1489 12 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We have conducted probably four or five dual operations now and seem to have a little oddity which happens from time to time.

Both controllers are using iPad 2's with a second monitor running off the HDMI port and paired in the usual way. At various points we have noticed the second controller, which is controlling the camera, suddenly losses the downlink video feed, but my main controller still has the feed with no issues. Both myself and my camerman are always stood at the side of each other which seems odd that one would stop receiving the feed when the other is fine. Both controller have the aerials in the correct position.

Thoughts anyone?

2015-6-2
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

You could try swapping the controllers and see if it occurs again
2015-6-2
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Try increasing the distance between pilot and camera operator.  I have heard from one source in the UK that where two Inspire users were flying at the same time, if they got too close to each other, one of the aircraft would return to home or other abnormality, but when both Pilots were about 30m apart no problems.  

Just a suggestion...
2015-6-2
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-2 21:42
Try increasing the distance between pilot and camera operator.  I have heard from one source in the  ...

I'll try the swap for sure.

I could understand two masters interfering, will do some testing I guess.
2015-6-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may also want to change your channel setting from Auto to Custom, select the lowest bar and then adjust your transmission rate to 4mbps.  That may also help.
2015-6-2
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-3 02:26
You may also want to change your channel setting from Auto to Custom, select the lowest bar and then ...

Thanks for the reply Ed. We tend to run with auto settings when filming, especially under the pressure off a job, flicking round the menus mid flight isn't an great solution. The problem seems to be with just the one controller as the master controller has never dropped signal up to my 500 meters limits, at that distance the secondary controller can be very intermittent.
2015-6-2
Use props
rchelicam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 230548 ft
Sweden

You may also want to change your channel setting from Auto to Custom, select the lowest bar and then ...

I have the same problem so i folow this topic  No sulotion tho
2015-6-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

iSkyUnmannedSys Posted at 2015-6-3 02:47
Thanks for the reply Ed. We tend to run with auto settings when filming, especially under the pres ...

Just set it before you fly on the Slave Tx.  See if that helps.
2015-6-2
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-3 03:44
Just set it before you fly on the Slave Tx.  See if that helps.

Will have a play Ed thanks.
2015-6-2
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ed, after several weeks of testing we have concluded this problem is problem with a slave controller.

We've tested on a remote site, ie no RF sources for miles and over the ocean. Second controller drops video at various distances for approximately seven seconds. We even swapped the controllers around see if it was a specific error with the controller, same thing happened.

Now I'm seeing several other users reporting the exact same thing. Is this something DJI can address. It's not making things easy when you're trying the capture a one of shot!
2015-7-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

iSkyUnmannedSys Posted at 2015-7-13 02:34
Ed, after several weeks of testing we have concluded this problem is problem with a slave controll ...

The Slave Tx will have less distance than the Master.  That is by design from DJI.  I may not agree be it is what it is.  Set the slave to custom and lower the tx rate to 4mbps.  See if that works.
2015-7-12
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-13 02:58
The Slave Tx will have less distance than the Master.  That is by design from DJI.  I may not agre ...

That's Ed, will give it a shot.
2015-7-12
Use props
editingfx.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58537 ft
United States

Same issue, seen over very short distances.   Flying today, will test above suggestions.
2015-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules