We lost inspire 2 in automatic flight
1715 17 2018-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
esraga
lvl.1

Turkey

The signal was lost between the inspire 2 and the control, drawing a route on the automatic plot. Drone wasn't in sight and we can't find it. We were shooting in a place with trees and shrubs, so we can't find it where we can look. What can be done to find the drone?
2018-10-25
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How far the drone from you when you lost signal? I had issues since day ONE with the Inspire 2 having about the worse signal of any drone I have ever flown.
I am talking complete signal cutout RTH after 100 meters.
I re-binded the remote to the I2 before and that made it better, right until the next time it was turned on.

The Inspire 2 has very poor firmware. The recently (a 1 1/2 years after the release of the drone) managed to mistakenly release a faulty firmware which cause all sorts of issues.
I think 2 months ago they fixed PURPLE FRAMES occuring every now and so often in RAW footage. This is over 1 year after the release of the drone and they are still trying to fix basic issues.

Firmware can be addressed but the I2 poor Quality control and build quality let it down.
If its not the broken firmware that gets you into trouble, then it will be the rattling and eventually detaching motors from the fake carbon arms. They are just glued on. The vibration and cold weather weakens the glue and off comes your motor xD
2018-10-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

JBSonic Posted at 2018-10-25 10:29
How far the drone from you when you lost signal? I had issues since day ONE with the Inspire 2 having about the worse signal of any drone I have ever flown.
I am talking complete signal cutout RTH after 100 meters.
I re-binded the remote to the I2 before and that made it better, right until the next time it was turned on.

JBSonic, venting and ranting aside, do you actually have any advice about solving search and rescue issue posted here?
2018-10-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Sorry to hear bad news. Not myself, but some experienced members of this forum are pretty good analyzing flight data. Unload this data and provide a link, perhaps somebody will be kind enough to give you assumed coordinates of your fallen bird or even a map.
2018-10-25
Use props
esraga
lvl.1

Turkey

I think it's firmware for signal breakdown. I can't see information about flight data on the remote control. No data for the day it disappeared.
2018-10-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

esraga Posted at 2018-10-25 23:02
I think it's firmware for signal breakdown. I can't see information about flight data on the remote control. No data for the day it disappeared.

Ah, right, you've been using some other app, not DJI Go 4 ... I don't think if you can find your drone without flight data recorded to a device.
2018-10-25
Use props
esraga
lvl.1

Turkey

Right i use DJI GS Pro for the route. The DJI Go 4 gave a warning, but there are no warnings for that day.
2018-10-25
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

esraga Posted at 2018-10-25 23:46
Right i use DJI GS Pro for the route. The DJI Go 4 gave a warning, but there are no warnings for that day.

GSPro does not record any logs within their app. (That feature was requested by many users for nearly 2 years, but DJI is not willing to implement this)

What was your setting in GSPro -> Advanced -> 'Exit Mission When Signal Lost'?
Default setting is OFF, which means the Mission will complete until the last waypoint.

What was your End-Mission Action? RTH, Hover or Land?

Depending on the settings in question above, the aircraft may have hovered at the RC signal lost coordinates or RTH'd. Maybe the AC landed at the spot.

Either way - try to find another drone operator with a DJI drone and retrace the mission slowly, camera pointing down and try to locate the aircraft.

Good luck!
2018-10-26
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

One question, why the drone did not RTH automatically after lost signal?That's scary when you have to fly over areas where you can't even think about retrieving the units should it fall.
2018-10-27
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

One question, why the drone did not RTH automatically after lost signal?

This can be set in GS Pro - either resume the mission (default) or RTH if RC connection is lost.
As the OP didn't reply yet to my question above, we don't know what his setting actually was.
2018-10-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that, that a lot of money to lost. Have you contacted Dji support? I thinks the forum admins are off today
2018-10-27
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

Did you properly configured all the RTH settings?
2018-10-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read about your loss - hopefully DJI will help towards the replacement.
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, esraga. I am sorry to know what happened to the previous flight of your drone. Since this issue happened the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support. Please sync the flight records as well using your DJI Go 4 application for further analysis on what happened to your DJI Inspire 2. Thank you.

2018-10-29
Use props
esraga
lvl.1

Turkey

It was late, but  the drone was found by the local people. One propeller had broken and there is no image from the camera on the remote control.
2018-11-1
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

esraga Posted at 11-1 04:45
It was late, but  the drone was found by the local people. One propeller had broken and there is no image from the camera on the remote control.

So you were able to get the drone back from the local people?
2018-11-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

esraga Posted at 11-1 04:45
It was late, but  the drone was found by the local people. One propeller had broken and there is no image from the camera on the remote control.

Oh, that's good news. Is the machine in good shape, broken prop aside?
2018-11-4
Use props
esraga
lvl.1

Turkey

Yes, the machine is in good shape.
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules