[URGENT] Phantom 2 Camera Gimbal tilting problem
1008 5 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
panling.liu
lvl.2

Singapore

Hi, My phantom 2 camera always has this tilting problem and the problem come back again after I fixed it.

Is it a way to fixed it permanently ? instead of keep on removing the backcover of the camera gimbal and adjust the metal piece ?

Besides,  It keen on descending when hovering.

Anyone have the solutions ?

Thanks
2015-6-2
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Check some of the video on you tube under phantom 2 gimbal repair. Sounds like the shaft may be getting loose and then letting it turn. Some have used lock tight epoxy on the shaft to lock it in.
2015-6-2
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-2 22:35
Check some of the video on you tube under phantom 2 gimbal repair. Sounds like the shaft may be gett ...

Lock tight seems like too permanent a solution.  Do you have something less aggressive?
2015-6-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-6-3 02:34
Lock tight seems like too permanent a solution.  Do you have something less aggressive?

Just a drop on the shaft at the spot where the shaft comes through the housing on the outside of the mount does the trick.
2015-6-2
Use props
flavio.dasilva
New

Brazil

acenothing Posted at 2015-6-3 02:34

The problem was solved? My phantom has the same problem.
2015-9-15
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

flavio.dasilva@ Posted at 2015-9-15 17:09
The problem was solved? My phantom has the same problem.

as mentioned, once you have it level by following youtube instructions, a drop of green threadlocker #290. will wick down the shaft and hold it nicely.

fixed  mine months ago and it survived a 50 foot plus crash into and down  a coconut tree in july at the beach without any issues.

I do have  inertial and camera guards on my quad and its been a life saver more than once.
2015-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules