Active Track Question
502 5 2018-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WHM
lvl.3

United States

Being this is my first drone I have a lot to learn. My son has purchased several DJI drones and I finally caved to get my own. Have a place in the mountains with lots of beautiful scenery where it's very secluded and safe to fly. Bought the Mavic 2 Pro as soon it was avaiable taking time to read and reread the manuals and watching youtube videos tutiorials for information. Now have several hours of practice and flight time without any problems. First crash yesterday ! no damage. If there a miniumn/maximun distance for active track? Havea UTV I successfully tracked for over a mile before crashing. At first I focused in from above but the video only showed the top of the vehicle and not the beautiful scenery ahead and around the vehicle. To return I stopped and reset the drone lower behind the vehicle. The drone follow but could not follow around the curves on the road and crashed into a tree limb. I assumed it would ajust it's height when required? I noticed when trying to drawn a box and hit the GO, drone would back up in my opinion to far. If the drone would have been closer to my vehicle it would not have gone wide to hit the tree. Might add it's a gated neighborhood and all road are private if someone says do not try on public roads. Sorry for the long post.... I really enjoy the Mavic 2 Pro
2018-10-26
Use props
RobWest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589633 ft
United Kingdom

Hi HWM, did you have the APAS feature turned on? It does lower the maximum speed a bit but the obstacle avoidance is much better.
2018-10-26
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I saw an impressive Active Track video but I don't recall if it was on YouTube or here on this site (or even elsewhere).  Guy was in a park with a variety of trees and tree groves and walked in and around them and the Mavic (also don't recall the model) did a really good job of weaving and bobbing around trees and under limbs.   I was just searching around and could not find it.

2018-10-26
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I did used active track many times with the first FW update no issues so far everything worked smooth and reliable.
2018-10-26
Use props
bbloomquist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

ff22 Posted at 2018-10-26 14:00
I saw an impressive Active Track video but I don't recall if it was on YouTube or here on this site (or even elsewhere).  Guy was in a park with a variety of trees and tree groves and walked in and around them and the Mavic (also don't recall the model) did a really good job of weaving and bobbing around trees and under limbs.   I was just searching around and could not find it.

Could it be this one?

2018-10-26
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

bbloomquist Posted at 2018-10-26 17:05
Could it be this one?

https://youtu.be/f1Kyn9iUkhk

Thanks for the reply.

No, I did find that one and it is good, too.  The other was more of a rolling park area where he moved among the trees.  

I must say, these folks are brave.  I don't think I'm there with trusting technology that much (g)  Especially, now that there are a few videos of the "Attack drones from hell!" (g)
2018-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules