940 4 2018-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jerkman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197054 ft
United States

Hi all,

I have a Phantom 4 v.2.0 that I've been flying since June 2018.  The problem that I am going to describe started around August.  I am running the most recent firmware.

When I get ready to fly, my typical practice is to turn on the UAV, let it sit for about 5 seconds (until it makes it's noise), and then I'll turn on the remote and hope that I get the green light indicating a successful link/connection.

However, the vast majority of the time, the remote light stays red.  I then reset power on the UAV, and hope for a green light.  This used to work the first time (usually), but now it seems that I have to turn on/off the UAV and/or controller 5+ times before the link is established.

I have tried the command to relink the two devices using the small button on the UAV.  That worked the first time that I tried it, but now even that doesn't work (the remote keeps beeping after I press the UAV's button).

Once the link is established, I've had no issues with range or anything else.  It just seems to be really struggling with making that first connection.

Any ideas/suggestions or anyone seeing similar behavior?  Is this just something I'm going to have to "get used to"?

2018-10-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try the update that was released today.
2018-10-24
Use props
Jerkman
lvl.4
United States

I'll try that update when I get home.  Thank you.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Kindly update the firmware of your drone to the latest version via DJI Assistance 2. After that, kindly re-link your RC to the AC and let's see if this will work. Please keep us posted for further help. We will do our best to help you out. Thank you.
2018-10-24
Use props
Jerkman
lvl.4
United States

I've updated the firmware, but the problem still persists.  It is now taking 5-10 reboots of the drone to get the green connection light.  I usually give up after the tenth time.  I've gone through the reconnection process in the app several times.  It connects, but then the next time it fires up, I'm back to rebooting...  I'm at a loss.  Any ideas?  I don't know if it is an issue with my aircraft or with the remote.
2018-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules