Help needed. Why has my map display stopped showing?
1115 8 2018-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6skJaeLno6Ca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21316 ft
United Kingdom

Hope someone can advise on the map no longer showing up in the display?, all I get is a black empty box.It was working fine last week and now no longer displays. It's annoying and I lose confidence, especially with checking home point etc. My area has been downloaded for offline maps and the file is shown as downloaded, anyone solved this issue? Thanks in advance.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know what mobile device, ios/android version and DJI Go 4 app version you are using? If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a screenshot showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. Please back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP. After that, please cache the map when your mobile device has internet access to update the location. I would recommend you do it before flight. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-24
Use props
djiuser_6skJaeLno6Ca
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using an S7 edge, latest Go4 app version installed, and android version 8.0 I have synced flight records but not able to screen shot. At home with WiFi on the map shows up but seems intermittent when in flight mode. Will reinstall like you have advised. I recall seeing others have had this as well. Will update when able to test again.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_6skJaeLno6Ca Posted at 2018-10-24 05:11
Thanks for getting back to me. I am using an S7 edge, latest Go4 app version installed, and android version 8.0 I have synced flight records but not able to screen shot. At home with WiFi on the map shows up but seems intermittent when in flight mode. Will reinstall like you have advised. I recall seeing others have had this as well. Will update when able to test again.

You're welcome. For Android devices, to cache a map, enter the map screen, zoom in the map as required, drag the map to the position you want to view and wait until it is displayed clearly. Then the map can be viewed though Internet network is unavailable. This method also applies to iOS devices. Or turn on Cache Map in the Background under General Settings in the app, as shown in the figure below. I will wait for your update, thanks!

1.png
2018-10-24
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try the fix mentioned in this post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =170324&pid=1620193
2018-10-24
Use props
djiuser_6skJaeLno6Ca
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, thanks will try that advice you have pointed to. Have reinstalled the app. Will test and get back to you. Regards.
2018-10-24
Use props
djiuser_6skJaeLno6Ca
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, I think it's all working now, the map shows up when offline and will follow the tip in the linked post above. PS the spark menu does not show the option to cache the map in the background? Anyway will hope this works thanks for help.
2018-10-24
Use props
djiuser_4sLt1qLPkkvB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53025 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-24 05:23
You're welcome. For Android devices, to cache a map, enter the map screen, zoom in the map as required, drag the map to the position you want to view and wait until it is displayed clearly. Then the map can be viewed though Internet network is unavailable. This method also applies to iOS devices. Or turn on Cache Map in the Background under General Settings in the app, as shown in the figure below. I will wait for your update, thanks!

Isn't this the method for Mavic? The DJI Go app with Spark doesn't have a map option in the settings (nor HD)
2018-10-24
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078228 ft
United States

thats kind of like how my crash started. it was all perfect till last month then alot of crazy things been happening to sparks.hope they figure it out so no one has this serious problem that have ppl losing theyr drones...good luck bud
2018-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules