Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
N3 Stops Recognizing SBUS Input
4098 20 2018-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidbitton
lvl.1
United States

I'm running an N3 -- with up to date formware -- along with a Dragonlink Nano RX -- also up to date -- using SBUS output. On more than one occasion, the N3 stops recognizing the SBUS input from the receiver. If I select LB2, confirm the change, then switch back to SBUS, confirm the change again, the N3 is back to recognizing SBUS input. Is there something special about the sbus "flavor" that N3 expects? My next step is to try a FrSky receiver and see how that goes. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi David, sorry for the troubles with SBUS port, the issue will be forwarded to our engineer for analysis, we will keep you updated once we hear anything from them, thanks for your patience.
Please let us know if the issue persists with FrSky receiver, thank you.

2018-10-30
Use props
davidbitton
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-30 02:34
Hi David, sorry for the troubles with SBUS port, the issue will be forwarded to our engineer for analysis, we will keep you updated once we hear anything from them, thanks for your patience.
Please let us know if the issue persists with FrSky receiver, thank you.

Mindy,
  Just to let you know, I tried two different FrSky XSR receivers and neither one was recognized by the N3 at all. So far, only the Dragonlink Nano RX was worked at all.
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davidbitton Posted at 2018-10-30 04:11
Mindy,
  Just to let you know, I tried two different FrSky XSR receivers and neither one was recognized by the N3 at all. So far, only the Dragonlink Nano RX was worked at all.

Alright, we have forwarded your issue to our engineers for further assistance and will keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-10-31
Use props
davidbitton
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-31 02:52
Alright, we have forwarded your issue to our engineers for further assistance and will keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.

Where are we w/ this? Right now I have an unusable N3. Thanks.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davidbitton Posted at 11-5 05:36
Where are we w/ this? Right now I have an unusable N3. Thanks.

Our engineers are still working on locating the problem, there is no update at the moment, I will come back to you once I hear anything from them, appreciate your patience.
2018-11-6
Use props
dynamo_au
lvl.1
Australia

at the moment i have a expensive paper weight

mine wont recognise the sbus at all  it just flashes yellow  software does not see transmiter even on the sbus setting it just flashes i sent it back to dji when it came back no change different receiver same thing recievers check out all good in other system i am at a loss
2018-11-21
Use props
Multirotor77
lvl.1

Malta

davidbitton Posted at 10-30 04:11
Mindy,
  Just to let you know, I tried two different FrSky XSR receivers and neither one was recognized by the N3 at all. So far, only the Dragonlink Nano RX was worked at all.

David, Mindy,

I have an N3 connected via SBUS with an FrSky X8R receiver for a Taranis x9D plus radio. I am experiencing exactly the same phenomenon as David is seeing on the Dragonlink (SBUS is lost, switch to LB2, switch back to SBUS and its fine, switch off everything, switch on again and SBUS is lost again). Would really like to know how to solve it. Cheers.
2018-12-5
Use props
davidbitton
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-6 03:53
Our engineers are still working on locating the problem, there is no update at the moment, I will come back to you once I hear anything from them, appreciate your patience.

This can't keep going on. When shall we expect a fix; or a refund?
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

davidbitton Posted at 12-5 14:35
This can't keep going on. When shall we expect a fix; or a refund?

Hi David, sorry to have kept you waiting, just got the feedback from our engineers, we have been aware of this, it is recommended to downgrade the N3 firmware to v1.7.1.5 at the moment, this issue will be fixed in the next firmware version, sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Multirotor77 Posted at 12-5 13:55
David, Mindy,

I have an N3 connected via SBUS with an FrSky X8R receiver for a Taranis x9D plus radio. I am experiencing exactly the same phenomenon as David is seeing on the Dragonlink (SBUS is lost, switch to LB2, switch back to SBUS and its fine, switch off everything, switch on again and SBUS is lost again). Would really like to know how to solve it. Cheers.

Hi Multirotor77, sorry to know you have the same issue, please check my post in 10#, thank you.
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dynamo_au Posted at 11-21 16:47
mine wont recognise the sbus at all  it just flashes yellow  software does not see transmiter even on the sbus setting it just flashes i sent it back to dji when it came back no change different receiver same thing recievers check out all good in other system i am at a loss

Hi dynamo_au, please check my post in 10#, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.
2018-12-6
Use props
Multirotor77
lvl.1

Malta

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-6 20:00
Hi Multirotor77, sorry to know you have the same issue, please check my post in 10#, thank you.

Hi Mindy, Thanks alot for your support, would please provide us with guidance on how to downgrade or N3s to the version of firmware you have indicated. Cheers.
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Multirotor77 Posted at 12-8 01:30
Hi Mindy, Thanks alot for your support, would please provide us with guidance on how to downgrade or N3s to the version of firmware you have indicated. Cheers.

Please connect to DJI Assistant 2 and select the lower firmware version to downgrade.
2018-12-8
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

Exact the same problem with A3 and version 1.7.6.0.
1.7.5.0 works.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
2019-1-7
Use props
Passagyrs
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I been back and forth with email support on this same exact issue using a Futaba T10J/R3008SB and Hobbywing X-Rotor Pro 40A Esc's.  After 2 weeks of SLOW response I haven't even gotten as far as I have reading this one thread.  Everytime I cycled the power I lost the SBUS connection, BUT only if I did any channel assignment changes.  I also could not test the motors, start the motors or fly the simulator.   I found this thread and now have downgraded two generations back on the firmware and I can now keep my radio setting, test the motors BUT I cannot fly the simulator OR worse I cannot figure a way to start the motors.  I would take any help I can get....becoming very frustrated with my upgrade from NAZA-V2....
2019-1-8
Use props
JoseG
lvl.1
United States

Hello to everyone! Any updates or progress being achieved with this issue DJI? Having same issue with an EZUHF receiver not being recognized by the N3. EZUHF receivers are “PPM” style receivers and can be configured to output “PPM” signal thru a single wire just like SBUS but for some reason I cannot get the N3 to recognize it.
2019-1-25
Use props
UAVshop
New

United Kingdom

We have the same problem with SBUS not being recognised after power down and restart. Have downgraded to earlier firmware and now the Assistant says the barometer is not connected! Brand new N3, not useable at all.
Mindy - any progress on getting this sorted?
2019-5-14
Use props
Rocala
New
France

Hello,
Exactly the same problem as UavShop.
Config : Futaba T18MZ, R7008SB, Fastest.
DJI Assistant 2 Version 2.0.3, Firmware  1.7.6.0
Test with SBUS and SBUS 2.
Only 6 channels are possible to configure.
The four standard (1,2,3,4) and U (6) and IOC (7) !
This config work !!!
Impossible to configure K1 for example on channel 5 or 8 !
So, Downgrade to Firmware 1.7.1.5
And … Barometer not connected !
Return to config working.

2019-5-23
Use props
tysonfromcanada
lvl.1

Canada

I had the same problem and disabled all channels except the first four stick channels plus one more for mode switch from an 8 channel frsky.  With those 5 enabled it's ok but with any more it looses its mind when rebooting.  I connect channels directly to receiver for landing gear, camera switch and drop hook instead of going through N3 and its happy
2019-6-20
Use props
fans77c365c2
New
Switzerland

Hello,
I am new to this forum.
I have a problem with my N3 using Futaba 16SZ Radio and Sbus.
In the DJI Software I could calibrate and setup channel mapping. Stick inputs show up correctly. I can arm motors. However, only throttle reacts to stick inputs. Rudder, Aileron and Elevator do not react to stick inputs.
N3 is on current firmware V1.7.7.0. I tried to downgrade to V1.7.6.0. Setup was fine. However, after power cycle Sbus link get lost. Redo stick calibration won't work.
I further downgrade to V1.7.5 and previous. But here, error "barometer disconnected" shows up with constant red light. No arming possible.
Anyone has running into the same issue?
Any hints and help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
2019-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules