Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4d2262b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35335 ft
United States

Noam Sonicsmith Posted at 8-20 05:34
Same problem here!

I'm using Nikon D5600 with battery pack and a heavy lens and I thought it's my fault.

Has anyone helped you with a solution yet? I’m in the same damn boat.
2019-8-31
Use props
fans4d2262b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35335 ft

I’m just gonna buy a Moza air. Thanks for all the help DJI!
2019-9-3
Use props
Kangolman
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I just got mine yesterday and immediately upgraded to the latest firmware.  I couldn't understand why it was not keeping the horizon.  I drone and I have had had the Osmo 1 and 3 so I ma used to filming.  tried everything, watched a thousand videos and still no joy. when I pan or move at all, tbh, the horizon just rolls like I'm on a boat.  I just downgraded the firmware and despite it getting to 99% and the stating it cannot be finished it did downgrade and it appears to be fixed
2019-10-29
Use props
C8LT3N
lvl.1

United States

Same issue... Excellent balance, but I can't even hold the grip without the roll axis drifting. I've tried adjusting the settings, but nothing has helped. I can double-tap the trigger to return to center, and the roll axis will level again, but continues to drift and I have to realign again by manually pushing the motor, or double-tapping the trigger again... both methods totally ruin the shot every time. Seriously considering sending back and getting the new Moza instead.
2019-11-15
Use props
C8LT3N
lvl.1

United States

So many people are having the same exact issue with the Ronin-S, and the only "solution" is to downgrade your firmware? Is it too crazy to believe that DJI sold a bunch of defects and are keeping quiet about it to avoid a lawsuit?
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_9BcimMuBGTIR
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the exact problem for the last couple days while I’m on the move in Iceland and got some pretty awful footages...... but I managed to fix it now that I’m back. You might want to give this a try: I’m using the latest firmware fire both the app and the gimbal.
In your Ronin app, go to Status and perform both System Calibration and Advanced Calibration. After that do the motor tuning and the problem should be fixed now.
2019-12-10
Use props
bchaszar
lvl.1

United States

Same issue you here -- glad I found this thread. For a few months I thought I was doing something wrong.
2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_7kiM9nWPZhqN
New
United States

I have the Ronin-SC and have the same problem. I balance it to "Excellent" and the horizon is off.
2020-2-3
Use props
Imorthorn
lvl.1
Poland

Dear DJI,
We have bought a professional product that we use in our work. The producs has horizontal level issue. Please comment about progress of the fix. It happens also in my Ronin.
I suspect that many-non professional users have this issue also but they didnt notice.
I confirm that firmware  2018.05.29 is free of the issue. So you need to analyze only next firmware where the bug was introduced.
Unfortunately the downgrade ist a solution - the gimbal works much worse with this firmware - the motors vibrate and the behaviour is much worse. The only thing better is horizon.
I would like to insist on update on your progress regarding this issue.
In the event of continued silence regarding this issue I will return the faulty produc and demand a refund. I would also ask anyone with this issue to do the same.
I admire your excellent product but the bugs need to be fixed in timely fashion.
Even the greatest product is no good for professional use without professional support.
Kind regards
Maciek
2020-2-13
Use props
MikeFHA
New
Flight distance : 2329 ft
United States

Has there been a fix issued for this? Seems to be going on for years now. We run two ronin-s. One with a gh5 and one with a gh5s. Same problems both gimbals. As soon as you pan it's loses horizontal level. Driving us crazy and almost to the point that we are leaving the ronin in the bag on shoots. Any help DJI? Can't afford to send these in and it seems this is a known issue at this point. Def firmware related.
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_1u87NLim4RBT
lvl.1
United States

proctorvision Posted at 2018-11-1 15:24
The green level line on the GH5 is losing level because the Ronin is not holding the camera level. I doubt it is only a GH5 issue unless it is something with the way the GH5 itself is weighted that is causing the Ronin to horizontal drift.

Anyone having this issue on other camera?

My Sony a7iii won’t maintain horizon level either, after properly balancing and tuning and before usin it sits off level.
2020-9-24
Use props
Mo Khayat
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same exact problem.  I purchased the new RS2 and everything is balanced but the horizon is completely off.  Does DJI just ignore problems like this?
2020-10-29
Use props
lajaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5883 ft
Canada

New RSC2 with Fuji X-T3.  Also not parallel to horizon (skewed a little counter clockwise).  
EDIT: RSC2 has a means to calibrate the horizon (set offset).  So no longer a problem here.
2020-10-30
Use props
fans18c4e937
lvl.1
Poland

Same issue with ronin s. Cmon dji fix this. Its like 2 years without solution....
2020-11-5
Use props
sebz
lvl.1
Poland

fans18c4e937 Posted at 11-5 10:25
Same issue with ronin s. Cmon dji fix this. Its like 2 years without solution....

Quick update. I hit reset in phone ronin app, did Auto Tune and everything looks ok. hoziontal level is working,  but.... I lost it again right after Balance test. So, it look like balance test is messing it up somehow. Could you please do the same test to confirm? Reset, Auto Tune and check if ronin is working ok. than hit balance test and check if horizontal level is still working.
2020-11-5
Use props
DougR
lvl.2

United States

sebz Posted at 2020-11-5 11:27
Quick update. I hit reset in phone ronin app, did Auto Tune and everything looks ok. hoziontal level is working,  but.... I lost it again right after Balance test. So, it look like balance test is messing it up somehow. Could you please do the same test to confirm? Reset, Auto Tune and check if ronin is working ok. than hit balance test and check if horizontal level is still working.

I've had the same issue with the horizontal roll leaning to the right.  This guy's video on YouTube seems to have fixed the issue for now.  He's actually got a stranger problem with his pan axis.  But his solution fixed the horizontal roll for me (for now).  I've got a gig tomorrow, so I hope the fix holds.  
https://youtu.be/xpUJIg_H10w

2021-2-11
Use props
Baltachac
lvl.1

Argentina

Same problem here, Dji Help !?
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_TDNIBWY1AbRd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1506 ft
Spain

Oliprudo Posted at 2019-1-5 11:55
I downgrade to the first firmware version (2018-05-29) and the issue dissapear.
Then I re-install the last firmware version (2019-11-29) and the issue re-appear.

How you managed to downgrade the firmware? Please i need to do mine.  Cant fix the horizon leaning left.  I tried everything.  Dji wont answer for fix.  Thanks!!
2021-5-19
Use props
PixelSyndicate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110407 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has certainly been an issue with the DJI Ronin SC (firmware I have on it at the time of writing is 1.6.0.50)
I shoot much of my video on ice rinks, which has so many horizontal lines (on the ice, the boards, the netting, the stands, etc) that it's very hard to ignore the obvious horizontal tilt.
I've found a way to level it manually before every shoot using the force-mobile feature, where I can use my phone to re-adjust the roll angle, but that only lasts the one go.
Ultimately, I simply had to fix it during my post production edits, by creating a Transform effect with a rotation degree of approximately 3-4.3, which forces me to also do a zoom to cover the black-bars created by the rotation.I finally did use the horizontal calibration tool in the software (I'd not used it previously because the description indicated it was for drift, and i'd not say it was actually drifting), and this appears to really have corrected the issue. I've picked up the set, walked around with it, shut-down the Ronin and started it back up again, and it appears to have kept the correction!

2021-9-20
Use props
fans79f6378f
New

New Zealand

proctorvision Posted at 2018-11-1 15:24
The green level line on the GH5 is losing level because the Ronin is not holding the camera level. I doubt it is only a GH5 issue unless it is something with the way the GH5 itself is weighted that is causing the Ronin to horizontal drift.

Anyone having this issue on other camera?

Yes I have the sony a7r iv
It’s started in the last few weeks.
I haven’t updated any firmware
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules