Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote control error
2591 8 2018-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Del2015
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does anybody know why this happens? I had a M2Pro, regularly got remote control errors (as in the screen would say that), and the drone would then autoland. Returned the unit to the supplier, got a brand new one and now it's just happened on the new unit!. I can't find any info on this anywhere.
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. Please provide a screenshot of the error message so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using goggle-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Please refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. You can download the software here: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads) and follow the video tutorial below. Thanks for your support.

2018-10-26
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Are you near an airport or any other No Fly Zone (NFZ)? That will make your bird autoland.
2018-10-26
Use props
Del2015
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It literally says 'remote control error' in the top left where it's usually green and says 'safe to fly'. No point in providing a screenshot, must be a standard error?

No, nowhere near an airport
2018-10-26
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

Del2015 Posted at 2018-10-26 09:16
It literally says 'remote control error' in the top left where it's usually green and says 'safe to fly'. No point in providing a screenshot, must be a standard error?

No, nowhere near an airport

Del this is the exact error I was getting weeks ago, I was getting 1 or 2 of these errors per battery until I switched from using the 4" supplied cable and went with a more robust cable connected to the lower USB-A port instead of the top left micro-USB port, and switched from my S7 Edge to an iPad Mini 4.   I haven't had a single RC error since then.......this is just my experience with that issue.......

Is it a band-aid?  Probably, but so far so good for me, my M2 flys great now........
2018-10-26
Use props
Del2015
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2018-10-26 10:23
Del this is the exact error I was getting weeks ago, I was getting 1 or 2 of these errors per battery until I switched from using the 4" supplied cable and went with a more robust cable connected to the lower USB-A port instead of the top left micro-USB port, and switched from my S7 Edge to an iPad Mini 4.   I haven't had a single RC error since then.......this is just my experience with that issue.......

Is it a band-aid?  Probably, but so far so good for me, my M2 flys great now........

Thanks for your response. I'll give that a try and see what happens. I was kind of hoping the DJI would give us an indication as to what this message actually means - is in, is it a hardware or software issue, or is it a problem with the phone I'm using? (Google Pixel 2)
2018-10-30
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
United States

Del2015 Posted at 2018-10-30 03:48
Thanks for your response. I'll give that a try and see what happens. I was kind of hoping the DJI would give us an indication as to what this message actually means - is in, is it a hardware or software issue, or is it a problem with the phone I'm using? (Google Pixel 2)

Is it your specific phone? Good question or just an issue with Android in general?
The first time this happened I was about 1200’ out over the Arkansas River at 300' altitude.  The RC kept trying to reconnect while the M2 was on the way back while in Failsafe RTH (so I hoped, and thankfully it really was).  Luckily it reconnected before the M2 made it all the way home so I took control and landed it myself.  After that I was afraid to fly it.  Next day I tested it in my backyard, just flying circles and patterns no higher than about 10’ and no further than about 100’ away from home takeoff position.  I ran through several batteries getting 1 or sometimes 2 RC disconnect errors PER BATTERY over 2 days.  Each time the error occurred, the M2 went into Failsafe RTH but since it was always so close to the home position there in my back yard, it just auto landed right where it was at each time.
So, I then ditched the phone (Android S7 Edge) and just continued flying around in my back yard with ONLY the RC.  No phone, no cables.  The M2 flew great with ZERO disconnections, 3 batteries worth of flying.
Next, I re-introduced the phone into the equation but this time I used a different cable and connected my phone to the RC via the lower USB-A port.  Flew 3 consecutive batteries with NO disconnections.  Then as an added measure of safety given all the bugs and issues I’m reading about with Androids, I started using an iPad Mini 4 and haven’t looked back on that disconnection problem.  My M2 has flown really great and I bet I’ve been through 30+ batteries since then, error free…
Obviously there’s still a problem, and switching cables and devices just hides it……….but another advantage to me for switching to the iOS system is that I’m not having to deal with the obstacle avoidance mess that seems to be plaguing many Androids right now……
2018-10-30
Use props
Del2015
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's great to hear it worked for you. I've now got myself another cable and another phone and we'll see what happens. Also going to make sure I stick the phone in aeroplane mode as well.

Just out of interest, what obstacle avoidance issues were you having? This seems to be another of my issues!
2018-10-30
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
United States

Del2015 Posted at 2018-10-30 12:05
That's great to hear it worked for you. I've now got myself another cable and another phone and we'll see what happens. Also going to make sure I stick the phone in aeroplane mode as well.

Just out of interest, what obstacle avoidance issues were you having? This seems to be another of my issues!

Actually I haven't had any problems with Obstacle Avoidance, but there are lots of posts from many who do and they all seem to be running running Androids.  I've had no trouble on iOS and I haven't seen any other iOS users complaining about that issue......
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules