Weather
745 13 2018-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

Has anyone flown in really bad weather conditions? (like snow ,strong winds or at night) Just thinking if any of that kind of filming would make good video? Just trying to think of something different.

2018-10-25
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I'm a fair-weather flier. If it's not suitable for bare feet...

Of course, I have drone videos I shot in February.

(Not a spark. It was a "Propel Tilt.")
2018-10-25
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
United States

LOL I prefer barefoot weather too! Yet I like to get some really different perspective on the videos I have been making. More on the wild side (yet fly safe) just saying is all
2018-10-25
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Have a look at the  Video in "Videos and Photos"   Winter Flight,,
2018-10-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flown in snow (not whilst falling) and fast winds - the snow at least really makes beautiful landscapes
2018-10-25
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

The Spark is too small. I think if you wanna go out and filming rough weather, you need a more really professional drone. Not even an Mavic pro, but more some octa rotor things..
2018-10-26
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
United States

good advice I will think about that thanks
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi driverman930, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Kindly take note of some of the guidelines below for a safe flight.

Safe flight environmental requirements:

1. Severe weather conditions, like wind speed exceeding 10m/s, snow, rain, and smog may affect aircraft performance. To fly safely, please do not fly in such circumstance.
2. Tall buildings and steels may affect the accuracy of the onboard compass and GPS signal. Please try to fly the aircraft in open areas.
3. Avoid obstacles, crowds, high voltage power lines, trees or bodies of water.
4. To minimize electromagnetic interference, please do not fly in an area with high levels of electromagnetism, including mobile phone base stations or radio transmission towers.
5. The performances of the aircraft and battery are subjected to environmental factors, such as air density and temperature. It should be cautious when flying 14700 feet (4500 meters) or more above the sea level as the performances of the battery and aircraft may be reduced

Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you
2018-10-26
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
United States

ok got it thanks
2018-10-26
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
United States

Cold! Don't leave your spark and batteries in the car overnight.

It was 51 degrees here this morning (10 C). Still reasonable barefoot weather, in my mind, but Sylvester complained the battery was too cold. Ok, maybe I'd be cold if I had stayed out in the car all night too.
2018-10-26
Use props
djcamera
lvl.3
United States

Nighttime is not a problem.  Great footage.
2018-10-26
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes. The Spark is a beast. I'm not sure my Mavic Air could have flown in this blizzard.
2018-10-27
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
United States

Haven't seen much of THAT since moving to Oklahoma. I do miss that hush that falls when it's snowing. (I have audio processing problems.)

So, recommendation by somebody that has done it is "don't."

So, Bing, Why "Bing Err"?
2018-10-27
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
United States

Bring Err mmmmm think I will keep my little spark out of the snow lol
2018-10-27
Use props
Advanced