Corfe Castle - Dorset
1291 14 2018-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devillefilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2579 ft
United Kingdom

Another test flight with Droney McDroneface - this time at Corfe Castle. Low light this morning so a touch of grain on the picture and the dolly zoom effect does drop the quality a touch, but for a quick piece shot and cut today, not too shabby.  Only my second flight so just getting to grips with things - so at present i'm not going too much into the various modes etc, just taking it out to get a feel of it.

Important to note, I took off and landed from the nearby East Hill - not National Trust property - and filmed around 7.30am this morning (Saturday) so all was quiet. I was intending to film further along the Dorset coast at Durlston, but the rangers have now instructed all drone flyers that they must be CAA approved (which is a very good idea) and insured etc. If you fly out from the cliffs as well, you'll need to speak to the MOD - very interesting considering that doesn't come up on the various drone apps and sites. So once I've passed my exam and am certified, I look forward to going back. Too many incidents with smaller, cheaper drones are buttoning up the areas we can freely fly - sad, but necessary and at least we'll all be in good company.

2018-10-27
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

Very nice footage!
2018-10-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow awesome work.
2018-10-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing.
2018-10-27
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Very nice video, well edited. Many thanks for sharing
2018-10-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent video! Thanks for sharing   
2018-10-28
Use props
Esk534
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

nice video.  
2018-10-29
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice footage, brings back memories as I done shoot there a good few years ago and boy the national trust make you jump through hoops, cost a few quid and I didn't even know about drones in those days.
2018-10-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Beautiful job !!
2018-10-29
Use props
Thriller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Very nice video and castle! Thanks for sharing
2018-10-29
Use props
devillefilm
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thriller Posted at 2018-10-29 03:04
Very nice video and castle! Thanks for sharing

Cheers Thriller! Yes, the castle is beautiful and well worth a visit!
2018-10-29
Use props
devillefilm
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Many thanks Nebuchadnezzar! Only my second flight so kept it simple, but it's often in the editing that these things come alive.
2018-10-29
Use props
devillefilm
lvl.2
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-10-29 02:50
Nice footage, brings back memories as I done shoot there a good few years ago and boy the national trust make you jump through hoops, cost a few quid and I didn't even know about drones in those days.

Yes, they do indeed - but on the ground filming wise they're fine as long as you have insurance etc. Depends who you deal with really. Drone wise, I took off from the east hill and kept my distance, Wouldn't film overhead during a crowded day etc.
2018-10-29
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

devillefilm Posted at 2018-10-29 04:35
Yes, they do indeed - but on the ground filming wise they're fine as long as you have insurance etc. Depends who you deal with really. Drone wise, I took off from the east hill and kept my distance, Wouldn't film overhead during a crowded day etc.

Can't remember what year it was but around 2008/9. I had to apply for permission and a stills licence to shoot on site, the bureaucracy was mind blowing, but got through it over the space of 5 months of email ping pong.  Like you said, they are quite helpful when you cross all the T's and dot the I's and produce all the relevant insurances. I wouldn't do it again, that is for sure, I hung up those spurs lol.

A year later I did another shoot at Corfe but used a farmers field and just used Corfe as a backdrop.  Right behind the castle and negated the mindless paperwork lol  I would love to go back and "Inspire Corfe" maybe next year when we visit our daughter and grandson.

2018-10-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing footage.    Must have been a spectacular castle during its day.
2021-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules