ronin s with sony 18-105 zoom
9488 21 2018-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StefanDan
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Hey, i just got my ronin s with a7iii + 18-105 setup and finally i got also my multi cable in order to be able to control the camera.
I used to zoom a lot with this setup (a7iii+18-105) because i'm filming sports and i'm very dissapointed about the fact that they stoped halfway with the development of this feature, i mean it works so inconsistently that i stopped trying...
the gimbal is great and i love the smart features but i really hope that they will make this happen in the next firmware update as well as the camera charging via gimbal ( zhiyun has all this features since crane 2)
it seems that i just payd ~30 bucks just for moving the rec button 5cm down ))

if you have any hint or you think that i'm doing something wrong please let me know
Stefan
2018-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Stefan, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with Ronin-S, may I verify if you are using Sony E PZ 18-105mm? What happened during the zooming in/out?
The Ronin-S can charge the camera, but DC Power Cable will need to be purchased, please check more details here: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-dc-power-cable
2018-10-28
Use props
StefanDan
lvl.1
Austria

* i use the pz 18-105
* zooming  is not consistent i can make a video to show you how it works
* i can't use the power cable because i need to use the zoom cable
2018-10-29
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

StefanDan Posted at 2018-10-29 08:23
* i use the pz 18-105
* zooming  is not consistent i can make a video to show you how it works
* i can't use the power cable because i need to use the zoom cable

I was thinking about using a "Dummy Battery"  (buy another cable from DJI) there are two 12v power outlets on the Ronin. That frees up the usb on the camera
2018-10-29
Use props
StefanDan
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-28 22:47
Hi Stefan, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with Ronin-S, may I verify if you are using Sony E PZ 18-105mm? What happened during the zooming in/out?
The Ronin-S can charge the camera, but DC Power Cable will need to be purchased, please check more details here: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-dc-power-cable

have a look at this pls

it kind of works... but is not good enough for me because i use zoom a lot (vertigo shot and some other things)
i was using one of your competitors gear in the last few years and didn't have this problem and also you could charge the camera using the same cable
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

StefanDan Posted at 11-1 09:02
have a look at this pls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTZ4sE21W6w

Stefan, thanks for the video, we have been aware of this and will keep optimizing in the future firmware, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-11-1
Use props
StefanDan
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-1 20:25
Stefan, thanks for the video, we have been aware of this and will keep optimizing in the future firmware, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

thx, i was talking with the guys on the facebook forum and it would be awesome to be able to program the left/right of the joystick for the zoom in/out because not everybody really likes the wheel )
thx again
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

StefanDan Posted at 11-2 00:59
thx, i was talking with the guys on the facebook forum and it would be awesome to be able to program the left/right of the joystick for the zoom in/out because not everybody really likes the wheel )
thx again

Yes, there are technical support and engineers available in the Facebook, we will also transfer your suggestion to our engineers, thank you.
2018-11-2
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Following... this is the only thing I really need to control from the gimbal. Real disappointed it’s not working.
2018-11-10
Use props
djiuser_7Ux0IPiCrihH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-1 20:25

Hi Mindy,

I have updated to latest firmware and still have no control over zoom on sony 18-105. Can you please advise?

Thanks
2018-11-21
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tested with A7iii and latest FW 1.06.00.50.
Select speed FAST in app, SLOW will just about not move the lens. Is OK for re-framing, but currently it doesn't replace a zoom rocker/lanc controller.
work in progress (make sure you have the right MCC cable and power up sequence gimbal first)
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7Ux0IPiCrihH Posted at 11-21 11:03
Hi Mindy,

I have updated to latest firmware and still have no control over zoom on sony 18-105. Can you please advise?

Hi there, could you please try AVsupport's suggestion and set different zoom speed to see if it works?
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Marktho1 Posted at 11-10 11:22
Following... this is the only thing I really need to control from the gimbal. Real disappointed it’s not working.

Hi Marktho1, we have released a new firmware and this issue should have been optimized, could you please try again and keep us updated? Thank you.
2018-11-22
Use props
StefanDan
lvl.1
Romania

hey boys and girls,  
As AVsupport says it works.
For now i'm happy but it would be wonderful to have some sort of a zoom rocker . i think that the wheel might be ok for focusing but we need at least two full revolutions to get from 18 to 105 and it's a pain to hold the gimbal with one hand while operating the joystick  and zooming at the same time )
thanks again
2018-11-22
Use props
Chack
lvl.2

Ukraine

Parents should engage in the sexual education of their children and this doesn’t mean that you need to talk a lot with them about it. Simply provide them with the necessary useful literature that will be even more effective. There are also many useful articles on the Internet, such as this one https://j4l.com/blog/dating-tips ... st-date-went-well/. But you need to filter many sources.
2018-11-22
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

issue seems to be that Sony doesn't have any mcc remotes that can make use of different (if existing) lens zoom speeds, only lanc controllers can, but that's a different system entirely..so at this stage I guess no one really can be sure if that can be done, fingers crossed and good luck to the clever DJI engineers ;-)
2018-11-22
Use props
KevinShi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92953 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi @AVsupport,
What do you mean by "Select speed FAST in app"?

I got the zoom function working, but it's super slow. And i can't find any wheel setting in Ronin app for iPhone.

thanks,
Kevin
2019-1-4
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

Same with digital zooming with clear image zoom.
Only one speed, other speed would also sometimes not be recognized.
Very sluggish response.
No soft start or stop of the zoom.

It would only be useful to zoom before starting the recording, but even for this it is not sufficient.
2019-1-5
Use props
gonzalezvre1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141 ft
Puerto Rico

KevinShi Posted at 1-4 21:58
Hi @AVsupport,
What do you mean by "Select speed FAST in app"?

Go to Create\Camera Control\ Zoom Speed set it to fast. It works.
2019-1-11
Use props
Roberto De Michele
lvl.1

It is not possible to use the Sony 18-105 with non-fluid and very inaccurate wheel, I had to mount the follow focus and it is definitely perfect
2019-10-7
Use props
fans55cc6e9a
New
United States

My apologies to post on an old topic (& that this is not the exact topic), but I have not been able to find another applicable thread.

I have a Sony a63000 running version 2.01 firmware, an 18-105mm G Master lens & the Ronin RSC.  The camera is in USB PC Mode

I can control the start/stop of video - so the cable is working between the stabilizer & the camera.   I cannot get the focus/zoom ring on the front of the stabilizer to zoom or focus.  I can get the focus/zoom ring to be assigned to control other items such as iso.

Is this some novice mistake of a camera setting or what am I missing?
2021-1-28
Use props
Turboscart Video
lvl.1
Italy

Hi, i have a similar problem here. I have a Sony a6600 with 18-105 f4 G OSS, a lens that is listed to be compatible with ronin-s and mcc cable. I set the camera in usb pc mode as it should be, but i can only control the manual focus with the focus wheel, while i want to control the zoom. The camera have a very good autofocus by her own, so for me the zoom function is more useful to control with the focus wheel. The recording button works. On the app, i can only set the focus speed, but i can't change the control to zoom.
As i have read in many thread in this forum, this situation is completely random. Someone can control focus, someone the zoom, others just nothing.
So, my dear DJI, is there a clear way to change the function of that focus wheel? Or it's just some bug in the firmware, that is different for every user in some way?
Thx
2021-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules