Are the upgrades to the PV2+ considered a new model?
806 4 2014-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

Just wondering if I should return mine for the newer one and if it's an even trade in terms of price. Mine's not even opened yet.
2014-11-6
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well its still called the Phantom 2 Vision +, so no its not a new model, just an evolution.
Its still exactly what you ordered, open it, fly it, enjoy it...
2014-11-6
Use props
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-11-7 04:14
Well its still called the Phantom 2 Vision +, so no its not a new model, just an evolution.
Its stil ...

Yes, its the same model but the compass, the power, and the remote is different. So actually, it doesn't seem like it's exactly the same. I'm still within my return period so I want the better one. I just don't know how I would be able to distinguish the new upgraded one with the older one on Amazon if I needed to do a swap.
2014-11-6
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I did not say the evolution V+ was the same, I said that you have received exactly what you originally ordered. A V+.
Its just that in the time it took for the dealer to deliver it to you DJI released a new updated version.
Are you even sure you have the "old" model ?
2014-11-6
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Unless Amazon specifies it is the "V2" it's pretty much guess work. Had the same issue when the Phantom 1 V2 came out, Amazon can't confirm since it's a "miniscule" update and they just sell it.

If it's really going to keep you up at night, best bet is to just return for a refund, buy it from B&H or DroneFly that specifically lists the V2.
2014-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules