Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 926549 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hi,

Unfortunately my inspire 2 has crashed and cannot be repaired.
I purchased a new inspire 2, X7 Camera and lens.

Could you help me transfer my ProRes and RAW license? (I have receipts for both drones and cameras of course)

Old Inspire2 Serial: EK072131248694
New Inspire 2 Serial: FF281826538603

Thank you for your help.

2018-10-27
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

You are out of luck i fear. License transfer only does occur when you repair the drone but I might be wrong, I really hope for your sake.Anyway write to the support not here on the forums.
2018-10-28
Use props
Sky_
lvl.3
  • >>>
Israel

Elettrone78 Posted at 2018-10-28 06:57
You are out of luck i fear. License transfer only does occur when you repair the drone but I might be wrong, I really hope for your sake.Anyway write to the support not here on the forums.

I hope not, otherwise that's $1300 of licenses down toilet. This drone is not going to be repaired trust me. I went ahead and bought a new one.
If support were helpful then I wouldn't have to write here...
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will check your inquiry with our team for further clarification if this can be done. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-28
Use props
Sky_
lvl.3
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-28 15:06
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will check your inquiry with our team for further clarification if this can be done. Thank you for the support.

Hi Tony, Thank you for looking into this.
I can provide any information needed as well as the pieces of the drone if necessary.

I'm a professional user of DJI equipment with over $25K of drones and gear and I would appreciate help to transfer these licenses.

I've been unsatisfied with the help and timeliness from the support department on this request. The new inspire X7 needs to go into service as soon as possible and without the License I can't use it.

Thanks.

Thank you.
2018-10-28
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Look when I needed to transfer the DJI care I asked the support team to do that and they promptly did it...a matter of 24h at worst.
Are you sure they can't help you with licenses?
I'm asking this because before purchasing the ProRes license myself I asked them if in case of drone damage I would be able to transfer the license to the newly repaired or replaced drone and they said yes as long as a repair service of some sort is provided.
Also any drone can be repaired....or replaced, I've experienced it myself as the I2 I sent in month ago had an issue that they were not able to identify and thus they replaced the entire aircraft even if the DJI care was due, charging me for 2000€ and then discounting it because under warranty so i guess a "repair" of an unrepairable drone costs less than a whole new drone...?
This was my experience but maybe yours is different somehow.
Hope it can help.
2018-10-29
Use props
Sky_
lvl.3
  • >>>
Israel

Elettrone78 Posted at 10-29 01:13
Look when I needed to transfer the DJI care I asked the support team to do that and they promptly did it...a matter of 24h at worst.
Are you sure they can't help you with licenses?
I'm asking this because before purchasing the ProRes license myself I asked them if in case of drone damage I would be able to transfer the license to the newly repaired or replaced drone and they said yes as long as a repair service of some sort is provided.

The policy as I was informed is that the drone must be sent in for repair to transfer the license. Except in my case the drone is beyond repair,  so I purchased a new one.
2018-11-5
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Email support and explain your situation. We had a customer who put one in a tree in Maine and was not retrievable. Make sure all flight records are uploaded. They were very helpful.
2018-11-5
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also...any Inspire 2 can be fixed. If you need any help, let me know. I can point you in the right direction.
2018-11-5
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Sky_ Posted at 11-5 06:18
The policy as I was informed is that the drone must be sent in for repair to transfer the license. Except in my case the drone is beyond repair,  so I purchased a new one.

I tend to disagree, you shoulda send your damaged drone to DJI then decide.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules