sets of exposure bracketed shots) as the 2nd set will not align with the first.

I flew my MP2 the other day on a shoot in heavy winds and was amazed to see how much more stable it is during hovering, no movement all all, totally stationary.  
It' seems that DJI has moved on from the P4 Vr 2.0, as they are out of stock, and have been for 3 weeks or so now.  

Paul C

2018-11-28
Use props
Jerkman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197054 ft
United States

I've had a problem where I have to cycle the drone's power five to ten times before it pairs with the remote.  This has been going on for about two months.  I do not know if it has anything to do with this firmware update or not, but I'm curious to hear if anyone else is experiencing this problem.
2018-12-2
Use props
this is broke
New
United States

New upgrade works great now I got a useless pile of junk I got an abandoned crop duster air strip listed as an airport 6 blocks away I cant even start the rotors in my living room . I am compiling a list of affected users for a class action law suit this is total BS.This drone is my  property paid with my money to buy this junk and they will now turn off my ability to turn my drone on in my damn living room over $3000 dollars of waste !!!!  anyone interested please contact me as all my stuff is for sale DJI phantom 4, Racing goggles,case chargers,release for dropping antenna wires.  Andersonref@comcast.net
2018-12-15
Use props
fans326ae7c9
New
United States

I just upgraded the firmware on my Phantom 4 last night and the Unit lost contact with the controller and flew away.
The return to home feature was set and it just didn’t land. Now it’s gone and since it lost contact with the controller I have no way to find it. Since the unit is two years old DJI won’t even open a ticket to analyze the flight data.
This was a forced update that affected the operability of the device not just a regulatory update. Anyone else have this issue.
2018-12-17
Use props
Akrobatiks
lvl.1
United States

My phantom 4 pro that I purchased in August of this year is acting up. I have been getting all sorts of errors when trying to fly including

A - Navigation System Redundancy Error (Cannot Takeoff) - This will not let me takeoff and while it has been solved several times by restarting the drone, its now becoming more prevalent of an issue and my last flight attempt today prevented me from getting off the ground for all but a few minutes.

B - Compass error - Compass will not calibrate after making multiple attempts. If it successfully calibrates and I dont get the navigation error, then I get an error half way through the flight while its in the air  saying the compass needs to be calibrated and I am forced to land.

C - I have also been getting weird no fly zone errors while in the air. I will be flying perfectly and then I will get a random error saying I am in a no fly zone and the drone will begin an auto land process that initiates that cannot be cancelled. This process makes the drone drift in the air and while I can still control it to some degree, the drone wants to fly away from the homepoint unless I try and manually control  it toward home. The little control I do maintain is very sketchy and if not for some skilled careful maneuvers the drone would have crashed everytime time it has happened. .

D - I tried resetting the firmware once I got home today and now the gimbal is making weird dial up modem / Squeaking  sounds and shaking continuously even when the drone is sitting on the desk. See this video -

I have a shoot that requires a several drone shots and video on Thursday and I fly out on Sunday for a trip that I have had planned for a month that involves a lot of shooting with this drone.

I've never crashed this drone and these navigation problems started popping up after the last firmware update.

I have shoots lined up for the next few days and a weeklong work trip I leave for on Sunday. All flying this drone. Absolutely horrible timing for my phantom to become haunted
2018-12-18
Use props
Mavic_Timo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773025 ft
Kosovo

paul2660 Posted at 11-28 18:25
I fully agree with you.  There is no excuse for the yawing in hover, the older P4 Pro has no problem with this.  The problem makes it difficult for still work also if multiple exposures are needed, (two sets of exposure bracketed shots) as the 2nd set will not align with the first.

I flew my MP2 the other day on a shoot in heavy winds and was amazed to see how much more stable it is during hovering, no movement all all, totally stationary.  

Thanks Paul!
Finally I will return home in 3 days.
The case at DJI is opened and the shipment label is in my inbox.
Mainly because of the gimbal-calibrating issue but also because of the yaw.

The drone has 15 flights (3 of them for one minute in my apartment to test something).
I'm curious if I'll receive a new one or one "as good as new" and if my problems will be gone.

I also started thinking about a M2P but honestly -  I wanted a Phantom.
I need the landing gear to catch it from my sailing boat. I don't want to put my fingers into the blades of my MA or a M2P...
2018-12-21
Use props
lliu0130
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203655 ft
Taiwan

paul2660 Posted at 11-1 07:55
The new firmware "DOES NOT" fix the yaw drifting on hover.  Net, the drone will move usually left ( for me) during a hover.  Slight stick pressure against the direction of movement will usually hold it in place, but not always.  Drone also will about 50/50 yaw off center when ascending straight up.  

So, for picture purposes, if you are working a scene, that needs more than the -1.34 to +1.34 of total exposure latitude that AEB bracketing allows, you can't take another 5 images and then attempt to blend them later on as the drone will have moved to the left during the time you adjust the shutter speed for the next series of images.  Same day, older P4 Pro, no problem.  Stays in place. always has.

Hi Paul,

I faced same issue like you until I use P4Pv1 propellers. Yes, I used non low noise propellers and P4P v2 will not drift on hover. Thanks god!

Louis
2018-12-21
Use props
Jerkman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197054 ft
United States

Jerkman Posted at 12-2 17:01
I've had a problem where I have to cycle the drone's power five to ten times before it pairs with the remote.  This has been going on for about two months.  I do not know if it has anything to do with this firmware update or not, but I'm curious to hear if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

I seem to have found a workaround with the UAV/Controller connection issue that I had been experienced since the firmware update.  I now follow these steps to startup and it seems to be fairly solid:
1, Turn UAV on.
2, Wait 3 minutes (may be possible to wait less, but this is what I've been testing at).
3, Turn UAV off.
4, Turn Remote on
5, Turn UAV back on.

It seems like my UAV is taking that 3 minutes to "warm up" before it will connect to the remote.  I have no idea why this works, but I've done it at least 10 times without fail, whereas before, I would have to turn off/on the UAV 5 - 10 times before it would pair.
2018-12-22
Use props
fansd2731939
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48898 ft
Australia

Hi Folks, I can get my Ph4 Pro V2 to work with my CrystalSky HB monitor but not through the cable inbuilt on the DJI mount for this monitor to the PH4 PV2.
I have to use a separate cable from the RC to sideport on the monitor.
Has anyone else had this issue?
2019-1-2
Use props
fans38f4f401
New
Germany

I updated today and now have a gimbal calibration problem. Calibration freezes at 50% and the gimbal makes a buzzing noise.

P4Pv2
2019-1-8
Use props
fans901505a2
New

United States

I have an issue. When I use the HDMI out of the P4P plus controller with updated firmware, the video looks bad. Lines flicker it stutters in movement (slow pans). It almost looks like a field order mismatch it looks low res. I’m new to this so I may just be an idiot. I’ve tried 720 and the 1080 HDMI resolutions both look the same. I ran the HDMI cable straight into a LiveU and did a test transmitting the footage to a national News Organization I work for and they did not like what they were seeing. Have I missed something here? It looks just as bad via HDMI to my broadcast field monitor. Is this because I’m feeding via HDMI? I was told I probably needed an HDMI to SDI converter then send via SDI through LiveU. Is there anyone that does this that would have any input on this? Frustrated.
2019-1-12
Use props
Kuruppu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501877 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

DiamondKing1976 Posted at 2018-10-24 15:57

I Have Same Issue   Slow yaw
2019-2-10
Use props
lliu0130
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203655 ft
Taiwan

Kuruppu Posted at 2-10 05:17
I Have Same Issue   Slow yaw

Hi Kuruppu,

I faced same issue like you until I use P4Pv1 propellers. Yes, I used non low noise propellers and P4P v2 will not drift on hover. Thanks god!

Louis
2019-2-11
Use props
shokoman
lvl.1

Ukraine

same issue guys
2019-2-19
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-11-1 04:56
Hi IM35461, just to verify, does the issue only appear in H265/HEVC format at 4K/30? If yes, please kindly upload the original video to Dropbox and Google Drive, then share us the link here, we'd like to check the exact status, thank you!

Hi,
Tried another video yesterday in H265 4K/30 with the same problems with Pinnacle Studio 22 crashing as soon as it tries to read the next file.

Even with the file lossless merged my editor would still crash at the same point.

The merged file did upload to YouTube

Susan, I shall PM you a link to the location of the files (I took some photos while filming) for your engineers to have a look at.

Memory card in use is a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64Gb V30 XC1 A1 which has been fine with all my H264 projects and a 4K/60/H264 test today.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IM35461 Posted at 3-24 09:22
Hi,
Tried another video yesterday in H265 4K/30 with the same problems with Pinnacle Studio 22 crashing as soon as it tries to read the next file.

Received with thanks! One more point to be confirmed: do you mean the original videos from the SD card played well, but crash after editing in the PC, right? From the video you offered, we do not find any obvious issue. Not sure if there is something we missed, it will be better to point the time and crash video, we'll double check.
2019-3-25
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 3-25 04:39
Received with thanks! One more point to be confirmed: do you mean the original videos from the SD card played well. but crash after editing in the PC, right? From the video you offered, we do not find any obvious issue. Not sure if there is something we missed, it will be better to point the time and crash video, we'll double check.

Hi,
The files recorded by my drone have the issue (except the first file) as the problem seems to be when it starts the next file after 4Gb / 5 mins of video.

I included a screen grab of the editor I use (Pinnacle Studio 22 Ultimate) at the point it crashes when it tries to access the third file of the drone flight.

In timeline mode, if I try and play the files (except the first one) it makes it lock up.

In the merged together video on YouTube you can see the glitches in the image when the file change occurs at 5min28sec, 10min56, and 16min23

2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

IM35461 Posted at 4-2 13:13
Hi,
The files recorded by my drone have the issue (except the first file) as the problem seems to be when it starts the next file after 4Gb / 5 mins of video.

Thanks for the clarification. Please kindly upload the original videos from the SD card (the videos that have not been edited) and the edited version (do not upload to YouTube as the video might be compressed) to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us with the link, our engineers will look into it.
2019-4-3
Use props
djiuser_VQcpoqqJk6Cu
New
Flight distance : 193369 ft
United States

It might be the reason why I can’t download off line maps
2019-4-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now