PLEASE ADD THESE STEPS TO THE NEXT FIRMWARE UPDATE
810 7 2018-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneandroam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3392 ft
Canada

We all know that DJI states that using the Nikon D850 with the ronin S gives "full control", yet we all find ourselves to have NO control at all. Once you plug in your camera to the ronin it becomes a brick, bla bla bla. We all know this but the more we talk about it, maybe they will listen and team up with these camera providers to figure out these main issues.  I would love to use the ronin s while shooting a real estate job but its basically rendered useless for photos. From not being able to change your camera's main settings with aperature, iso, and shutter speed to not being able to adjust anything but your touch focus on the screen. The Main reason why I cant use it for real estate is because I cant even use the exposure bracketing with the ronin S trigger. Can't even do it with both app's, nikon snapshot and ronin app either. All it does is take one single photo even when the camera is on (CH) Continuous High. The only way to do it while on the Ronin S is to press and hold the shutter manually on the camera and doing so shakes the camera so easily because its on the gimbal. Probably not good for the motors either.  Has anyone figured out a way around this relentless problem? Lets keep on bringing it up so they cant hopefully fix this major flaw. THE RONIN S HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL BUT HAS A CHOKE COLLAR AROUND ITS NECK!!!
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for bringing this to our attention. This will be forwarded to our engineers, hope they will consider it in the future.
2018-10-27
Use props
droneandroam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3392 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-27 02:26
Hi there, thanks for bringing this to our attention. This will be forwarded to our engineers, hope they will consider it in the future.

Thanks for the reply and hopefully something will get done and will be for the benefit of DJI. Zhiyun-Tech's new Crane 3 that is coming out next month will set the bar for small handheld gimbals. Already having more features than Ronin S. Hopefully with the Crane 3 coming out, you won't just make another Ronin S, and forget about the original and scrap any future firmwares fixing these issues. Thanks,
a concerned DJI user
2018-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

droneandroam Posted at 2018-10-27 09:38
Thanks for the reply and hopefully something will get done and will be for the benefit of DJI. Zhiyun-Tech's new Crane 3 that is coming out next month will set the bar for small handheld gimbals. Already having more features than Ronin S. Hopefully with the Crane 3 coming out, you won't just make another Ronin S, and forget about the original and scrap any future firmwares fixing these issues. Thanks,
a concerned DJI user

I understand your concern and value your advice as well. The above suggestions have been forwarded to our engineers, and we also would like to have more features in the future.
2018-10-29
Use props
dbthump
lvl.1
United States

You're saying you can't adjust any D850 settings while plugged into the Ronin S?  I have the same set up and can adjust everything, after the most recent firmware update.
2018-10-29
Use props
dbthump
lvl.1
United States

You're saying you can't adjust any D850 settings while plugged into the Ronin S?  I have the same set up and can adjust everything, after the most recent firmware update.
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

droneandroam Posted at 2018-10-27 09:38
a concerned DJI user

Hi droneandroam, I just got an update from our engineers that the latest firmware supports to change the camera settings on the camera. May I have the current version number of your Ronin S? You may also try to update the firmware to the latest version to check.
2018-10-30
Use props
sylvio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169469 ft
Brazil

It would be nice to set Roll positions in Creative Track. Now, we can only set Tilt and Pan. ROLL adds pretty nice possibilities in motion. Motionlapse, for fotos, allows roll already. Please add Roll to Track. Regards.
2019-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules