2437 9 2018-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Dalmau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101637 ft
Spain

Hello,

Yesterday I received this news that I attached in pdf and in a link: SN-2018/008

DJI is taking action on this?

I depend on my M200 and M210RTK to work. I usually fly with M210RTK with one or two cameras: Z30 and XT2. So I have a little more than € 20,000 in the air ...

I must be worried?

Thank you,

David D.

SafetyNotice2018008.pdf

164.07 KB, Down times: 11

2018-10-29
Use props
Bigrhino245
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132746 ft
United Kingdom

I have recieved the same notification from my supplier today.  Recommendation is no flying unless absolutely necessary.
2018-10-29
Use props
uavsolutionsmaint
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI has issued a M200 series Update Instruction with the same date of issue as the CAA SafetyNotice:
https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -m200-series-drones

So following this instruction and checking/updating all parts to the latest firmware should prevent the M200 series falling out of the sky......(?)
2018-10-29
Use props
uavsolutionsmaint
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI M200 series Update Information: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qer3g3 ... structions.pdf?dl=0

Page 4 for all the FW.
2018-10-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And in the news today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46032019
2018-10-30
Use props
Biggles846
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451047 ft
United Kingdom

Find it strange that no other countries' aviation authorities have commented or taken action?
2018-10-31
Use props
Parzival
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3775476 ft
United States

Also the Austrialian Government

rpas-safety-bulletin-issue-1.pdf

61.4 KB, Down times: 5

RPAS-SB-18/01 Issue 1 – 2 November 2018 Operations of DJI aircraft fitted with TB50 and TB55 Batter ...

2018-11-2
Use props
Dogmadude
lvl.1
Flight distance : 293235 ft
Malaysia

I received the same caution note from DJI as well as several other sources.

The note is very concerning for a small enterprise like mine. I made a huge investment in purchasing DJI Inspire2 and M210RTK UAV's as well as expensive sensors for commercial use which depend on either TB50 or TB55. One of the main reasons for procuring the equipment was the safety features highlighted by DJI and I have referenced DJI product materials regarding safety to meet the safety checklists of industrial clients, aviation authorities and insurance requirements. Now I am faced with having to explain to customers that I cant fly their projects for safety reasons associated with the equipment.

These UAV's and associated equipment are not inexpensive and were purchased on the basis that the product can perform to the safety standards and marketing materials produced by DJI.

Can DJI please inform their customers on how they plan to address this issue immediately!  

2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi David, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently.  DJI is now working on a firmware update to address the issues. Kindly read the news article we just released recently on our website for more information. We value your continued support. Thank you.

DJI Advises Customers To Fly With Caution When Using TB50 And TB55 Batteries In Drones
2018-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dogmadude Posted at 11-3 00:38
I received the same caution note from DJI as well as several other sources.

The note is very concerning for a small enterprise like mine. I made a huge investment in purchasing DJI Inspire2 and M210RTK UAV's as well as expensive sensors for commercial use which depend on either TB50 or TB55. One of the main reasons for procuring the equipment was the safety features highlighted by DJI and I have referenced DJI product materials regarding safety to meet the safety checklists of industrial clients, aviation authorities and insurance requirements. Now I am faced with having to explain to customers that I cant fly their projects for safety reasons associated with the equipment.

Hi, we are currently addressing the issues. DJI is working on a firmware update that will provide improvements to flight safety for the affected drones. We appreciate your patience. Thank you.
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules