Gimble Disconnect
383 3 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hermitdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16 ft
United States

This morning my new Mavic Pro flew a perfect waypoints mission, made a great video, no problems.  This afternoon I drove thirty miles to fly over an area with beautiful fall colors, and when I turned it on I got a "gimble disconnect" error. I have spent the entire afternoon and evening (at least six hours) trying to figure out what's wrong: downloaded all new firmware, new DJI GO 4 app, have done MUCH searching on forums and it seems A LOT of people have had the same problem: "gimble disconnected" - but no one seems to know how to fix it.  Can anyone Help!
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi hermitdog, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your Mavic Pro. I'd like to ask if the aircraft crashed before? I suggest to sending in the aircraft for repairs. Kindly visit the link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index and fill out the form. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-10-29
Use props
hermitdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-29 01:46
Hi hermitdog, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your Mavic Pro. I'd like to ask if the aircraft crashed before? I suggest to sending in the aircraft for repairs. Kindly visit the link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index and fill out the form. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for your kind response.  I did not buy the drone from an authorized dealer.  I bought it [new] on eBay along with a one-year protection plan.  I have contacted the seller (who does NOT accept returns) to ask whether the protection plan he sold me would cover repairs. I have never crashed the drone - In fact, I've flown it virtually every day with no problems, so I was surprised to get the "gimble disconnected" error yesterday afternoon.   I don't think DJI would accept the drone for repairs since I did not buy it from an authorized dealer.  Please correct me if I am wrong about that.  
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

hermitdog Posted at 2018-10-29 06:04
Thanks for your kind response.  I did not buy the drone from an authorized dealer.  I bought it [new] on eBay along with a one-year protection plan.  I have contacted the seller (who does NOT accept returns) to ask whether the protection plan he sold me would cover repairs. I have never crashed the drone - In fact, I've flown it virtually every day with no problems, so I was surprised to get the "gimble disconnected" error yesterday afternoon.   I don't think DJI would accept the drone for repairs since I did not buy it from an authorized dealer.  Please correct me if I am wrong about that.

Hi, thanks for your fast response. I'd like to clarify, have you purchased this thru our eBay DJI Official Store? I'd like to ask for the service agreement number of your protection plan and the serial number of the aircraft for me to verify. We're here to help. Thank you.
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules