error code 71
2095 12 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1941willys
lvl.1
United States

so yesterday i was out trying to capture some photos of the halloween decore we set up. i flew into a tree while swinging sideways. stuck about 10-13 feet up. got it down but now it says i need to calibrate the IMU. when i try to calibrate the IMU i get an error code 71. i checked to see if i still had the DJI Care and it expired i guess. I dont remember getting a notification and i had never used it. is this something that is going to cost a lot to fix? or is there something i can still try to get it flying again? thanks in advance
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi 1941willys, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry for what happened with your aircraft. However, have you tried to refresh your firmware via the DJI Assistant 2? If it still has the error code 71, you might need to send the aircraft for repairs. You did mention that your DJI Care has been expired already, to check if it did had expired. You may check this to our website using your aircraft's SN (serial number). Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

DJI CARE Remaining Balance

2018-10-28
Use props
1941willys
lvl.1
United States

I checked and it said there was nothing for my s/n.
2018-10-28
Use props
1941willys
lvl.1
United States

Is there a link for the Dji assistant 2?
2018-10-28
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

1941willys Posted at 2018-10-28 12:01

Yes there is, on the downloads page HERE
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

1941willys Posted at 2018-10-28 12:01

Hi 1941willys, these error codes usually occur after a crash. If this issue persists after IMU calibration is conducted multiple times and refreshing the firmware, the drone will need to be sent back.
Please PM me your serial number, we will help to check if your DJI Care Refresh has been expired. Please download DJI Assistant 2 here: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2018-10-28
Use props
1941willys
lvl.1
United States

ok, dumb question, what am i actually supposed to download all i am getting is text documents
2018-10-29
Use props
1941willys
lvl.1
United States

ok, i have it down loaded and tried to re flash the firmware, it still has the code 71. how can i find out how much it will cost to repair it or where i can have it repaired at?
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

1941willys Posted at 2018-10-29 18:44
ok, i have it down loaded and tried to re flash the firmware, it still has the code 71. how can i find out how much it will cost to repair it or where i can have it repaired at?

It is recommended to send in the drone for further evaluation, the drone will need to be evaluated first then the quotation will be sent to you, you can refer to the price of the main parts here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
If the online repair form is available for you, please submit a case here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. If not, please contact our support team to start a ticket manually and the team will guide you to send in, thank you.
2018-10-29
Use props
1941willys
lvl.1
United States

i am going to send it in. i wish there was a trade in/trade up type of program. for after it is repaired. would like to move up to a mavic.
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

1941willys Posted at 2018-10-31 09:53
i am going to send it in. i wish there was a trade in/trade up type of program. for after it is repaired. would like to move up to a mavic.

Hi there, we will wait until your unit received and the proper team will handle the repair case accordingly. As for your concern about the Trade up, we have it on our official website and you may want to check this link for more information. https://store.dji.com/pages/recycle?from=store-pc-nav

2018-10-31
Use props
1941willys
lvl.1
United States

yeah, i may not do the trade in thing. lol  i have everything for the spark minus the original packaging and instructions. but its broke so $12 is the estimated offer. if i fix it through DJI it will most likely cost well over $100 but the trade in i s just barely over $100. i think my best bet is to send it in, get it fixed and keep using the spark.
2018-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

1941willys Posted at 11-2 06:07
yeah, i may not do the trade in thing. lol  i have everything for the spark minus the original packaging and instructions. but its broke so $12 is the estimated offer. if i fix it through DJI it will most likely cost well over $100 but the trade in i s just barely over $100. i think my best bet is to send it in, get it fixed and keep using the spark.

You can always make your decision, please send in the drone at your most convenient and let us know if you need any assistance.
2018-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules