New Email Address
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heckler
lvl.1
Hong Kong

My email provider terminated all free email accounts which means my email account was also deleted before I could do anything.
As a result I need to update the DJI account email. How do I do this? It was not possible in the DJI acccount settings.
Please note that I cannot use my old email account anymore for sending or receiving any emails as it was terminated by the email service provider.

2018-10-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Heckler,

Sorry, but this will be something of a problem.  DJI does everything with their customers using their email address as an identifier.  Recently another Forum member had to resolve a problem of a similar nature.  I have no idea how it was resolved but if it was not resolved, we would still be hearing about it - a lot!

Hopefully, one of the DJI administrators will assist you here with this issue in the very near future.  Meanwhile, prepare a draft of your email provider's name, location and what they did, so that DJI has the information they need to resolve your problem.  

When this issue happened to me a couple years ago, I had to go all the way to China to get it resolved.  It may be easier now, but do not expect it to be easy by any means.  The more information you can provide, the faster your problem will be resolved.  

Do try to deal with live people when possible.  Emails get lost and forgotten.  Be sure you have a person to respond to and a date for the response.  DJI wants to help you but it is a complex operation.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-28
Use props
Heckler
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Cetacean Posted at 2018-10-28 01:03
Aloha Heckler,

Sorry, but this will be something of a problem.  DJI does everything with their customers using their email address as an identifier.  Recently another Forum member had to resolve a problem of a similar nature.  I have no idea how it was resolved but if it was not resolved, we would still be hearing about it - a lot!

??? WTH was that about ??? All I want is to change my email address.
I am not asking for a refund or return or whatever.
Now, what do I need to do?
2018-10-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aloha Heckler,

Did you honestly travel from the US to China just to sort out the registration of your drone?
2018-10-28
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Aloha Heckler,

An admin is the best to answer all your questions about this.

2018-10-28
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

An administrator will be your best to help with this problem.  It can get complicated.
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I would like to ask if you've used the same email address for you to activate your drone and on this forum? Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Heckler Posted at 2018-10-28 02:58

Aloha Heckler,

Not that easy.  Now think, it is Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Internet businesses to base all customer interaction on the Email Address of their customer.  Also consider that all Internet business are attacked daily by SCAMmers, Robots and Hackers that they have to defend against.  Now it is not such an simple situation anymore.  Articles are written daily about these types of problems.

Now, imagine DJI has 500,000 to a million customers and daily, DJI is SCAMmed for email address changes by 250,000 to 750,000 requests so the SCAMmers can rip off the Email Address owner and DJI.  Not a pretty picture anymore.

You will have to provide a bona fide persona to DJI just to prove you are a real person and then DJI will have to confirm that you are really a customer.  And then you can talk about changing your email address.  This is not easy.  It is a JUNGLE out there.

So patience is in order.  You will need to deal with a real person to get through it all.  The SCAMmerBOTs and the DJI ANTI-SCAMmerBOTS will grind up any automated effort you try.  It can be done, but it is not easy or fast.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-10-28 05:21
Did you honestly travel from the US to China just to sort out the registration of your drone?

Aloha CW,

No, I was speaking figuratively.  If you understand how email addresses work and how companies organize, it is easy to figure out what is happening.  I had to go to Headquarters in China to get my problem resolved.  (It did not hurt that they told me so - I am not all that smart!)

I enjoy your work.  Looking forward to more.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-10-28 09:32
An admin is the best to answer all your questions about this.

Aloha BAMA,

As usual, you are on top of the solution.  Heckler needs an administrator to resolve the problem.  This level of issue requires working with live people.

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Heckler Posted at 2018-10-28 02:58

Aloha Heckler,

DJI Tony has responded to your query in Post #7.  Notice in the bottom right of the Post-Box (#7) that there is a "Reply" tab.  Clicking and responding to that tab will bring the issue to his attention.  Tony is very helpful.  Work with him.

Good Luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-10-28 22:36
Aloha CW,

No, I was speaking figuratively.  If you understand how email addresses work and how companies organize, it is easy to figure out what is happening.  I had to go to Headquarters in China to get my problem resolved.  (It did not hurt that they told me so - I am not all that smart!)

I see - good to know         
2018-10-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Aloha Dear Cetacean :

Many unanswered questions in this forum, I agree with the part that says: more live help is necessary

A user who asks a question that is not answered that day is an unattended user. IMHO

2018-10-29
Use props
Heckler
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-28 14:35
Hi, I would like to ask if you've used the same email address for you to activate your drone and on this forum? Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for the support.

Yes, the same email address.
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Heckler Posted at 2018-10-30 07:18
Yes, the same email address.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Could you please send the serial number of your aircraft, the email address that you've used to activate your aircraft and preferred email address. I will forward your information to the right team to see what we could do to possibly update it, however, I'm afraid that I cannot give assurance. Thank you for understanding.
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules