Unable to fly Mavic pro
1305 11 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qjwjlPPjM83T
lvl.2
United States

The app keeps prompting notification that asks me to verify phone number of mainland china. I tried reinstalling the app or even switch to a newly created account but it still keeps promting. The drone is essnetialy useless now. Any people have the same issue? If yes, how to fix it?
2018-10-28
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Iphone or android?,  are "enable Amap" and "Calibrate Map coord(for china )" off? in your general settings
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. Please provide your APP version, exact mobile device model and ios/android version that you are using. Kindly provide a screenshot of the error message so that I can check it on my end. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_qjwjlPPjM83T
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-29 02:03
Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. Please provide your APP version, exact mobile device model and ios/android version that you are using. Kindly provide a screenshot of the error message so that I can check it on my end. Thanks for your support.

Thanks for the reply!

I am using iPhone X with IOS 12 and the DJI app is the latest version (4.3.3). My Mavic Pro has the latest firmware: v01.04.0500.

It's not an error message, but a window that keeps asking me to link a phone number from mainland China. I think the app got confused with users that are not from China even though I have GPS location set to be ON.
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_qjwjlPPjM83T
lvl.2
United States

Jos A Posted at 2018-10-29 01:22
Iphone or android?,  are "enable Amap" and "Calibrate Map coord(for china )" off? in your general settings

I have the iPhone X with IOS 12. The  problem is that  I cannot even get to the general settings. The moment I enter the Mavic Pro device, the phone linking page pop up and I cannot do anything else but "send verification code"
2018-10-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does this happen even when you start up your Mavic Pro outside in a location where it's able to get a good GPS connection? If so, try reinstalling DJI GO.
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_qjwjlPPjM83T
lvl.2
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-10-29 03:26
Does this happen even when you start up your Mavic Pro outside in a location where it's able to get a good GPS connection? If so, try reinstalling DJI GO.

I tried to fly both inside and outside with good GPS connection. I have also tried reinstalling the default DJI app but still no luck : (
2018-10-29
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Have you tried with wifi and or data turned off on your phone?
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_qjwjlPPjM83T
lvl.2
United States

Far_North Posted at 2018-10-29 04:56
Have you tried with wifi and or data turned off on your phone?

I did three tests:

I. Wifi-on, indoor, no cellular service (Result: Asking for linking phone number)
II. Wifi-on, outdoor, no cellular service  (Result: Asking for linking phone number)
III. Wifi-on, indoor, with cellular data  (Result: Asking for linking phone number)

The only thing I haven't tried is
Wifi-on, outdoor, with cellular data
and it's because I was in a rural area with no signal. I can try it some time in a service covered location while outdoor and see how it goes.
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_qjwjlPPjM83T
lvl.2
United States

OK. I tried to fly the Mavic Pro with an iPad and somehow the promoted error disappeared. Guess I have to stick with it for now
2018-10-29
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since  the iPhone X with IOS 12 just came out, has it been tested by DJI, and on the approved list?  Need a DJI admin to step in here on that one.  Thanks!
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_g37OmqEDpSCy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59206 ft
United States

Lonesome Crow Posted at 10-29 14:35
Since  the iPhone X with IOS 12 just came out, has it been tested by DJI, and on the approved list?  Need a DJI admin to step in here on that one.  Thanks!

I fly with a iPhone X with iOS 12 and have experienced no issues what so ever.
2018-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules