Enhanced Warning Zone Pop-up Every 2 Seconds
2285 13 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Today, in my second flight after 0500 update, flying in my usual spot (where this never happeneed before) I kept getting the pop-up screen;

Your aircraft has entered an enhanced warning zone.  
(Recreational airport). Please fly with caution.  
I agree to bear full responsibility for my flight in this zone.
(tick box and click/accept)  
By unlocking you reaffirm all terms and conditions of use.

2 seconds later, it pops up again -- this never stops.  This presented a serious safety issue, blocking my view of the camera feed and disallowing me certain functions like the ability to switch over to map view.

I'm assuming that this is a glitch as it has never happened before the update.  I've researched it online but did not come up with a conclusive fix to my situation.  FYI, I use a decommisioned android phone with no cell service as my attached device.

Help.

2018-10-28
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

I have not had this happen, so I can't say from experience, but maybe you need phone reception for the acceptance of responsibility to go through to DJI!  Can you try on a phone that has a data plan?
2018-10-28
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had this message appear fairly regularly and persistently. It seems to just stop on its own. My flying buddy was getting the same frequent message. It appears to be a bug.
2018-10-28
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

That's the reason why people are delete the NFZ and use a modded app.
2018-10-29
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Any chance I could get a moderator/someone with "DJI" in front of their screen name, to help with a fix?  

I'd like to fly today but can't because this issue makes it unsafe.

2018-10-29
Use props
Drone to be Alive
lvl.3
Canada

It also happened to me when I was in Porto flying at Luis I bridge, same warning pop-up. I tried reaffirming the terms and it won't turn off so I continue d to fly until the warning went away.
2018-10-29
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Drone to be Alive Posted at 2018-10-29 11:47
It also happened to me when I was in Porto flying at Luis I bridge, same warning pop-up. I tried reaffirming the terms and it won't turn off so I continue d to fly until the warning went away.

At least yours went away.  

Mine doesn't.

2018-10-29
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

WTF DJI?

Still no help?

Right now, this thing is useless, I have an $800 dollar paper-weight.

How do I start the return process?
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, my deepest apologies for the inconvenience that it caused and the late response. I would like to clarify that you've been encountering this issue upon updating the firmware, correct? May we have the model of your device? Did you try to use a different device for us to isolate the issue? You can check as well on our geo zone map if the location would be restricted using the link below. Please keep us posted for further assistance.

www.dji.com/flysafe
2018-11-5
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-5 12:10
Hi, my deepest apologies for the inconvenience that it caused and the late response. I would like to clarify that you've been encountering this issue upon updating the firmware, correct? May we have the model of your device? Did you try to use a different device for us to isolate the issue? You can check as well on our geo zone map if the location would be restricted using the link below. Please keep us posted for further assistance.

www.dji.com/flysafe

Thank you for your response.  I flew in a different location yesterday and got no warnings  -- oddly, I was inside a warning zone.

So, to summarize;

Inside warning zone - no pop-up warnings.
Outside warning zone - continuous pop-up warnings.

2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bluehook Posted at 11-5 18:15
Thank you for your response.  I flew in a different location yesterday and got no warnings  -- oddly, I was inside a warning zone.

So, to summarize;

Hi, thanks for the updates. It'seems that this issue is unusual, did you try to use a different device or delete and reinstall the app? Please take note that you have to save the files and the flight records should be synced before deleting the app. Kindly keep us posted if the issue would persist. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-6
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Go back one rev in the firmware before you had issues.
2018-11-6
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 09:14
Hi, thanks for the updates. It'seems that this issue is unusual, did you try to use a different device or delete and reinstall the app? Please take note that you have to save the files and the flight records should be synced before deleting the app. Kindly keep us posted if the issue would persist. Thank you for the support.

Will do, thank you again.
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bluehook Posted at 11-6 10:35
Will do, thank you again.

If the this won't work, you can consider restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes as well, as you've mentioned that it happens upon updating the firmware. You can download the link using below. Thank you for the support. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules