Another bad pilot...it never ceases
1314 6 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

The more I read the news, the more I don't want to rewad the news.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/ ... -marblehead-parade/

Rule of thumb out there:
Never fly over crowds (at least 100ft from people)
Never fly over 400ft (the best shots of anything on the ground never happens above 400ft anyway)
Always LoS

It's that difficult to understand and follow?

If common sense was water this planet would be dry by now.
2015-6-2
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

This is sad ... as you wouldn´t need a UAV platform for your camera to cover this event.

Inside a building window, on top of a roof with a zoom lens, using wires or a "crane could have gotten you about the same shoots ...
There are other type of scenarios where you need a flying tripod ... this is not one of them!
2015-6-2
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hello Airosa, thanks for you concern on this. we are excited to see more people incorporate aerial technology into their daily life, we are concerned that some basic safety rules including not flying over crowds or close to people were not followed. We are actively working to raise awareness of safe flying practices through our website – http://flysafe.dji.com/– our partnership with safe flying awareness campaigns worldwide, and instructional materials both on our website and in the box.Bests
2015-6-2
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Julain Posted at 2015-6-2 18:45
Hello Airosa, thanks for you concern on this. we are excited to see more people incorporate aerial t ...

I like the involvement of DJI at the Forum level
2015-6-2
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

DJI-Julain Posted at 2015-6-2 18:45
Hello Airosa, thanks for you concern on this. we are excited to see more people incorporate aerial t ...

That's awesome.
I'll check it out for sure
2015-6-2
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Deleted by user
2015-6-2
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Valid points but that's old news. We have had the clown slicing his fingers whilst showing off on stage and the clown flying it so close the singer could grab it. Then we have a guy that ended up with a $35k bill for using a power line as an alternative landing platform.
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules